PDA

View Full Version : moochers

rubah
02-16-2008, 07:23 AM
Mooching is good for many reasons in college:

1) you're often too poor to buy cool games that you'd like to play
2) other people are very rich but might not have enough people to play with and have Max Fun Times
3) you don't get raped in alleys or drugged at parties
4) you don't actually have to know the people you mooch off of as long as you're cool and polite
5) you can actually become friends with people through it

So stu and I mooched off a dude that I know fringely (he was in my physics lab, he's in my peer mentoring group, we've talked briefly about magic the gathering), by walking into him by chance after discussing how cool it would be to play rockband. And he had rockband. so we played it for like forever.

there was another encounter last week where a couple of guys had a wii set up in the tv room and stu went in to see what game they were playing, which turned into an invitation to play since it had up to four players.

And by different people mooching off of stu's SSBM, we've made some excellent friends who have in turn led to more people to symbiotely mooch off of, which turns into major fun times on those nights when you're so bored, you'll even go to Friday Night Live. (and get a free t-shirt)

Strawberry_Mew
02-16-2008, 07:25 AM
Nothing wrong with Mooching XD

Aerith's Knight
02-16-2008, 07:26 AM
i have the same stuff as other guys.. but i guess you can still call it mooching.. because i always go there :p

Caraliz
02-16-2008, 07:32 AM
I usually mooch ciggies when I actually feel like having one. But I always repay if I actually buy a pack. :p

XxSephirothxX
02-16-2008, 07:35 AM
Super Smash Bros. can build up a fucking friendship. It's amazing.

Blue Harvest
02-16-2008, 01:22 PM
Nothing wrong with Mooching XD

QFT :D

Roto13
02-16-2008, 03:05 PM
I really don't like doing it. Though I don't mind letting people mooch off me a little. :P

Vikeve
02-16-2008, 04:23 PM
But my friends are the worst food moochers you will ever meet in your entire life. You will never have a full meal or actually be able to keep all of your money through out the week. But it works out because then you can mooch off of them and get stuff from them too so I guess it all works out.:cool:

Plus, come to think of it my friends have games and gamestations that I will never be able to obtain so I go over to play all the freaking time. I must accept my moochness.

Strawberry_Mew
02-16-2008, 04:25 PM
I remember when I had my apt my best friend would always come over and eat my food XD having a hungry skinny Asian for a bestfriend rocks XD

theundeadhero
02-16-2008, 07:36 PM
People in the barracks mooch off each other all the time. The room two doors down has my 360 right now and I have some other peoples stuffs.

Rye
02-16-2008, 09:09 PM
I don't like owing people big things, so I try not to. I mostly mooch off of people's hand sanitizer in exchange for my gum.

Vyk
02-16-2008, 09:53 PM
That's a trade, not a mooch :P I try not to either. I don't like feeling needy... And I really don't like owing. So it'd have to be someone special that I know won't make me regret it in some way

Tallulah
02-16-2008, 09:56 PM
Never a borrower nor a lender be... :p

~*~Celes~*~
02-17-2008, 01:26 AM
Never a borrower nor a lender be... :p

lol, Hamlet reference :p

Anyway, I mooch off of my friends and let the mooch off of me. Even trade :p it's usually food.

Dolentrean
02-17-2008, 01:52 AM
I kick ass at mootching, so much that I never owe anyone anything.

Montoya
02-18-2008, 08:56 AM
I've only smooched cigarettes, and that's rare. But it makes for a nice conversation.