PDA

View Full Version : Survival

rubah
02-16-2008, 05:02 PM
Your mission: Make a fire and heat up a can of vienna weinies. You may pick four items to use out in the woods, sans electrical outlets.

I would have a knife (sharp),a match (flammable), a can of coca cola(aluminum), a can of vienna weinies (steel), and a bottle of my favorite household flammable vapor (large, flammable). My dad showed me how to cut a coke can to make an alcohol burner. You cut the can in half (I think you have to not open it, but you can drink it by making a hole in the bottom) then you make it so the bottom half (with the hole) fits over the top half (sans hole) and make little holes all around the perimeter. Then, when you put some rubbing alcohol in there, the vapors will RISE UP and burn a pretty blue flame (I have seen this). I'm not sure how well it would warm a bunch of vienna sausages though xD

How would YOU survive?

Aerith's Knight
02-16-2008, 05:21 PM
id make a big ass campfire.. and roast my weenies on a stick.. then id use my knive and a couple of shoelaces to hunt small animals and eat them too. Then id be furfilled for the night and take a nap in front of the yellow flames, generating sweet warmth.

Madame Adequate
02-16-2008, 05:37 PM
An axe, a lighter (More reliable than matches), something flammable, like those things you use to start BBQs, and a canvas. The canvas would make a shelter between trees/branches, so the fire could have a little protection from the elements if the weather is bad, as well as myself. Gather wood with my hands and if needed the axe. Light the wood with the lighter and firestarter. Spear a weiner on a stick, cook, enjoy.

Aerith's Knight
02-16-2008, 05:41 PM
An axe, a lighter (More reliable than matches), something flammable, like those things you use to start BBQs, and a canvas. The canvas would make a shelter between trees/branches, so the fire could have a little protection from the elements if the weather is bad, as well as myself. Gather wood with my hands and if needed the axe. Light the wood with the lighter and firestarter. Spear a weiner on a stick, cook, enjoy.

fire blocks or ethenol..

and what he said.

Psychotic
02-16-2008, 05:48 PM
Kitchen roll, deodorant, matches. Easy. As for a bonus fourth item, I pick a unicorn. No wait, a jetpack.

Sergeant Hartman
02-16-2008, 05:54 PM
Bear Grylls could do it, with just a knife and some water.

Shlup
02-16-2008, 06:31 PM
I pick a bottle of cranberry juice, some Pillsbury dinner rolls, a microwave, and a car.

Tavrobel
02-16-2008, 06:35 PM
I don't understand why any one of you wouldn't just bring Survivorman.

That leaves the other three items permanently open for use.

mooglebunni608
02-16-2008, 06:35 PM
Lighter, BIG can of gasoline, some rope, and a knife.

I'd douse the woods, light them on fire, and cook my wienies on the humongous bonfire!!!!

The knife is just because knifes are cool.

Faded Tears
02-16-2008, 06:42 PM
A lighter, A knife, A gun and a bucket.

I'd stab the wienies with the knife and hold it there and use the lighter to cook them.
The gun is for shooting bigger animals or even a bird.
The bucket is for water, when it rains.

theundeadhero
02-16-2008, 07:39 PM
You all fail because you didn't bring a can opener. Knives don't open cans.

All I would need is a can opener and a lighter. Everything else can be found in the woods.

Old Manus
02-16-2008, 07:49 PM
I'd bring nothing, and leave the can in the sun for a day. It's heated up, mission complete, 1345exp, level up, firaga mastered. Create fire.

Caraliz
02-16-2008, 08:51 PM
I'd bring old manuses children and make them scavenge the woods for spoils. :jess:

As for the can, it would... work itself out.

Blue Harvest
02-16-2008, 08:55 PM
I can create fire with my hand, therefore other items are unnecessary.

mooglebunni608
02-16-2008, 09:18 PM

All I would need is a can opener and a lighter. Everything else can be found in the woods.
Last time I checked, vienna wienies' tins had key-pulls to open them. No can opener required. <333

rubah
02-16-2008, 10:11 PM
besides, how do you reckon cowboys opened their tin cans?

Tavrobel
02-16-2008, 10:40 PM
With a gun, rubah.

rubah
02-16-2008, 10:41 PM
Dang.

blackmage_nuke
02-16-2008, 10:51 PM
All I'd need is a lightsaber. Preferably a green one

fire_of_avalon
02-16-2008, 11:47 PM
1) You can't burn green wood, or much wood at all with gasoline or other petroleum thingdos. They burn far too quickly to react with the wood.

2) Cowboys had canopeners. Dummy.

