PDA

View Full Version : Midgar tunnel?

PresidentSEARS
02-12-2008, 04:14 PM
So I was thinking; I've never really been able to find anything about this, so I thought someone might be able to shed a little light on the situation:

In Midgar as you're heading out on the second mission after joining Avalanche you're on the train right?
You jump off the train and head up the tunnel toward the reactor; which is how you progress.
If you head back down the tunnel you run into a heavily guarded entrance, I've never been able to find anything on it though. What is it?

Elly
02-12-2008, 04:30 PM
i'm guessing they were put there to ambush Avalanche as they got off the train, assuming they made it off of the train... President Shinra did know of the plans to attack the 'Sector 5 Reactor' and was waiting in ambush at the reactor itself, so maybe he posted several ambush squads along the train route in case they evaded capture and make it off the train, sort of a contingency plan... blowing up the reactor and Avalanche with it was probably his PlanB, as destroying the pillar was prolly PlanC, with each failure to capture or destroy Avalanche he would make the next attempt even more exreme...

Aerith's Knight
02-12-2008, 04:36 PM
or just a door to stop people from coming to the reactor

Roogle
02-12-2008, 04:41 PM
If you head back down the tunnel you run into a heavily guarded entrance, I've never been able to find anything on it though. What is it?

I think I know what you are referring to. I think that this was created mainly for gameplay reasons to block the player from progressing in the opposite direction any further; however, the developers may have wished to give that notion of freedom and make the player feel like Midgar was a large, explorable city.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
02-12-2008, 06:42 PM
what your quesiton really should be is how safe it is having soldiers on train tracks! :D

Big D
02-12-2008, 10:35 PM

I think I know what you are referring to. I think that this was created mainly for gameplay reasons to block the player from progressing in the opposite direction any further; however, the developers may have wished to give that notion of freedom and make the player feel like Midgar was a large, explorable city.That's what I was thinking, too. It's also a handy spot for players who feel like they need to gain a few levels quickly.

Project G
02-13-2008, 09:43 AM
I loved that place! I would train for hours in that place

Elly
02-13-2008, 01:36 PM
yes for gaming reasons it was to make Midgar look bigger and keep you from going farther down the track, but for story reasons it was an ambush... good place to lvl but by the time i reach that point cloud is normaly around lvl18-20 anyway due to lvling in the Train Graveyard trying to steal the Striking Staff for Aerith from Eligor...