PDA

View Full Version : My Carpentroholic Neighbour

Rantz
02-13-2008, 09:45 PM
Hi, my name is Pontus and my neighbour is a carpentroholic.

In the apartment directly below mine lives a person who I fear and admire. He seems to spend most of his time in his apartment, sawing, drilling, pounding nails, you name it. He's actually sawing at something right now. It's 10:30pm for crying out loud! You're in an apartment! You're not supposed to be doing that!

Now, I don't exactly mind, as long as he's not doing it while I'm trying to sleep. But this kind of behaviour raises questions. Is he addicted to carpentry? Is he building a fort? Is he trying to make a hole in my floor because he's heard of my fantastic nose-waggling abilities and wants to see them for himself?

Do you have any weird/special/fabulous neighbours? What is your relation to them?

Old Manus
02-13-2008, 09:52 PM
My neighbour derives pleasure from burning leaves in his garden whenever there is a heatwave and everyone in windshot is having a barbeque.

His name is Dick, and he certainly is.

Sergeant Hartman
02-13-2008, 09:58 PM
My neighbours are some Romanian people, who like to throw sponges and old brooms in my garden.

Marshall Banana
02-13-2008, 10:04 PM
One of my neighbors practices his aim in his yard; usually he fires a small gun, but he fired a rifle some days ago. Other people who live on my road hunt animals in the woods behind my house.

Also, most of them don't hesitate to shoot or run over a stray animal or wandering pet.

Zeldy
02-13-2008, 10:18 PM
My neighbour was sick of squirrels so set out traps, caught loads of them and took them to a park a few miles away. It's a good thing really, I just miss seeing squirrels :(

My relation to one neighbour is that if their bin is out, we'll push it into their drive for them. They do the same for us. They looked after my pet rabbit a few years ago too when we went on holiday, they collected our mail too. The other neighbour? not so much. We had a nosy neighbour across the road too, he'd stop me walking to my bus stop for school and ask me if I wanted a lift; he spoke to me every single time he saw me, same with my brother. I was locked out once and climbed over our gate and in a matter of minutes he was knocking on the front door full of concern if I was alright/getting robbed. It was sweet but freaky, he's moved now xD

o_O
02-13-2008, 10:19 PM
My neighbour likes to smoke right at the edge of his property, fill my house with smoke and flick his butts into my garden and onto my deck.

One day I'm going to wrap up his letterbox in toilet paper.

rubah
02-13-2008, 10:53 PM
avalon (not related to the fire thereof) next door likes to bitch. the later at night the better.

And robyn likes to leave the TV on to go to sleep to. Avalon likes to bitch about that too, although not to robyn's face.

Avalon also likes to listen to contemporary alternative poprock(s) about 9am, that is, on the days that robyn is not running her hairdryer or vacuum.

I have never heard a sound come from the room on the other side. I wonder if to them I seem as loud as Avalon and Robyn do to me.

LunarWeaver
02-13-2008, 10:56 PM
In the tiny place I call home I don't have many neighbors and I really never hear or see them. You come here to live like an isolated circus freak, so we all leave each other alone.

Quindiana Jones
02-13-2008, 11:25 PM
You don't happen to know how to fly a plane do you, Pontus my love?

Anyhoo, no I don't have any super cool neighbours. :(

Aurey
02-13-2008, 11:34 PM
My next door neighbours are wonderful African singers, and had a huge party last winter where they just sang nonstop. It was beautiful. The only problem is that they haven't sang since.

Oh, and the people who live behind me are voyeurs.

Rantz
02-13-2008, 11:37 PM
You don't happen to know how to fly a plane do you, Pontus my love?
I can't know for sure until I've tried!

My other neighbours I don't hear much of, they're mostly old people. At rare times I chat a little with them if we meet in the laundry room.

Shlup
02-14-2008, 03:05 AM
I have fabulous neighbors in my complex! If I don't smell pot that must means the cops are around sleuthing around another domestic dispute.

My neighbors have very loud and very filthy mouths some of them.

rubah
02-14-2008, 04:21 AM
but what language do they shout in?

BardTard
02-14-2008, 04:28 AM
I am the weird/special/fabulous neighbor.

All the neighbors who have lived in the other side of our building (I live in a duplex) like to argue... except Amanda (the one who lives there now) she's married or something and has 2 kids. She's alright. I'm always hearing her talk about poopy though. "You did? Did you go pee pee or poopy?" :lol: and Rosa, who lived next door a while ago, "Do you have to go poopy?" The walls are so thin here.

When we first moved in, the guy living on the other side of us (named Guy) had this hooker girlfriend who was on drugs and he always left his door open and had his head down so my mom would see him and then one time he invited my mom over and she came in and he complained about his girlfriend having sex with other guys for drug money and how she probably has AIDS or something and then asked my mom "wanna go upstairs?" :lol: WTF? He never caused any problems though. Just a whiner who let his girlfriend walk all over him. Our neighbors are ALL weird.

Aerith's Knight
02-14-2008, 04:56 AM
Im the guy that every kid in the neighbourhood loved and therefor had to babysit them all, even though he didnt need the money.

I blame myself.. no no.. i blame BoB.. i always do :)

The Summoner of Leviathan
02-14-2008, 05:01 AM
I hear banging at odd times upstairs, but apparently they were doing renovations in there at the time for the new tenants. In spite of that I still heard banging long beforehand. I swore I heard the old tenants go at it once or twice. x-x;

In the summer, you can hear a flute occasionally playing from the building next door. Possibly it could be from my building and just someone on their deck.

Namelessfengir
02-14-2008, 05:17 AM
We had a nosy neighbour across the road too, he'd stop me walking to my bus stop for school and ask me if I wanted a lift; he spoke to me every single time he saw me, same with my brother.

i think he was going to murder you

most of my neighbors are family and they know enough not to piss me off
but the guys down the hill are pot growers so we have the black helicopters around at least once a month

the family one hill over get real fireworks so we can go park in the field on independence day and watch

Strawberry_Mew
02-14-2008, 06:19 AM
My Parents are interesting neighbour XD they always are Jaming their music really loud XD

Nominus Experse
02-14-2008, 08:11 AM
My neighbors are the latest line of Kens and Barbies.

Araciel
02-14-2008, 08:23 AM
My bedroom shares a very thin wall with that of the girl next door. Generally I can only hear her coughing at times but...when she puts on slow music and starts making odd, mewing noises...well I feel kinda' funny.

oddler
02-14-2008, 09:46 PM
The guy that lives below me comes home at precisely 1 AM every night and puts on the same song every time. I end up bobbing my head or tapping my foot to the bass like Buddum, Buddum. Buddum, Buddum. Dah, Buddum, Buddum. Buddum, Buddum. Dah, Budadada Budadada Budadada Budadada. Badadada Badadada Badadada Badadada. It never gets old rocking out to downstairs guy's nightly jam.

Montoya
02-17-2008, 08:47 AM
Your neighbor is probably on meth.
I don't really have any weird neighbors although their is a family that is only known as the Pily Family. The mom called the ambulance when she tripped in the backyard and the father passed out in his sleep. Plus they all have the same hair cut. :eep: