PDA

View Full Version : Directions in Which Your Body Should Not Rotate

rubah
02-13-2008, 05:19 AM
When I was younger, I was prone to falling out of chairs. Backwards. I have kept up this habit to my present day.

The dining room chairs were excusable, they were very light made out of vinyl and metal poles. The band room chairs also, being plastic with a low back.

The recliner in the den proved a little more embarassing, being made for the purpose of reclining back a long distance, and being so much bigger.

I can't remember for sure, but I'm pretty positive I've fallen out of at least one of the chairs in my dorm room; if not, I'm confident I will do so at some point in the future tbs.

Also, this one was pretty amazing at the time; I was at my grandparent's house on my bike (I don't know why I had it there), trying to go up a little steep hill. Except my forward momentum did not counteract my acceleration due to gravity, and my head painfully hit asphalt. I was not previously aware that you could flip backwards on a bike, but I sure was wrong.

On one hand, I hope that my flipping days are done, fast approaching the age of fragility and arthritis as I am, but the other hand maintains that it's kinda fun, the excitement of 'holy crap no more balance' and 'lol what a dumdum', so I am undecided on that.

Strawberry_Mew
02-13-2008, 05:23 AM
I went forward on a scooter when I wuz going down hill...ouch did it hurt.

NeoCracker
02-13-2008, 05:23 AM
Now, in this thread do we

A) Talk about our Clumsiness
B) Talk about Falling Backwards out of chairs specifically
C) Mock and belittle you
D) All of the above are legit Topics

Shiny
02-13-2008, 05:26 AM
One time I did a -360. Take that Ruby Pencil!

fire_of_avalon
02-13-2008, 05:27 AM
It's cause you're a tall freak of nature. Shorties like me have a better center of gravity because we're proportioned like decent people ought to tbe.

Strawberry_Mew
02-13-2008, 05:28 AM
One time I did a -360. Take that Ruby Pencil!

Ouch Shiny :cry: that must of hurt

rubah
02-13-2008, 05:55 AM
It's cause you're a tall freak of nature. Shorties like me have a better center of gravity because we're proportioned like decent people ought to tbe.

yeah but tallies like me are proportioned like AMAZON GODDESSES ought to be.

crackahon, they're all legit apparently, but I'd like to hear about falling backwards out of chairs especially, if anyone has done that.

going back to paragraph one, I noticed today how really really short a lot of girls are at my campus. I've never really felt ostracized for my height, but they're so TINY. like bugs I could squash.

NeoCracker
02-13-2008, 06:08 AM
Well, since C is legit, hahahaha, you're a clumsy dufus! :P

But I do things that are more stupid then clumsy. Like walking headfirst into a water drip in front of an old class room.

I was staring directly at it, telling myself I was going to avoid it. Yet I just kept walking straight.

Dolentrean
02-13-2008, 06:10 AM
I recently fell off the University Union... that is the building i can get food at or get information and whatnot.

I also fell out of about 20 different chairs durring my 8th grade year.

Roogle
02-13-2008, 06:12 AM
I have a similar problem with chairs, but it largely depends on the type of chair rather than the entirety of all chairs.

It is common for me to trip while walking over my own feet because of their size.

Because of the size of my shoes, too, I tend to trip over some obvious things because my shoes will connect with it and cause me lose balance temporarily. Fortunately, I am agile enough to avoid falling over completely, but it still makes you look bad when you stumble!

rubah
02-13-2008, 06:21 AM
I don't know how boys manage school room desks. It's bad enough for me.

Vermachtnis
02-13-2008, 06:26 AM
I fallen out of chairs. The best was when I was laughing at someone who did something stupid, but not as stupid as falling backwards out of my chair.

Faded Tears
02-13-2008, 07:38 AM
I fall outside every single winter. Some winters just once, others a few.
I've fallen on the steps, in snow banks, on the sidewalk and parking lots. In addition, I've been stuck in the snow twice (up to my knee).

My left knee has a :skull::skull::skull::skull: load of scars.

My balance sucks and I've come to live with that. (I have no idea if this qualified as being on topic)

Strawberry_Mew
02-13-2008, 07:41 AM
My Balance has gotten better with ice..I use to sux now kinda okay..haven't fallen...yet

Araciel
02-13-2008, 08:06 AM
I can't think of a single occasion that clumsiness has made me tumble at all, though I did have a traumatizing incident involving blackouts, falling, and glass.

Aerith's Knight
02-13-2008, 02:46 PM
i fall out of chairs alot.. and not all my fault xD

a girl in college thinks its fun to pull my chair away everytime i get up xP

very gracefull i of course then say: "ooowww.. my ass hurts"

elegant, no?

Rye
02-13-2008, 05:26 PM
I'm really short, but I'm falling down all the time. I've fallen down trying to get up from chairs and beds. All sorts of things. xD

Madame Adequate
02-13-2008, 05:52 PM
I have great balance and even better recovery skills. I've not fallen over in over a year :jess:

KoShiatar
02-13-2008, 07:47 PM
I am so clumsy when I'm going up or down the stairs and I trip so easily that by now I don't even fall anymore. People see me tripping and go "Ehi, are you all right?!!", but I've usually already recovered.

