PDA

View Full Version : Do you think...

Spawn of Sephiroth
02-11-2008, 06:26 PM
Well, most of my life I have been inspired by Mahatma Gandhi. Everyone has heard and studied his legendary life. So, basically, my question is do you think if Mahatma Gandhi was alive in our era, do you think his efforts could help out today like they did when he was alive?

Rianoa
02-11-2008, 06:37 PM
here's a point i dont think

Dolentrean
02-11-2008, 06:41 PM
Sure he could have. A person with an idea is a very powerful thing, a person who is willing to stand up and support his idea is even more powerful. He was a man with a vision of how the world should be and I personlly think that will always have power, be it now or in a hundered years.

Someone may have put a stop to him, or taken more offence to what he said, but he was still talking. It my have less effect or more effect, that is something we can't know, but when there is courage and true belife backing an idea... well that my friend is a powerful thing.

rubah
02-11-2008, 09:44 PM
well, I dunno. Black people would probably still be being swept off streets with fire hoses and paying poll taxes in america (mlkj got his civil disobedience from gandhi, didn't he?), and the women's lib movement probalby would've never started if the civil rights movement didn't. There wouldn't be any hippies or vietnam protestors, but there would be an internet. (but it would still be college based and you'd probably have to pay a subscription surcharge on top of ISP connections to go to different universities' sites that or it would've been laugh-out-loud@cats ever since 1994 since people just act on impulse and immaturely when there's no need for revolution. (see the roaring twenties?:D))

People would've had an extra century to become set in their ways but with no massive upshot in communication.

makes me think it's a good thing he got his message in when he did.

(note, all of the above is pure uneducated speculation and bound to being very wrong.)

Faded Tears
02-13-2008, 03:11 AM
I definitely think it would make an impact for some.
But it would also deem that humans became more corrupt. So although it would definitely suffice for some, for the majority I don't think they would care.

And opinions are so scattered some would even object to his teachings and find them 'controversial.'