I'd bring a large, sharp knife to skin bark and moss, make rope and weapons and cut up my foods.

I'd bring a tarp to create temporary shelters and collect water.

A pot or pan to cook in.

A waterbottle to keep my water in.

Captain Maxx Power
02-16-2008, 11:47 PM
How would YOU survive?

Kill woodland creatures with my bare hands and eat the flesh raw. I don't have time to mess about with lesser problems like disease and starvation, I've got some survivin' to do!

Vyk
02-17-2008, 12:48 AM
Good time to become a vegitarian maybe. I'd bring an RV. Full tank of gas. Generator. Home sweet home.. wait. What else.. Akaria and my hair I guess

Tavrobel
02-17-2008, 01:17 AM
Kill woodland creatures with my bare hands and eat the flesh raw. I don't have time to mess about with lesser problems like disease and starvation, I've got some survivin' to do!

What, you're not just going to bring your Stash and craft a bunch of stuff in the hopes that the animals will drop gold and lewt?

Speaking of eating, coconuts. The milk has all the stuff you need to live on.

Aerith's Knight
02-17-2008, 04:01 AM
I can create fire with my hand, therefore other items are unnecessary.

no thats smoke.. and you blow it out your ass :D

actually.. all you really need is a knive and a source of clean water. The rest you can hunt or create.

rubah
02-17-2008, 04:47 AM
foa loses because she didn't get her can of weinies roasted :(

we're talking survival like you stayed out in a treehouse or something when it was pouring down rain one night. 8)

Araciel
02-17-2008, 07:39 AM
A knife, possibly a survivor deluxe style with a serration ontop and a wide axe blade

a pot to boil water in

a lighter or pack of matches

a friend. the only thing i wished i had when i was alone in the wilderness was someone to talk to.

Randgris
02-17-2008, 09:51 AM

Oh yes it can, all you need to do is to stab it one end (near the edge) and work your way around (kinda like and old fahioned can opener-lever thingy)

I wouldn't bring a knife, I'd bring a very sharp machete, a lighter maybe some ropes. I'll slice the can of weenies in half with the machete, cook it and then when night falls, I'd catch something (or maybe someone) and tie it/him/her up. Then, I'd take the machete and slice it/him/her into manageable pieces and cook them. :D

Rantz
02-17-2008, 11:14 AM
Oh, this is easy.

1 paper-clip
1 magnifying glass
1 lock of a mermaid's hair
1 roll of duct tape

I start by using the magnifying glass to concentrate heat from the sun and use this to melt the paper-clip. I guess I have to use my hand as a container for the melted metal. I form the melted paper-clip into a small coin-shaped thing. This will be used as my luck amulet for my adventures to come.

At this point, I scoff irritably at the rabbits, deer and other cutesy animals who have gathered to watch me.

Then, I try to bring down a large tree by tackling it, protected by several layers of duct tape. I would then use the fallen tree trunk for sitting on, whilst dreamingly sniffing on my mermaid's hair lock and making grunting noises.

As for the weenies, I've sent them to starving children in Africa. I'm a nice guy like that.

o_O
02-18-2008, 12:09 AM
I'd take a battery-operated laser, so that I could use it to heat up the can just enough to roast the weinies. Even if the can doesn't have a tab to rip the top off, heating a sealed can causes it to burst open* at the top anyway, so I'm set.

* Speaking from experience. Not recommended. You never said I had to eat the weinies. :p

Quindiana Jones
02-18-2008, 12:19 AM
There's no point posting in this thread anymore, due to Rantz's post. :(

Fonzie
02-18-2008, 01:43 AM
Oh, this is easy.

1 paper-clip
1 magnifying glass
1 lock of a mermaid's hair
1 roll of duct tape

I start by using the magnifying glass to concentrate heat from the sun and use this to melt the paper-clip. I guess I have to use my hand as a container for the melted metal. I form the melted paper-clip into a small coin-shaped thing. This will be used as my luck amulet for my adventures to come.

At this point, I scoff irritably at the rabbits, deer and other cutesy animals who have gathered to watch me.

Then, I try to bring down a large tree by tackling it, protected by several layers of duct tape. I would then use the fallen tree trunk for sitting on, whilst dreamingly sniffing on my mermaid's hair lock and making grunting noises.

As for the weenies, I've sent them to starving children in Africa. I'm a nice guy like that.

:lol:

That was brilliant.

~*~Celes~*~
02-18-2008, 02:01 AM
I'd take the solar powered stove I invented out of my pocket and use that for heat and cooking :bigsmile: