PDA

View Full Version : World War Z

IronOcean
02-11-2008, 02:55 AM
I have read this book by Max Brooks about three times in the 7 -8 months it has been out and have loved it completly. Through a bidding war between Leo Dicraprio and Brad Pitt's production companies there will be a movie soon.

i personally think that making it a 8 ep season on lets say HBO or something like that woul dbe able to get the whole story across better.

Has anyone read this book? I would like to know your thoughts and iof anyone has any info on the movie (i cant find any) i would love to hear it.

Araciel
02-11-2008, 04:18 AM
I like Max Brooks' books, honestly I do. I like his matter of fact take on the whole outbreak thing, and how his world works, and how his zombies work. WWZ is a great book.

He should, however, fire his editor.

It's funny when I say it, but I find it hard to take his books SERIOUSLY when there are so many obvious typing errors.

That being said, the content is there and I agree, especially the way in which the book is written, it would make a great series, but a lot of books should be made into serial format rather than even a trilogy of films, due to the loss of content that they all suffer from.

The problem is that it's a different medium and things always change in the transition, some for the better, but people always focus on the negative.

Dolentrean
02-11-2008, 05:28 AM
I saw this book at a book store about a few months ago, i read the back and though it looked cool. i may pick it up once i finish the book I am reading right now.

IronOcean
02-12-2008, 05:50 AM
I want everyone to read this book you will instently hooked it is a great story but it takes place in a world where this has actually happened and his preceding book "The zombie survival guide" takes place where alot of these things have happened and will happen. If anyone does read this book IM me i would love to talk about this book.

Heath
02-12-2008, 08:00 PM
I've read a fair bit about World War Z and The Zombie Survival Guide and I've been really interested in them. I found them both to be really novel and thought-provoking (as far as zombies go) ideas. I've got plenty of read at the moment, but they're definitely both on my list to read eventually.

IronOcean
02-13-2008, 05:40 AM
they are old school zombies in this book just a total take over and what each nation does to stop them. It is reall interesting because i think he gets america spot on. we are dumb lol. but he makes it a reality not something that could happen it is a diffrent world and you have to put yoursself in that world.

Dolentrean
02-13-2008, 06:03 AM
I have read the zombie survival guide. I have been very into zombies sence I was little and used to think of how to survive a zombie attack, In classes when I wasnt doing my work me and my friends would have arguments and discussions over the most efficient ways to survive and hunt zombies.

Now I am in collage and me and my friends have thought of excape plans and meeting locations and whatnot in case of a zombie attack :bigsmile:

Araciel
02-13-2008, 07:25 AM
My friends and I have discussed the breakdown of modern society, and how we would become a community of survivors somehow...it's always so interesting for some reason :S

IronOcean
02-14-2008, 06:24 AM
Ya we all read this book at work and even bought the book on tape and listen to it while we cook (im a chef) i swear we have been talkign about best weapons and best places to hold up for months. but no one would survive that mess :D

Araciel
02-14-2008, 07:57 AM
For all my speculation and apparent readiness in my ideas, I'd probably end up getting eaten in a very simple and embarrassing way :rolleyes2

Madame Adequate
02-14-2008, 07:27 PM
Max Brooks is one of the best writers currently around. I love World War Z, it's amazing.

Araciel: I've not personally noticed errors in either of his books?

Araciel
02-14-2008, 07:30 PM
/gets his copy of WWZ out..

I will seriously get back to you xD