PDA

View Full Version : Mucinex is awesome.

Shlup
02-16-2008, 04:18 AM
Which symptom of illness causes you the most discomfort? For my husband, it's sore throat, hands down. When his throat is sore he turns into a toddler.

For me, it's stuffy nose. I would rather be vomiting regularly than have a stuffy nose. I don't like my breathing interfered with.

And it was being interfered with like twenty minutes ago, but I took a Mucinex DM and now it's like... no more worries. My sinus is still a bit over-dried on the left side though, which bugs.

Miriel
02-16-2008, 04:26 AM
Hands down, stuffy nose. It's excrutiatingly annoying to have a stuffy nose. It makes me want to shoot myself in the face.

But aching body is tied in crappy-ness cause you can't move or do anything when you have aches from head to toe and it feels like your very bones are deteriorating.

Vermachtnis
02-16-2008, 04:34 AM
Vomiting for me. The whole process, especially sometime before I actually do it. Just the bad feeling in the pit of my stomace and generall nauciousness. The the tingling in the back of my mouth with the bitterness. Then finally running to the toilet and depositing my food only with the front door instead of the back. Not to mention the aftertaste and dry heaving that'll follow.

Ki Ki
02-16-2008, 04:46 AM
Vomiting. WASTING FOOD POOR CHILDRIN IN AFRICA OKAY!

XxSephirothxX
02-16-2008, 04:47 AM
When I can have a nose that is simultaneously stuffy and runny, it is proof enough that there is no god.

Caraliz
02-16-2008, 05:07 AM
heartburn. UGH. ;_; also nausea.

NeoCracker
02-16-2008, 05:11 AM
Easily the throat.

However I have never had a sore throat that wasn't accompanied by a stuffy nose.

escobert
02-16-2008, 05:13 AM
I hate to puke imo

Ki Ki
02-16-2008, 05:17 AM
Bert noes what he's tokin' about imo. :aimsun:

BardTard
02-16-2008, 06:19 AM
Stuffy nose, because that makes me not be able to breathe, and then I have sleeping problems and I'm always tired. :(

Strawberry_Mew
02-16-2008, 06:35 AM
I hate Vomiting with sore throat....it sux big time ><

Del Murder
02-16-2008, 07:52 AM
For some reason I can't find something that helps with the sore throat while I can for the other stuff.

Randgris
02-16-2008, 09:07 AM
I can't believe you missed out on headaches. A stuffy nose gives me major headaches. When that happens I can't sleep a wink at night.

Big D
02-16-2008, 10:38 AM
Post-nasal drip. It's incessant, it's messy, it leads to a sore throat every morning and a raw, red nose from having to blow it all the freakin' time. I usually get a cold or infection causing this symptom once or twice a year, leading to several cranky nights of interrupted sleep and a whole lot of decongestants being swallowed or inhaled.

Jess
02-16-2008, 04:21 PM
I hate having a stuffy nose, and it also usually leads to a nasty headache. ;___;

Strawberry_Mew
02-16-2008, 04:27 PM
Having a ur teeth hurt can also sux XP I can't sleep good if I have one

rubah
02-16-2008, 04:45 PM
I think I get tired of the stuffy nose the most.

~*~Celes~*~
02-16-2008, 05:13 PM
Stuffy nose. It's hardest to get rid of and hardest to deal with D= also achiness though. Ugh, I hate feeling all achy...it makes me whiny and such.

Aerith's Knight
02-16-2008, 05:33 PM
why is nobody picking diarrhea 0_0

i mean with a stuffy nose you can just sneeze..

this seems way more disguisting.. and painfull.

Shoeberto
02-16-2008, 06:02 PM
I think acid reflux and sore throats are about on the same level for how much they make me hate the fact that I was born while I have them.

Runny/stuffed noses just confuse me when I have them. It's like I keep blowing my nose and the stuff keeps coming right on out! Did I form a wormhole in my nasal cavities that directs into the mucus galaxy? What gives?!!

rubah
02-16-2008, 06:06 PM
why is nobody picking diarrhea 0_0

i mean with a stuffy nose you can just sneeze..

this seems way more disguisting.. and painfull.

it goes away a lot faster. Stuffed up noses last forever.

