PDA

View Full Version : NAT Type on PS3

TyphoonThaReapa
02-10-2008, 06:08 PM
Alright, my PS3's internet connection keeps getting a NAT Type 3 setting which restricts chats and communication features. So, I've been trying my best to get it to NAT Type 1 or 2.

Part of the problem lies with my router which is a Netgear Wireless Gateway. But no matter how I connect the internet from the Netgear Wireless Gateway to my PS3, I will always get a NAT Type 3.

I know it can work if I get an original Ethernet Connector from my cable company, but that cost money the I probably would need for other things. So, I'm going to need help in finding a way to get NAT Type 1 or 2 on my PS3 with the resources I have.

XxSephirothxX
02-10-2008, 07:39 PM
Netgear routers are notoriously troublesome when it comes to NAT settings. You can try looking up what ports the PS3 uses and forwarding them on your router, but beyond that I'm not sure what you can do.

TyphoonThaReapa
02-10-2008, 07:47 PM
Well, right now, I'm using the Wireless feature for my PS3. But even if I connect the PS3 to the NetGear router by wire, which I've already have, it still would get the Type 3 NAT. Do I need to meet certain conditions to get a certain NAt Type? If so, and if you know them, telling me would be a big help.