PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever...

Araciel
02-10-2008, 06:37 AM
Sat in a confined area with a person/people who are wearing an overwhelming amount of fragrant product? (perfume, deoderant, even makeup/hair product)

I spent about an hour in a situation like this...and it leads me to beg the question: WTF?

I mean my throat is raw but coated with a film of disgusting perfume-flavoured mucouslike substance which I hope is my body's natural protective reaction....

Why do people do this on 'club night' andwhat is thought to be gained? Are they coveringup a smell? Are they trying to increase the range of their already mostly ineffective human pheremone output by sloshing on a bunch of strange alcohol based stinks?

I may have been guilty of overscenting in the past but I barely wear anything of late, probably mostly due to the lack of my socially interacting with people forany reason, but STILL....good gods people!

To turn this from a rant that may get closed, I'll ask:

Do you wear perfume/manperfume a lot? what kind? etc etc.

Randgris
02-10-2008, 06:41 AM
Perfume only when there's an occasion. On other days, scented baby powder or cologne is OK.

Vermachtnis
02-10-2008, 06:49 AM
I've known guys who believe Axe is a substitute for bathing. Seriously, Axe in small amounts smell bad. Not showering for a night won't help.

EDIT: I missed the last question. I don't wear colonge hardly ever. The closest I come was this one time I bought strong deodarent.

rubah
02-10-2008, 07:02 AM
I only wear perfume on special occasions, or if I want to xD I don't use any more than two spritzes and I usually ventilate it when I spray xD

Darkwolf090
02-10-2008, 07:55 AM
I dont wear anything, well I do wear Body Deo. but only when I leave the house but I shower then put it on for the day ahead. Anything other then that nope, dont put stuff like that on

Arc_Master_14
02-10-2008, 08:05 AM
only deoderant and i cant smell that anyways but if im at a friends house and dont go home for a few days i take a few spritzes of tag or such

Faded Tears
02-10-2008, 09:58 AM
I wear some Victoria Secret perfume, only occasionally. But I only spray it once so no worries. I forgot what the perfume is called and I'm too lazy too check.

I've sat next to people (either in class or on the bus) that wear too much. But imo its worse if they smell like smoke (from cigarettes).

Avarice-ness
02-10-2008, 11:23 AM
I don't wear perfume or make up alot at all. I may spray some smelly stuff from victoria's secret on me when I get out of the shower but that's about it. I do have Paris Hilton's original perfume (which seriously smells great) and I wear that not so often because I don't wanna pay 60 dollars for another bottle anytime soon.

I worked in the perfume section at JcPenney's and if you think that's bad, think of having your head in this little glass box reorganizing all the perfume's which has conveinently stunk up the area.
I was sick to my stomach for like 2 days. :(

Quindiana Jones
02-10-2008, 12:57 PM
My dad once gelled his hair with Vicks. I wasn't alive when he did it, unfortunately, but I've been told enough to know the lols.

Chemical
02-10-2008, 02:30 PM
I always wear perfume, but you've never complained.
So I don't think I overdose on the stuff.

I've had :skull::skull::skull::skull: happen though where I showered, put on a little Versace or Escada, then hopped into a car with some buddies of mine feeling fresh and rejuvinated .. .then they pull out smokes and I leave the car feeling like someone smacked me with a tonne of brick - my hair especially feeling weighed down and reeking of second hand smoke.

So gross

Aerith's Knight
02-10-2008, 05:19 PM
I wear Hugo Boss.. for men!

:)

anyways.. i always put on enough.. but girls dont seem to mind

LunarWeaver
02-10-2008, 05:36 PM
I have never worn cologne and I never shall. I'm too cheap and I never saw the point. I don't think it makes anybody more appealing, but that's me. Maybe I like all natural?! Although I do think it's funny men refused to wear perfume so a marketing genius just renamed it and put it in a manlier box. I wish they'd rename the purse to something like "Violent Bag KillMAXX+" so it would be socially acceptable for me to carry one.

Captain Maxx Power
02-10-2008, 06:04 PM
My natural funk has me fending off the ladies on a daily basis. It's 78% of the reason why I can't go out in public.

Jess
02-10-2008, 06:28 PM
I always wear perfume. I don't wear too much, though. My favourite is Flower by Kenzo, but I own a couple of different ones.