Roogle
02-13-2008, 07:49 PM

I was never uncomfortable in desks after a certain point because in my school district, in Missouri, they bought a different type of desk that is more similar to a small table. If I recall correctly, the private school that I had to attend in my grade school years had an analogous type of desk, too.

NeoTifa
02-13-2008, 08:04 PM
i have excellent balance! but, i trip over my feet alot lol

Quindiana Jones
02-13-2008, 08:27 PM
I gave myself concussion by throwing myself backwards off a chair.

stalpho slayer
02-13-2008, 09:44 PM
Now, in this thread do we

A) Talk about our Clumsiness
B) Talk about Falling Backwards out of chairs specifically
C) Mock and belittle you
D) All of the above are legit Topics

:D you seem really smart :rolleyes2

Blue Harvest
02-13-2008, 09:54 PM
I once fell out of a top bunk right onto my head. Explains a lot don't it?

rubah
02-13-2008, 10:55 PM

I was never uncomfortable in desks after a certain point because in my school district, in Missouri, they bought a different type of desk that is more similar to a small table. If I recall correctly, the private school that I had to attend in my grade school years had an analogous type of desk, too.

alas, most of the desks I'm faced with are the kind that have more area between the legs holding you up than area on the desk holding your books and papers up.

Aerith's Knight
02-13-2008, 10:59 PM
I could just put my legs under the chair of the person in front of me :p

Strawberry_Mew
02-14-2008, 06:18 AM
I also come close to falling when I am perfectly still...its weird XD

edczxcvbnm
02-14-2008, 07:33 AM
I can't remember the last time I actually fell out of a chair O_o If I lose balance(ice as an example) then I usually maintain and catch myself before anything bad happens. I love to use ice and slush and stuff to glide along and I love leaning in chairs and what have you. I guess due to that and my quick movement that I have developed a good measure of balance.

I am probably one of the only people who you would see dart around through people, under rails, over rails, spinning and sliding in business clothing down town on a day to day basis XD

Loony BoB
02-14-2008, 09:50 AM
The thread title reminds me of Mr. Tickle.

going back to paragraph one, I noticed today how really really short a lot of girls are at my campus. I've never really felt ostracized for my height, but they're so TINY. like bugs I could squash.
However, this reminds me of Calvin.

NeoCracker
02-14-2008, 10:25 PM
After reading this thread, I have determined that Men have better balance then girls, and have formed "The Pyramid Theory" to reveal why.

Look at how the Egyptians built the Pyramids. The bottoms were a heavy part. Why? If they built them the otherway, they would fall.

Now look at men. They, like the Pyramids, are Bottom Heavy. Therefore they maintain stability.

Women, however, are top heavy, and thus maintain an unstable and unbalanced form.

Araciel
02-14-2008, 10:30 PM
Maybe you're bottom heavy...my body shape is pretty even.

NeoCracker
02-14-2008, 10:34 PM

Okay, I didn't think I'd have to explain this.

We men have a thing called a Penis, and females don't.

Women have bobbies, which men don't have.

The penis is located at your lower half, while Boobies are located at the top.

Meaning a mans extra baggage is located at the bottom, while a womens is more towards the top.

That sound better?

Araciel
02-14-2008, 10:44 PM
Lawl what kind of people do you hang out with? my junk, impressive as it is, couldn't possibly weigh more than a pound or two at the best of times

and boobs, while heavy, don't often get too crazily out of proportion either.

NeoCracker
02-14-2008, 10:46 PM
Even a small bit shifted weight can make a difference.

And damn you for trying to discredit my theory.

Araciel
02-14-2008, 10:53 PM
how about we test your theory later ;)

NeoCracker
02-14-2008, 10:55 PM
How are we suppose to test it later?

I guess I could wear a big pair of rubber boobs and walk around.

I think that might help to deterimine the truth.

Araciel
02-14-2008, 11:02 PM
That would make my valentine's wishes come true.

rubah
02-15-2008, 01:00 AM
um, little girls definitely don't have breasts, so your theory = out the window 8) Like I said, life-long persuit.

btw I have pretty good balance. That's why I'm always sitting on chairs offbalanced where I can fall 8)
(I grew up playing on a bluff edge and never fell off, so I must have some sort of balance ;D)

Baloki
02-15-2008, 02:02 AM
I am so clumsy I am a danger to myself and those around me, I regularly fall down the stairs in my house and have learnt how best to take the last couple of bumps to reduce brusing, at work I'm even worse. I'm also banned from wearing a watch because they end up smashed after about 5 mins of normal wear...

Montoya
02-17-2008, 08:55 AM
I once slipped and fell on the side of a swimming pool and hit the back of my head. I went from genius to just smart, never did homework after that.

stalpho slayer
02-20-2008, 10:48 PM

Okay, I didn't think I'd have to explain this.

We men have a thing called a Penis, and females don't.

Women have bobbies, which men don't have.

The penis is located at your lower half, while Boobies are located at the top.

Meaning a mans extra baggage is located at the bottom, while a womens is more towards the top.

That sound better?

ladies and gentlemen the horny college boy :D