Quindiana Jones
02-16-2008, 06:16 PM
When I can have a nose that is simultaneously stuffy and runny, it is proof enough that there is no god.

This is true.

Shlup
02-16-2008, 06:28 PM
There, I added headaches.

And BJ thought I was nuts for thinking stuffy nose is worse! Right now it's even beating sore throat. I am so hip.

Marshall Banana
02-16-2008, 06:44 PM
I hate tummy aches most.

Use Wan Wan Wanco tissues for runny noses.

Jessweeee♪
02-17-2008, 05:51 AM
I have an odd fear of vomiting. I've done all I can to avoid any situation that would cause me to vomit since I was eight years old :p

After that it's the stuffy nose. IT. NEVER. ENDS. EVER. I like to shove a bajillion Altoids in my mouth to trick myself into thinking my nose is clear when this happens.

o_O
02-17-2008, 07:25 AM
I have an odd fear of vomiting. I've done all I can to avoid any situation that would cause me to vomit since I was eight years old

Me too. Vomiting, no question.

Araciel
02-17-2008, 07:45 AM
Sore throat for reals. But only because I can't remember the last time I vomited, and sore throat makes me feel like I'm sick just from breathing, whether it be through the nose or mouth...it's just the most unsettling symptom.

Montoya
02-18-2008, 09:12 AM
I have allergies but I don't exactly know to what, but when it's bad I sneeze up to ten times without stopping. People hate me then, but I've never felt so blessed.

Heath
02-18-2008, 11:05 AM
Post-nasal drip. It's incessant, it's messy, it leads to a sore throat every morning and a raw, red nose from having to blow it all the freakin' time. I usually get a cold or infection causing this symptom once or twice a year, leading to several cranky nights of interrupted sleep and a whole lot of decongestants being swallowed or inhaled.

Oh definitely. It's the interrupted sleep that really annoys me as if I'm ill, I'll usually console myself with the thought that it'll be gone in the morning. With that, I have to console myself with the fact that it'll be morning eventually.

Akaria
02-18-2008, 11:14 AM
AK, I agree with you. I'll try not to get graphic, but with diarrhea, it's an unsettling feeling for a while, then SUDDENLYOMGBATHROOM. And if you don't make it on time, tough luck, poopy pants. If you're unlucky enough to have the bad kind of diarrhea (it exists), it happens over and over...But you're never completely sure when it's done, because you-know-what burns a little bit the rest of the day...It's absolutely horrid.

*Afterthought...* Maybe I'll put this is spoiler tags so you won't be forced to unnecessarily read that...Sorry guys:eep:

Momiji
02-22-2008, 02:53 AM
I would have to say fatigue. I just got over being sick (or shall I say, I'm currently taking antibiotics and feeling much better, damn sinus infection), but being sick with a headache, stuffy AND runny nose at the same time, a sore throat, and an annoying cough kept me awake at night, leaving me totally fatigued. And that was by far the worst part--wanting to get up and move but just not having the energy to do so just sucks.

Rye
02-22-2008, 03:05 AM
I have an odd fear of vomiting. I've done all I can to avoid any situation that would cause me to vomit since I was eight years old

Me too. Vomiting, no question.

Mhmmmm. Any feeling of nausea is the absolute worst. ;_;

Caraliz
02-22-2008, 03:33 AM
Why is no one else voting for tingly ear?!

Momiji
02-22-2008, 03:43 AM

Because the other symptoms are worse?
;)

Caraliz
02-22-2008, 04:00 AM

;)
but mommy, it is worse.

Breine
02-22-2008, 08:56 AM
I hate, hate, hate(!) having a soar throat. I loathe it when you can feel it coming, but there's nothing to do about it.

Quindiana Jones
02-22-2008, 10:06 AM
Gargle hot salt water.

Rye
02-22-2008, 12:17 PM
Sore throats honestly don't bug me. I kind of like having an excuse to nod and not speak. The only thing with sore throats is I get them near a lot of my auditions. D:

Momiji
02-23-2008, 05:59 AM

;)
but Momiji, it is not worse.

Fixed for the sake of my sanity.