Araciel
02-11-2008, 04:08 AM
I wish they'd rename the purse to something like "Violent Bag KillMAXX+" so it would be socially acceptable for me to carry one.

They're called 'laptop carrier bags'

Værn
02-11-2008, 04:23 AM
I've known guys who believe Axe is a substitute for bathing. Seriously, Axe in small amounts smell bad. Not showering for a night won't help.
Axe is just horrible to me... burns my nostrils and throat, big time. Why do people even by that stuff?

Sweet Beloved
02-11-2008, 05:08 AM
I have to deal with it on a bus of Freshman, Sophomores, and Juniors.
All girls.
And everyone of them pours themselves with perfume.

Makes you sick.

I love perfume, but too much of it is nauseating. Cologne and Body spray the same way. Some of it smells nice, but too much is deadly.

Axe really makes me nauseated. (sry gaise)

Ouch!
02-11-2008, 05:13 AM
Does Old Spice Classic Scent deodorant (and body wash) count?

rubah
02-11-2008, 05:13 AM
I have never worn cologne and I never shall. I'm too cheap and I never saw the point. I don't think it makes anybody more appealing, but that's me. Maybe I like all natural?! Although I do think it's funny men refused to wear perfume so a marketing genius just renamed it and put it in a manlier box. I wish they'd rename the purse to something like "Violent Bag KillMAXX+" so it would be socially acceptable for me to carry one.

Didn't you ever hear of a place and a time called Pre-revolutionary france?

Aerith's Knight
02-11-2008, 05:18 AM

I did.. king Louis XIV (or something like that) never took a bath, just doused himself in perfume every day.

Ki Ki
02-11-2008, 06:31 AM
I wear Lacoste Pink. But only a little on my wrists and neck so I don't suffocate Araciel. NOW LOVE ME. I ORDER IT. :kaoangry:

rubah
02-11-2008, 06:32 AM
oh gosh, I wear touch of pink too. It's divine. esp the lotion after shaving your legs ^______^

Ki Ki
02-11-2008, 06:36 AM
Great minds smell alike! I didn't even know there was a lotion! I'll probably go look for it now. :excited:

Strawberry_Mew
02-11-2008, 06:40 AM
The Perfume thing yes XP At Homecoming Pep Chapel aka its alonger version of a Pep Rally like 2 hours...lots of old ppl come and damn u have those old lady perfumes strong and mixed 2-gether...aeii it sux

rubah
02-11-2008, 06:41 AM
my boyfriend (and his parents I guessxD) got me huge set of the stuff for christmas before last. I think I'm getting down to 1/3 of the lotion left, but there's barely a dent into the perfume xD

LunarWeaver
02-11-2008, 06:47 AM
I wish they'd rename the purse to something like "Violent Bag KillMAXX+" so it would be socially acceptable for me to carry one.

They're called 'laptop carrier bags'

Why must I be so sheltered and know nothing! ;_;

C'mon, old days France doesn't count for anything. If you're wearing a big curly wig with powder in it then I must disregard you with a 'pshaw!' and a wave of my hand.

Why are you all reading the stupid things I say anyway. What kind of world is this becoming!!

Ki Ki
02-11-2008, 06:48 AM
I think if I had the lotion it would be the same for me! I've had this perfume for over 2 years now. :chef:

Old Man
02-11-2008, 09:22 PM
Does Old Spice Classic Scent deodorant (and body wash) count?

A timeless Classic.......... just a little

Zeldy
02-12-2008, 12:25 AM
Apparently I always smell of makeup. It's just what I've been told!

I have 3 perfumes that I wear alot (and I geuss I do use too much), Paris Hilton 'Just Me' and the 2 different Barbie perfumes xD

My hair just smells, well, burnt. That's GHDs for you ;[

Aerith's Knight
02-12-2008, 12:30 AM
"do you carry chanel #666"

a cookie for anyone who gets that quote

Araciel
02-12-2008, 12:33 AM
I get it, can I have a cookie?

Aerith's Knight
02-12-2008, 12:35 AM
*gives cookie to Araciel*

dont eat it all at once :)

Fonzie
02-12-2008, 12:38 AM
I wear cologne pretty much every day, but it's not really strong at all.

fire_of_avalon
02-12-2008, 12:50 AM
I wear a little bit of all kinds of stuff. I like natural smells. Honeysuckle ftw.