PDA

View Full Version : I GOT IN!!!!!!

NeoTifa
02-11-2008, 09:32 PM
and im not talking about your mom either :p

I got into Norwich University!!!! <3 And into the Corps of Cadets!!!! And a $32,000 scholarship!!!!! GO ME!!!!! They also sent a spiffy t-shirt :hat:

Just waiting for my acceptance letter from Wright State. You know, for Engrish extra credit.

So, have you received multiple acceptance letters?

rubah
02-11-2008, 09:33 PM
No, I only applied at one university.

Aerith's Knight
02-11-2008, 09:38 PM
I could get into any university i wanted back in the netherlands.. but thats a different school system together with a shortage on technical students.

but congrats!! for 32.000 dollar you could study for about 10 years in the netherlands you know :)(not including the 20.000 dollar you would receive in those ten years for actually going to college :p)

but go you!!! im so proud of you ^__^ *ruffles hair*

Ouch!
02-11-2008, 09:40 PM
I applied to the University of Miami early decision. I procrastinated sending in other applications. I got accepted to the U in December. Since I was bound to go to the U, there was no reason to do any more applications.

Polaris
02-11-2008, 09:40 PM
I only applied for one facultu and I got in :s

Tavrobel
02-11-2008, 09:42 PM
Same situation as with Ouch!, except that I applied to Maryland.

Strawberry_Mew
02-11-2008, 09:44 PM
Congrads NeoTifa! -claps- :3 :choc2:

Dolentrean
02-11-2008, 09:47 PM
Good for you.

I only applied to the University I go to know, got in with a tuition waver too.

o_O
02-11-2008, 10:07 PM
I also only applied to the University of Auckland. Universities are fairly sparse in New Zealand, so attending another would've meant moving far away. :p

qwertysaur
02-11-2008, 10:10 PM
I applied to a bunch of SUNY schools last year. Got accepted to all of them, but I only cared about Binghamton, Oneonta and ESF. I go to ESF now.:p

Miriel
02-11-2008, 10:14 PM
I got into USC and UCLA but then I got rejected from schools like UCSB and UCSD.

Bizarre!

USC was always my #1 choice, so it didn't matter that I got rejected from my "safety" schools... even though it really pissed me off. :p

Rye
02-11-2008, 10:16 PM
Congrats!

I had my heart set on NYU for years and years, but being that it's one of the hardest schools to get into in the country, I didn't get in, and it broke my heart, but whatever. I'm over it.

I've been accepted to SUNY Fredonia, which I'm not interested in anymore because it's so hardcore upstate, and University of Rhode Island, so far.

I really love URI. It's my second choice. If I go there, I could get a really big scholarship because I admit that I am over-qualified for it academically, but it's still a great school. It's my second choice. It's supposed to be beautiful there, as well.

My current first choice is Boston University. I'm auditioning there in two weeks! I'm auditioning to URI in two weeks as well, but since I'm accepted there already, I don't really feel nervous about it, it's more of a visit to me. I adore Boston University, but since I also love URI, I won't feel too sad if I don't get in.

Wish me luck~

Madame Adequate
02-11-2008, 10:18 PM
I applied to two places and got into two places.

I went with the wrong place. :( It'll do though. I'll be moving on up for my Master's.

Captain Maxx Power
02-11-2008, 10:23 PM
Are you going to hang out with Alan Partridge?

When I applied for University the second time around I got acceptance replies from all four of the Universities I applied to. :cool:

XxSephirothxX
02-11-2008, 10:25 PM
I applied to the University of Miami Georgia early decision. I procrastinated sending in other applications. I got accepted to the U in December. Since I was bound to go to the U, there was no reason to do any more applications.

I Took the Red Pill
02-11-2008, 10:58 PM
So far I've only been accepted to Rensselaer (RPI), and they were impressed by the app enough to "pre-accept" me to their graduate school should I decide to go there. Of the 6 places I applied to however, it would be my 5th choice.

Shauna
02-11-2008, 10:58 PM
I got acceptances from the three unis I applied to. Now I've just got to PICK which uni I go to. :(

Jess
02-11-2008, 11:23 PM
I haven't applied for any Universities. :}

In 2006 I applied for the college of my choice, and got accepted, but because it wasn't the closest college to me the people who lived closer had priority for subjects and I had to change my subjects to go there (I wanted to do Psychology, Law, English and Art, and they asked me to change to Art, Maths, Statistics and English... no thank you, as Law and Psychology were the subjects I wanted to sttudy the most). So I didn't go there. I went to a different college, didn't like it and left. I'm now at a different college~

Zeldy
02-12-2008, 12:04 AM
*isnt up to Uni level*

I'm really hoping I get the grades needed for Winstanley College in Wigan. It's the best college in the Northwest and the 5th best in the country. I had my interview there and they've accepted me as long as I get at least 52 points in my GCSEs (it goes by a point system) then I have a place. Winstanley is so far away from me though xD I have an interview at Carmel College which is still a really good college and is much much closer to me; It's the best in St Helens, my borough. I've also applied for Rainford Sixth form (it's my school's sixth form section) but they don't do Photography. I want to take Media studies, English Lit, Psychology and Photography.

When I get to University, I want to go to a Uni in Manchester.

escobert
02-12-2008, 12:05 AM
and im not talking about your mom either :p

I got into Norwich University!!!! <3 And into the Corps of Cadets!!!! And a $32,000 scholarship!!!!! GO ME!!!!! They also sent a spiffy t-shirt :hat:

Just waiting for my acceptance letter from Wright State. You know, for Engrish extra credit.

