PDA

View Full Version : Smash Bros Brawl Tournaments

ljkkjlcm9
02-15-2008, 03:31 PM
Nintendo World Report - News Article: Nintendo and Best Buy Throw Smash Bros. Brawl Tournament (http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=15289)

Basically, hosted by Best Buy, lots of cool prizes... 4 locations
Feb. 16
Doors open at 3 p.m.
Orpheum Theater
842 S. Broadway
Los Angeles, CA 90014

Feb. 23
Doors open at 2 p.m.
Ten15 Folsom
1015 Folsom St.
San Francisco, CA 94103

March 1
Doors open at 3 p.m.
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Olden Hall
100 Institute Road
Worcester, MA 01609

March 8
Doors open at 5 p.m.
Best Buy (NOHO)
622 Broadway
New York, NY 10012

What gets me, is Worcester is my hometown! But I'm away at school so I can't go... damnit, one of the few times I would want to, and actually be able to.

THE JACKEL

Ultima Shadow
02-15-2008, 05:10 PM
I'd priorize a Brawl tournament waaaaaaaay over anything that has to do with school. But then, that's just me.

DAMN! Why do we sad europeans have to miss out on all the fun? We even have to wait an additional couple of months for this awesome game to come out. ;_;

ljkkjlcm9
02-15-2008, 08:34 PM
I'd prioritize a Brawl tournament waaaaaaaay over anything that has to do with school. But then, that's just me.

DAMN! Why do we sad europeans have to miss out on all the fun? We even have to wait an additional couple of months for this awesome game to come out. ;_;
so, you'd drive 14 hours, spend the money on gas, skip classes, maybe even tests, possibly screwing up your entire semester at school, and then possibly costing you more money to be in school longer, and possibly even making it harder to get a job someday?

I'd enjoy playing in the tournament, if I were home. However it's just dumb to drive all that way, and all the possible problems and setbacks it could cause.

THE JACKEL

Ouch!
02-15-2008, 09:07 PM
I'd prioritize a Brawl tournament waaaaaaaay over anything that has to do with school. But then, that's just me.

so, you'd drive 14 hours, spend the money on gas, skip classes, maybe even tests, possibly screwing up your entire semester at school, and then possibly costing you more money to be in school longer, and possibly even making it harder to get a job someday?

I'd enjoy playing in the tournament, if I were home. However it's just dumb to drive all that way, and all the possible problems and setbacks it could cause.

THE JACKAL
From your post, it sounded more like a fifteen minute drive than a fourteen hour one, especially because you said it would be possible. Given the circumstances, it's obviously not practical and no more possible than if it had been in any other situation. Your fault on that one chief, not his. No need to get snappish.

KentaRawr!
02-15-2008, 11:01 PM
Wish there was one in Ohio.

Masamunemaster
02-20-2008, 04:56 AM
we are going to have one a week after it comes out at Coffeez in Jefferson City, TN

Shoeberto
02-20-2008, 06:37 AM
I'm fairly positive that there's going to be some pretty hardcore Brawl tournaments in my dorm room when it comes out, so I'm not too worried.

Monol
02-20-2008, 06:55 AM
Im hoping the same goes for here.

Early brawl tourneys should be fun though. Not many pepole will be all that great at it so the competition should be pretty even. I consider myself pretty competitive in the "melee" scene and were having a final melee tourney before brawl comes out (though it seems in a couple months melee may be revived due to brawl not quenching the already fiercly competitive melee scene...i wouldnt be suprised but i wont judge just yet till i play the game myself) So either way im getting some action :cool:

Awww yeah