PDA

View Full Version : If Sephiroth really had died...

Edge7
02-17-2008, 09:00 PM
Title explains all. What r ur theories?

Mine is that the game would continue, Aeris would remain a potential love intrest. Cloud's being a Sephiroth clone would have been revealed by Hojo. President Shinra might have been the final boss (probably in a supersuit or something else mako induced an militaristic) I have much more ideas, but those are all that come to mind.

blackmage_nuke
02-17-2008, 09:03 PM
The most powerful boss in KH would be kefka!
Im all for it

Wuggly Blight
02-17-2008, 09:05 PM
If he had died, I don't think the team would of built up the momentum in game that they needed to realise Shinra had to go and probably remain a large figure on the world stage, the Weapons would never have been awakened, Lucriea would of remained in pain in the caves, Vincent would remain under the mansion, Midgar would of remained and probably slide further into poverty.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-17-2008, 09:17 PM
I don't think the team would of built up the momentum in game that they needed to realise Shinra had to go and probably remain a large figure on the world stageThey were convinced Shin-Ra had to go from the beginning of the game. That was the whole point of AVALANCHE.

NeoCracker
02-17-2008, 09:37 PM
The game wouldn't have changed at all up until you reach the top of Midgar.

There, you'd probably have killed Shinra, and spent the game chasing after Rufus.

Meaning no Vincent, no Weapon, really just a lame story at that point.

Wuggly Blight
02-17-2008, 09:37 PM
Yes, but they wasn't very GOOD at it, Shin-Ra was ahead of them most of the way, and nearly nailed there balls to the wall, if Sephy didn't cause such chaos they wouldnt of had time to get there act together, they sure wouldn't have as a passionate reason to keep going without his actions, not that Shin-Ra was a nice bunch-o-people.

Aerith's Knight
02-17-2008, 09:45 PM
it wouldve ruined the game(prob).. but Aerith wouldve lived :D(yaay!)

definitly a win.

toad626
02-18-2008, 03:25 AM

There, you'd probably have killed Shinra, and spent the game chasing after Rufus.

VS chasing after a crazy psychopath instead? Face it to all you 7 nuts, this is not the best written story. All we did was chase the villain anyway with some plot twits along the way.

Bolivar
02-18-2008, 04:12 AM
Cloud and Zack would have never broke out of the Shinra mansion and started moving towards Midgar. I think they were subconsciously following Sephiroth(#1 clone)/Jenova and this was the beginning of the game.

NeoCracker
02-18-2008, 05:38 AM

VS chasing after a crazy psychopath instead? Face it to all you 7 nuts, this is not the best written story. All we did was chase the villain anyway with some plot twits along the way.

1) I'm actually not a big 7 fan, as I found it to be a mediocre game. :P

2) Had it not been Sephiroth, there really wasn't any notable plot twists. Jenova and the Sephiroth clones wouldn't have had any importance at all.

Having Sephiroth live seriously makes a difference on whats important and whats not. Without him, none of the plot points in seven really have any meaning at all. Anything relevant would have been uncovered by the end of Midgar.

Vyk
02-18-2008, 06:50 AM
Considering most of it was mostly Jenova and not actually Sephiroth, I don't think much would have changed. Seph doesn't make a legitimate personal appearance until the last leg of the game. But the plot could have easily had Jenova doing that herself. Since they supposedly had the same goal and intentions and stuff. Not much would have changed. No final boss. Or different final boss. Not much

Serapy
02-22-2008, 01:04 AM
Sephiroth did die, we have seen a ghost of himself (clone).
You see Aeris's ghost in the game.
You see Zack's ghost in the end of AC.

Big D
02-22-2008, 09:51 AM
Considering most of it was mostly Jenova and not actually Sephiroth, I don't think much would have changed. Seph doesn't make a legitimate personal appearance until the last leg of the game. But the plot could have easily had Jenova doing that herself. Since they supposedly had the same goal and intentions and stuff. Not much would have changed. No final boss. Or different final boss. Not muchYou're right about them having the same goals and similar powers... but Sephiroth had the conscious will to go ahead and do all that stuff, as well as having his intellect roaming free in the Lifestream.
But if he'd died... Jenova would've continued to remain as a passive, but powerful influence. Still dismembered, beheaded and strewn across the world, but alive in her own way. Hojo probably would've continued his experience, or Deepground/Genesis would've kept going, until they goofed once again and created a being with similar levels of Jenova cells compared to Sephiroth, and a similar potential for nihilistic malice - effectively, a new 'son' for Jenova.
But if none of that happened... Jenova's influence would probably be more long-term. She affected the Cetra like a virus, her cells mutating them. The same might eventually happen to the SOLDIER members and others carrying her cells - or perhaps not, if her will was so weakened by her 2000 year confinement.

Cloud and Zack would've still fled Nibelheim and made it to Midgar; but if the team were captured at the Shinra building, they wouldn't have escaped so easily. Nor would the crisis have become worse, as it did in the actual story. Assuming they made it out alive, they'd still have gone on their journey - but it would've been more about Aerith, at the centre of the fight to keep Shinra from exploiting the Promised Land and constructing Neo-Midgar. Sephiroth did die, we have seen a ghost of himself (clone).
You see Aeris's ghost in the game.
You see Zack's ghost in the end of AC.Please don't start:p