PDA

View Full Version : anyone else figure this tactic out? spoilers here kinda

Marky Tee
02-18-2008, 06:47 AM
Right so if as soon as you get to gizamalukes grotto and you have quina learn lv.5 death (or lv.4 i forget lol) climb past the moogles and go onto the lledge and you kill now 1 hit killl grand dragons
i used this to get to level 99 in no time and still hadnt fought gizamaluke yet, i think though im not sure if i had learned it by that point

also if you always have the auto haste ,auto regain MP attack for your fighters. This made me pretty much invinceable even beatin ozma the first time although he did take ages to beat cause of that damed curaga

Shotgunnova
02-19-2008, 05:50 PM
It's very widely known. It can't be obtained 'til Disc 3, however, so most of the "wow I massacred a big scary monster when my team sucks" reverie has worn off. Not a bad way to go if y'like power-levelling, though.

Bolivar
02-19-2008, 06:06 PM
level 99 in no time? I fought grand dragons on disk 4 to level up/top off abilities that needed AP, it doesn't seem to level that fast once you get to around 40s-50s.

Crossblades
02-19-2008, 08:05 PM
level 99 in no time? I fought grand dragons on disk 4 to level up/top off abilities that needed AP, it doesn't seem to level that fast once you get to around 40s-50s.

It's still pretty good exp even at level 50, but yeah you wont level as fast. I think I leveled my characters to 65 just by fighting those Dragons

Marky Tee
02-20-2008, 07:51 AM
you sure you cant get it til disc 3?
i think i got that aility by eating zombie whales at the beach near lindblum on the way to gizamalukes grotto
could be mistaken though it has been about 2 years since my last play through

also with the level up ability its still kinda fast with the grand dragons i thought

cloud21zidane16
02-20-2008, 07:36 PM
you sure you cant get it til disc 3?
i think i got that aility by eating zombie whales at the beach near lindblum on the way to gizamalukes grotto
could be mistaken though it has been about 2 years since my last play through

also with the level up ability its still kinda fast with the grand dragons i thought

Nope you cant get it until you get the Blue Narciss, maybe your confusing it with Lv3 Def-less?

Marky Tee
02-20-2008, 07:53 PM
maybe
id play it again jus to find out but my disc 1 is croked

cloud21zidane16
02-20-2008, 07:59 PM
lol too bad, im sure i wouldve found it by now because i know quite a lot about the secrets in this game:D

Sarc the Swordsman
02-23-2008, 01:10 AM
Yeah, I stumbled across that place on my very first playthrough. The Moogles in the grotto even warn of the dangerous monsters, but I didn't listen. >_> Ended up dead.

Still, I never really go out of my way to level up insanely early in the game, struggling to kill something is fun - killing them in one or two hits when you're not supposed to be so strong at that point isn't. At least for me.

Drummakid_22
02-23-2008, 07:55 AM
Right so if as soon as you get to gizamalukes grotto and you have quina learn lv.5 death (or lv.4 i forget lol) climb past the moogles and go onto the lledge and you kill now 1 hit killl grand dragons
i used this to get to level 99 in no time and still hadnt fought gizamaluke yet, i think though im not sure if i had learned it by that point

also if you always have the auto haste ,auto regain MP attack for your fighters. This made me pretty much invinceable even beatin ozma the first time although he did take ages to beat cause of that damed curaga

Just wanted to correct you as to what monsters you fought on Disc 1 to gain the Lv5 Death Ability?? If I'm not mistaken I believe you don't learn it until you fight either DracoZombies or Dead Whales etc which are on other islands not available with equipment given on the 1st disc....and I'll tell you it's not easy to gain levels with Grand Dragons once on such a higher level....I fought Chimeras and Iron Man enemies in Memoria and it still took me hours and hours while having Zidane with a Virus because he was already 99 and it prevents him from stealing the EXP and only using one other character to get the experience....even while the enemies in Memoria give you about 41,000 EXP each for one person only and w/Level Up Ability on it still took hours. All my characters are now 99 and it rocks!!! I also have 3.4million gil. and all the best weapons aside from Ex. Cal. 2 but I'm not gonna waste my time on that when you miss so0o many great things trying to get it. :love:

Sarc the Swordsman
02-23-2008, 09:57 AM
Even with all four of your battle characters at level 99, Beatrix is still better. ;)

I also heard that some people use the Coral Ring (I think that's the name) from the Festival of the Hunt to beat the grand dragons. It absorbs thunder damage.

I might use it on my next playthrough though - getting level 25 by the end of disc 1 would be enough for me. Or even just learning some abilities quicker.

FF9master9
02-26-2008, 07:05 PM
Sarc i use that item to train on grand dragons and get to lvl 50 before i kill the boss =]
oh ya the highest i have gotten in gil is 4mil