PDA

View Full Version : Of course, it would be the big torrent that's going slowly

Roto13
02-16-2008, 03:22 PM
I started downloading a torrent a couple of days ago. The tracker says there are 219 seeders and 571 leechers, but for some reason the top speed never goes over a few k. In fact, most of the time it's downloading at less than 1 k and uploading around 7 k. The rest of my torrents aren't giving me any trouble. They're all going at reasonable speeds. I've tried deleting and redownloading the torrent file and it didn't help. I set the bandwidth allocation for that particular torrent to "high." I've checked to see if it's set to just seed or if I have a download limit set, but everything seems to be fine. When I check the torrent information in uTorrent, it says that it's only connecting to about 5 of over 600 peers. I'd also like to note that the download speed jumps as high as 22 for a few moments before dropping off again. :P

EDIT: Also, when I check the peer list, there are a bunch of people with 100% of the file and every one else has a lot more of it than I do.

Any idea what I can do to fix this? I don't want to wait a month for this to finish downloading.

Baloki
02-16-2008, 03:56 PM
Limit your upload speed and turn on encryption to download your legal Linux torrent faster.

XxSephirothxX
02-16-2008, 06:11 PM
See how many trackers you're connecting to. Whether through a problem or simple bad luck, not connecting to the trackers could make you have considerable difficulty connecting to peers.

Also, sometimes it's just bad luck. If it's a public torrent, odds are there are tons of leechers out there or people who have it seeding at a very low speed.

Roto13
02-16-2008, 06:21 PM
Of the nine trackers, 8 of them are working and 1 of them is offline.

I don't think it's the upload speed or encryption, since my other torrents have been working fine. (I did that stuff anyway. :P)

o_O
02-16-2008, 09:58 PM
Sounds like a NAT error. Have you set a static IP in Windows, forwarded the ports in your router and your firewall yet?

Roto13
02-16-2008, 10:25 PM
I have, yes. :P