PDA

View Full Version : Just Walk It Off

Vermachtnis
02-14-2008, 01:09 AM
It takes a lot for me to take medicine. And I mean a whole lot, I could be throwing up my lungs in toilet and yelling in the other room that I'm okay! And I almost never to the hospital. I'd have to loose a limb or something before I'll go.

So how sick or how much pain to have to be before you take something or go to the hospital?

Quindiana Jones
02-14-2008, 01:11 AM
With head injuries I always go to the hospital straight away now. With everything else I tough it up. If it's not really serious, I'll just ignore it.

Ouch!
02-14-2008, 01:16 AM
I've been to the hospital for concussions. My mother took me to the emergency room once because I had a gash on my face which didn't turn out to be such a big deal after all, but I wouldn't have gone if she'd given me any choice in the matter. I also went once because I injured my leg in a soccer game; everyone heard a loud "crack" when I got tripped up and landed funny (where was the bloody red card?!). I couldn't stand on my own, and my leg hurt like hell. Turned out it wasn't broken, but I had to wear a binding full-leg brace for a weak.

I go to a physician if I've got a cold and OTC drugs aren't working. Other than that, I generally avoid the doctor's office.

Bahamut2000X
02-14-2008, 01:17 AM
I typically avoid hospitals and medication like the dickens. I just tough it out usually. The exceptions thus far have been when I get an ear infection as that is just more pain then you can imagine. I've had a temperature over 100 and all sorts of nasty symptoms and I didn't go to the doctor once, got an ear infection going and I was there the next day.

Though I still avoid it if I can just because of abject laziness. Right now I'm sure I hyper extended both of my arms and have maybe a fracture or at least some sort of small foot injury, yet I'm still here at home.

Madame Adequate
02-14-2008, 01:17 AM
The hospital? I don't go unless there's red or I'm so destroyed that I have no choice when someone else makes me go.

I'm going to make a doctor's appointment for soon though. :(

LunarWeaver
02-14-2008, 01:19 AM
I take stuff when some things come up. If I have a bad headache and it won't leave then I pop some tylenol. If Ada Wong shoots me through my window then I go to the emergency room. I never really got what the huge resistance to it all is about.

Vikeve
02-14-2008, 01:20 AM
I've never been at the hospital just simple doctor check ups for me. I fainted once and no one knew why and neither did I and my parents didn't take me and I didn't care either. Except for the excruciating pain that came before I actually fainted I thought it was pretty cool I mean everything was all blurry and once I fainted I could still hear what everyone was saying. So I could hear everyone all like, "omg Hannah!" and I'm thinking to myself that I'm fine even though I couldn't wake up. It was cool.

Aerith's Knight
02-14-2008, 01:22 AM
for non-emergency related things.. Nevah!!

the only time i went was because of an infection.. the doctor couldnt cure it, so i had to go to the hospital.. it looked blue.. it had to go!

The Summoner of Leviathan
02-14-2008, 01:29 AM
I am pretty much like that. I do not take medication unless I have to or if I have a headache but need a clear head to work on something.

I just took my last penicillin pill a few hours ago for an infection though. Now the pain is mostly gone~

Shlup
02-14-2008, 02:56 AM
I take medicine pretty easily, as long as it's a pill. My husband makes me. But if it's a liquid or sucky or chewy medicine, no way. Ever. I would die first.

I mean, there's no point in even trying it if I'm just going to throw it up.

I got to the hospital... rarely. I went when I cut my finger down to the bone, and another time after walking on my broken leg for three days to see if the swelling would go down on its own.

Namelessfengir
02-14-2008, 02:56 AM
i go for what they tell me to go for usually blood work

i broke my wrist and didn't even get it x rayed for about 6 months (i thought it was just a pinched nerve

Bahamut2000X
02-14-2008, 10:43 AM
At my old elementary school, when you went to the nurse it was for a snack, a granola bar and water and your better. Mind you when people came to her for serious reasons it's always fun to see a bunch of 12 year olds shouting "What the hell lady!? GRANOLA BARS!!! I'm bleeding and about to throw up and you hand me GRANOLA BARS!", It wouldn't be funny if it weren't so true.

o_O
02-14-2008, 01:59 PM
I went to hospital when I was a baby and my intestines basically tied themselves in a knot, but I haven't been back since. I don't really like the medical industry. I'd much rather walk it off than stuff a ton of drugs into my body. :p

Clearly if you just finish your game of football before leaving the field due to your sprained ankle, you'll have forgotten it was even sprained in the first place. :p

Strawberry_Mew
02-14-2008, 04:41 PM
When I relize I either have a cold or flu or Allergys I always buy meds at Wal-Mart and if they don't work after a while I go to the doc.

escobert
02-14-2008, 04:43 PM
Broken bones, high fever or a lump on my ball. These three things are the only things to make me go to the hospital. I hate them.

smittenkitten
02-14-2008, 04:51 PM
When I have a throat infections, a possible foot infection and gushing with blood from nosebleeds. :(

Strawberry_Mew
02-14-2008, 05:00 PM
I remember not last year but the V-Day a year before went to the doc and found out I had early sign of Strep Throat what a wonderful day

Monkey4Soul
02-14-2008, 05:57 PM
When I was in 7th grade, I taking a pizza out of the oven. As I was transporting it to the counter, it slipped from my grasp and, woe did it fall to the ground. So I got PO'd and slammed my fist into the kitchen floor. Of course it hurt, but it took three days of convincing my mom that I should have it looked at before we actually went to the clinic. It turns out I broke the last two knuckles in my right hand. I didn't write for a month, which made school different.

In contrast, I once had a fever of 101 for a week straight. The bloodshot eyes, runny nose sneezing, make you want your mommy kind. Never went to the doctor.

For yet more contrast, I tripped over and put my right (!) hand through a window. My mom freaked out and took me to the doctor speeding like a bat outta hell. I only needed 3 stitches. This was in '06.

Speaking of stitches, this one time, in 6th grade, I was walking backwards down the hall and tripped and fell and split the skin on my scalp. 6 stitches, I think.

Jess
02-15-2008, 02:17 PM
I take paracetemol and antihistamines whenever I need it. I rarely go to the doctors (once every 6 months for a check-up for the pill) and if I'm ill I don't go unless I'm sick for weeks. I think I've only ever been to the hospital 3-5 times in my life. :jess:

Montoya
02-17-2008, 09:14 AM
I'm one of those people that hates to take medicine, specially pills. I never really need them. To me, it just seems that the people that have the most problems are the ones that keep taking them.

Blue Harvest
02-17-2008, 12:29 PM
I just take painkillers if I'm in any pain. I steer clear of hospitals unless it's an emergency. Same with dentists. One of these days I'll have to get my broken tooth removed, but for now I'm putting it off as long as possible.

Apollo
02-17-2008, 12:40 PM
I take medication almost everyday because of headaches, back pains, anything of that sort. Granted both my mom and my family doctor are both pill-pushers. :p

with hospitals, i go if like i really need to. like if i o.d or if an anxiety attack gets out of hand, but not over every little thing like some people i know do.