PDA

View Full Version : If you haven't yet...

Rostum
02-15-2008, 05:31 AM
...go buy the soundtracks to Crisis Core and Lost Odyssey. They are amazing. Especially Crisis Core; giving a great twist on the memorable tracks from the original game as well as adding some nice original music.

LunarWeaver
02-15-2008, 08:30 AM
Hmm, I'd forgotten about nabbing CC's! I have LO's and it is rather amazing. I also think it has a fairly distinct feel, opposed to what I read elsewhere. It doesn't seem like he made a FF soundtrack to me, but something more unique for a new franchise. :jess: Uematsu, have my babies.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-15-2008, 09:15 AM
I have both soundtracks, but I'm waiting until I actually play the games before I listen to too much of them. Game music is always most effective when you're aware of its intended context.

Roogle
02-15-2008, 03:07 PM
Can you give me an estimate of how many songs on the Crisis Core soundtrack are remixes or new takes of music from the original Final Fantasy VII?

Rostum
02-15-2008, 10:14 PM
I have both soundtracks, but I'm waiting until I actually play the games before I listen to too much of them. Game music is always most effective when you're aware of its intended context.

See, I usually find that if I listen to a soundtrack a lot before playing the game, it increases it's effect on me while playing the game. That's just me though.

Can you give me an estimate of how many songs on the Crisis Core soundtrack are remixes or new takes of music from the original Final Fantasy VII?

I'll give you a track list of the remixed songs:
- Opening Theme
- Bombing Mission
- Those Who Fight Further
- Those Who Fight
- Aerith's Theme
- Turk's Theme
- Shinra's Theme
- One Winged Angel
- Anxious Heart

I'm pretty sure there's a few more, but without listening to them a bit more I wouldn't be able to list their names. They are quite amazing in my opinion, a far different twist than the original game.