So, have you received multiple acceptance letters?

As is Norwich University Vermont? Several of my cousins go there.

Chemical
02-12-2008, 04:41 AM
Congrats

I've been accepted for a BScn in Nursing;
though i'm holding out for Paramedic

The Summoner of Leviathan
02-12-2008, 05:06 AM
Congratulations!

I applied to McGill, separately to the Faculty of Arts and the Faculty of Science (did not know they had a BA&Sc programme) and StFX (Arts). Got accepted to all three faculties. Both universities offered 3000$ scholarships for yearly renewal. Sadly, me being the lazy idiot I am, did not keep up my GPA and promptly lost it. :/

Oh, I had decided on McGill. Third out of four years there. Also most done. Most likely, if I can bring up my GPA, going to apply to McGill for grad school.

Shlup
02-12-2008, 05:45 AM
When I was in high school I applied to my first choice college and got in.

Go community college!

Rianoa
02-12-2008, 06:52 PM
go u awsomness

Peegee
02-12-2008, 07:05 PM
Congrats

I've been accepted for a BScn in Nursing;
though i'm holding out for Paramedic

I have some friends in nursing. While I admire what they do, I hope you get into Paramedics. You're definitely intelligent enough to succeed.

--

Congrats to NeoTifa. I had no idea you were that young :D

Have lots of fun in college. I've always seen post secondary as a 4 year party that gives you a piece of paper afterwards. But then again my major was some liberal arts nonsense and nothing 'practical' xD

(I'm not ragging on liberal arts majors)

Rye
02-12-2008, 08:38 PM
I got another acceptance to a college not too far away. It's pretty easy to get into (you basically just need to have a B to get in xD), but I got accepted into the Honors program there, and have been given a $12,000 dollar academic scholarship (I'm eligible for a music one as well), so I guess I'm pretty proud. xD

Quindiana Jones
02-12-2008, 08:47 PM
So far, the opening words of every interview I've ever had have been "Well, Arthur. You're definitely in....". It's awesome.

Rye
02-12-2008, 08:50 PM
Oooh, where are you interested in going? LET'S ALL GO TO COLLEGE TOGETHER. :kaoclove:

Shiny
02-12-2008, 09:04 PM
I applied to 6 and haven't heard back from any yet. I applied to most of them a couple days before the regular/priority decision deadline. It caused alot of stress, but stress is really the only thing that motivates me to want to work. I do know that after this whole college business is done, I don't not EVER want to see another goddamn common app form, fafsa form, or college brochure again.

Quindiana Jones
02-12-2008, 09:10 PM
Oooh, where are you interested in going? LET'S ALL GO TO COLLEGE TOGETHER. :kaoclove:

Did you fail geography? :choc:

Blue Harvest
02-12-2008, 10:21 PM
I applied for college a few years ago but I was way too late so the courses I wanted were full. Never bothered applying again. I ventured out into the mythical 'real world' instead.

NeoTifa
02-13-2008, 05:23 AM
thanks guys!!!!

yes, it is norwich university in vermont, and thats the prob. that = more money for travel, and everybody i know and hate/love is in ohio. my significant other doest want me to go, cuz he doesnt want to leave. im also in the corps of cadets, so ill have to live on campus, which is really burning his biscuts, cuz he wont ever get to see me, and there would be no use for him to pay for an appt up there and live if he never sees me. his only argument is.... for me to marry him this summer so i can live off campus. to me, this is a load of bull and i dont wanna go for it. the only other option is to break up :eek:

and what age did you think i was pg? 35? :pi just turned 18. and i bet i didnt even get a thread either :mad:

Aerith's Knight
02-13-2008, 02:38 PM
cmon psh.. like marrying is the only option.. although long-distance relationships dont usually work out.. he shouldve at least tried

Burtsplurt
02-13-2008, 04:23 PM
Well done!

I got accepted for all but one of the universities I applied to. For some reason, Swansea wanted to interview me. It was quite far away and I didn't want to go, so I said 'no'.

I didn't apply for particularly difficult universities, though. St Andrews wanted 3 Bs, but when I went for an open day I found it was full of prats.

James Leopold
02-13-2008, 04:55 PM
When I'm finally old enough to apply for University, my main priority would be Cardiff. Others would probably be Bristol, Swansea or Exeter.

NeoTifa
02-13-2008, 07:44 PM
he says its alost long distance already because were lucky to see eachother once a week. tis not my fault. (iwashopinghewouldbreakupwithmesoicangooutwithspencerbuthestoogreedyandwontletthathappen!!!! D=<)

KoShiatar
02-13-2008, 07:52 PM
In Italy some universitary faculties don't require you to apply, and if you're late or you want to change, you can before February. So when I attended my first lesson at University, I hadn't yet even applied. Almost ten years have gone by now and I feel really nostalgic. :) I didn't trust my student skills much back then, and I didn't even think I'd be really able to graduate (a lot of students used to drop from University).

~*~Celes~*~
02-13-2008, 08:53 PM
Got accepted at Bowling Green State University almost right away =] The only one I applied to too, 'cause that's where I've always wanted to go and it's close enough that I can commute (though it's still a fairly long drive...about an hour of a drive)

Montoya
02-17-2008, 08:32 AM
I got accepted into a community college, yay.