PDA

View Full Version : Shaiya

Brennan
02-18-2008, 04:07 AM
Anybody ever played this MMO? Download it, you know you want to! :D
Shaiya (http://shaiya.aeriagames.com/)

Tavrobel
02-18-2008, 04:12 AM
I saw a version of it back a while ago. However, the link was broken, so I did not pursue the situation further. Thanks for reminding me about it, though, it's one of the ones I want to try.

40 minutes to finishing the download. Ohh, yeah.

Markus. D
02-18-2008, 04:29 AM
Sub-prime version of my favorite MMORPG. Lineage II.

:]

Tasura
02-19-2008, 04:25 AM
Sub-prime version of my favorite MMORPG. Lineage II.

:]

which is a "sub-prime" version of a game that came before it.

As for Shaiya it's good, I was in the closed beta, come to think of it, I've been in the closed beta for all of Aeria's games.

Markus. D
02-19-2008, 05:04 AM
XD!

Post Chaotic Chronicle I believe Lineage II > Lineage. Specially the sheer span of stuff to do since Interlude... I wanna get the Kamael Expansion...

I must say I have an eye on DOMO from Aeria. ... It looks different. :D

Tasura
02-19-2008, 05:28 AM
DOMO is... interesting. It's the most kiddish of Aeria's games.

Markus. D
02-19-2008, 05:59 AM
Seems so yes.

But well, Gameplay > Artstyle. :]

I'd have to play it first to truly judge it...

Carl the Llama
02-20-2008, 11:21 PM
I would love to play this game and if it werent for the one simple thing I would play it: The control's, I absolutely detest the mindless click click click to walk everywhere shame really.

Tasura
02-21-2008, 01:53 AM
Aeria likes to put a "Unique" feature in each of their games, for Shaiya it's the difficulty levels, for DOMO it's the relationships.

And ~Master Yoda~ you can use the w,a,s,d keys to move, it even tells you that when you start the game/on the site.

Option 2: Shaiya also supports ‘W’ ‘A’ ‘S’ ‘D’ movement as well.

Captain Maxx Power
02-21-2008, 01:57 AM
Would you people stop fannying about with all these other MMOG's and just accept the fact that WoW is the best?

Rampant Western Consumerism = Win! :D

Tavrobel
02-21-2008, 02:01 AM
Would you people stop fannying about with all these other MMOG's and just accept the fact that WoW is the best?

You shut up, you. Do not profane the name that is Diablo II. Without, WoW is nothing. DII is the father of modern MMOs, and you damn well know it. I never thought of you as he who would not see that which is the original, and that which is false.

Any game that makes me pay after I have already purchased it is fail.

Madame Adequate
02-21-2008, 02:11 AM

You shut up, you. Do not profane the name that is Diablo II. Without, WoW is nothing. DII is the father of modern MMOs, and you damn well know it. I never thought of you as he who would not see that which is the original, and that which is false.

Any game that makes me pay after I have already purchased it is fail.

I think you miss a number of important concepts in this matter.

Tavrobel
02-21-2008, 02:13 AM
I think you miss a number of important concepts in this matter.

No, this is me yelling at Maxx for forgetting his DII roots (and turning to that detestable game), and having to be grossly over-the-top in order to accomplish my point.

Though you would not be far from the truth to assert that I miss many things. Don't care if he was being sarcastic about it, though. I don't joke when it comes to WoW. That game sucks.

Roogle
02-21-2008, 02:32 PM
Can someone tell me a little more about the company behind this game? Shaiya appears to be a very small, unknown title right now. It lacks a Wikipedia article and information, previews, and reviews on other gaming websites.

Tasura
02-21-2008, 05:40 PM
Can someone tell me a little more about the company behind this game? Shaiya appears to be a very small, unknown title right now. It lacks a Wikipedia article and information, previews, and reviews on other gaming websites.

Aeria Games (http://www.aeriagames.com/) has 5 games out so far, the first being Last Chaos towards the end of 2006, and the newest being Shaiya towards the end of 2007. The other games are Twelve Sky, Project Torque and DOMO (Dream of Mirror Online). They aren't well known as a company since they've only been around for a little over 2 years and all their games are free to play. Shaiya isn't that well known because it's only been in Open Beta for about 3 months.

That being said, Aeria is a publishing company and not a developing company, Aeria publishes games from overseas (Mainly Korean) for the North American market, DOMO for instance was originally released by Softstar in 2005, and is the second game in a series of Chinese mythological based games.

Captain Maxx Power
02-21-2008, 06:45 PM
No, this is me yelling at Maxx for forgetting his DII roots (and turning to that detestable game), and having to be grossly over-the-top in order to accomplish my point.

Diablo 2's an MMOG? Since when? :confused:

Tavrobel
02-21-2008, 10:17 PM
Diablo 2's an MMOG? Since when? :confused:

Ever since Battle.net. (okay, so WCII B.net edition, DI, and SC came first, but those have their different stories)