PDA

View Full Version : My wrist hurts *pulls string* Mmmm...

Avarice-ness
02-17-2008, 09:18 AM
Self-Shaking Salt and Pepper Shakers (http://www.perpetualkid.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=991)

For those to lazy to click the link. These are self-shaking salt and pepper shakers. Like the website says:

MOVERS & SHAKERS SALT AND PEPPER SHAKERS
Retro Self-Shaking - Just pull the string!

They shake themselves! It's now fun and simple to add some panache to your fine dining. Just pull the cord, invert, hold - MOVERS AND SHAKERS do all the work! Traditional "diner" styling, packed 2 pcs in a frosted box. Perfect house warming gift.

When did it become difficult to shake a salt and pepper shaker? Personally I feel pulling a string takes more effort then flicking my wrist!

Would you ever buy this product? Do you think that this would ever come in handy? Is this something that shows there's a slight laziness to the world?

Go!

Rye
02-17-2008, 03:39 PM
Maybe it's for people who've sprain their wrists because of their aggressive hey-nonny-nonny? ;_;

Self-flushing toilets terrify me.

The Ceej
02-17-2008, 04:45 PM
I'm going to predict that no one has any use for this product and it will be off the shelf in a week. Of course, because of this prediction, it will become a household item for everyone but me and I will be ridiculed for hating it. Because that's how it works. All good products (like my shampoo or my favorite flavor of Powerade) disappear and people claim that there's no demand for them, but things like self shaking salt and pepper shakers or three hotdogs in their buns for the same price as ten hotdogs, eight buns, and a bottle of mustard remain hot items.

As far as self flushing toilets? Hate 'em. I'll decide when I'm finished. Thank you. I don't want the toilet to flush when I stand up. I'm paranoid that a flush of that power will throw microscopic pieces of skullz and piss into the air which I will breathe. How 'bout I just finish doing my business in the stall, and flush right before I leave as I hold my breath for the couple seconds it takes to get out. And what if they don't flush when they're supposed to? Then what? Then the next person has to go in there and see my skullz in the toilet thus viewing me as an inconsiderate bastard. Is pressing down on a handle too much trouble? Seriously. Is there anyone who finds this difficult? I'm sure even people with no arms can do this.

Vermachtnis
02-17-2008, 04:56 PM
I've heard most people flush with their feet in public restrooms. Something about germs, they should just avoid public restrooms altogether like I do.

Anyway, on the original topic. The self shaking salt and pepper shakers seem a little useless. I mean if your wrists hurts too much to shake, it probably hurts to much to pull a string. I've seen people with pinched nerves in their wrist and that hand basically useless.

Rye
02-17-2008, 05:11 PM
I flush with my feet. I grip toilet paper WITH toilet paper when I put it on toilet seats so I never touch the seats. I'm that germaphobic.

Aerith's Knight
02-17-2008, 05:18 PM
I flush my feet. I grip toilet paper WITH toilet paper when I put it on toilet seats so I never touch the seats. I'm that germaphobic.

I clean the toilet seats incessently for 5 minutes before sitting down.. germaphobia sucks >__<

Old Manus
02-17-2008, 06:16 PM
I flush with my feet. I grip toilet paper WITH toilet paper when I put it on toilet seats so I never touch the seats. I'm that germaphobic. Such is the beauty of urinals

rubah
02-17-2008, 06:28 PM
maybe you shouldn't discriminate against people with RSI!

blackmage_nuke
02-17-2008, 08:40 PM
I think it would be a great product!
You pass someone the pepper and it starts shaking with no warning ruining their meal :radred: