PDA

View Full Version : Zack and Wiki

Shoeberto
02-11-2008, 04:26 AM
So I decided after the week full of stuff I had, I'd spoil myself at the end with a new game. Originally I was aiming for No More Heroes, but after seeing that Zack and Wiki is now $30 at most retailers, I figured I'd throw down my bones for it. I've been very pleased.

I haven't had a whole lot of time to play it yet, but what I have played has been very, very fun. The puzzles are creative and have a mixture of cuteness and good humor that makes them engaging. The whole thing makes me think of what would happen if you gave The Secret of Monkey Island and Zelda: Wind Waker a little bit of alone time to get it on.

So if you're wanting a Wii game, buy Zack and Wiki. There's not much of an excuse to not get it - it's a quality title that'll only set you back 30 bones. Not getting this if you have a Wii would be like not getting Katamari Damacy if you have a PS2. It's just bad mojo.

Ichimonji
02-11-2008, 10:20 AM
Zack and Wiki is pretty awesome. It has a lot of clever think-outside-the-box type puzzles, and it's really fun. However late in the game I find the puzzles get ridiculous and convoluted, but it's still worth the money.

JKTrix
02-11-2008, 01:20 PM
Zack & Wiki
Z&W
Zelda & Warioware

That's kind of how this game is. It has the adventure styles of Zelda with the need to solve puzzles to progress, and the way you solve the puzzles are like little WarioWare games. I can't believe I only mentioned this game once (http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-gaming-discussion/113514-super-mario-galaxy-opinions.html#post2391753) here. Maybe because I got so mad at it sometimes for being so EEEEEEEVIL. But yeah, one of the best 3rd party games on the Wii. I would recommend it before No More Heroes, especially if the price is lower.

It's weird, because it looks very much like a kid's game. And I suppose it could be played *with* a kid, since it has a '2P helper pointer' kind of like in Mario Galaxy. But once you start getting into it, it's EEEEVILLLLL. Not just the difficulty of the puzzles, which is pretty ridiculous in many cases, but often *how* you die when you make a mistake is pretty harsh.

Still, it does some pretty darn cool things with the remote. My favourite uses so far are one where you play it like a flute, and one where you control/ride a robot. So it's very fun, but be prepared to face EEEEEEVILLLLL. I have a love/hate relationship with this game.

Shoeberto
02-13-2008, 04:38 AM
The fact that this thread has only gotten two replies saddens me because it most likely means no one cares about this game.

It's an amazing and important game for a lot of reasons, though. Mainly in that it's a third-party title that's not a shovelware collection of minigames. Or a collection of minigames at all.

Totally dig the whole music-playing thing though once I realized it's old Capcom tunes. The Ghosts and Goblins theme was a nice touch.

Roto13
02-13-2008, 01:44 PM
I definitely plan on getting this game eventually. I'm pretty fed up with the lack of No More Heroes in my area so I may pick this game up pretty soon.

JKTrix
03-05-2008, 02:38 PM
You can play a demo of one of the simpler puzzles here:
Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure (http://ms2.nintendo-europe.com/zackwiki/enGB/index.html)

Click on 'Gameplay' at the top, then I'd suggest looking at the level walkthrough to get an idea of how to go about solving the puzzle. Then, play the Demo level!

Good luck.

KentaRawr!
03-05-2008, 04:36 PM
I'll think about getting this game in the future. I've heard good things.

JKTrix
03-26-2008, 06:21 PM
The Escapist : Zero Punctuation: Zack & Wiki (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/zeropunctuation/3059-Zero-Punctuation-Zack-Wiki)