PDA

View Full Version : Moving~

Jess
02-18-2008, 03:51 PM
How many different places have you lived in your life? Are you constantly moving around countries, cities and towns or have you pretty much been in the same place your entire life? If you have moved homes, why? How do you feel about moving?

From when I was a baby until I was 6 I lived in Barmston, Washington (North East England, in between Newcastle and Sunderland).
For a year after this I lived in Brighton (South England).
I then moved to the Colchester area (South East England, Essex) and I still live here.

The reason for my moves were due to my Dad getting a better job. We've had plenty of other options to move, but now my Dad just travels for his work and comes home at the weekends, otherwise we could have been all over the world by now!

Our first move made me sad, because all of my family live in Newcastle and everything I knew was there. The second time we moved I didn't really care much because we weren't completely settled there yet. :jess:

scrumpleberry
02-18-2008, 04:12 PM
Lots and lots and lots of places. Milan and all over England.

theundeadhero
02-18-2008, 04:18 PM
When I was a kid a moved between towns a lot. Now I move between countries a lot.

~*~Celes~*~
02-18-2008, 04:20 PM
When I was about 2 months old we moved to Toledo, Ohio from Northwood, and now I'm in Walbridge :p Next move is to Blackpool, England, if things go as planned.

escobert
02-18-2008, 04:26 PM
I moved a few times when it was just my mom and I then she got married so we moved into my step dads house. Then after a few years living there they decided they wanted to move back here to Windsor where my mom and I had been living originally. I hope to be moving out of here by the end of next month :D

Sergeant Hartman
02-18-2008, 04:42 PM
Been in the same house all my life.

Psychotic
02-18-2008, 04:56 PM
Been in this old house for most of my life. I lived in University accomodation for my first year there, though, (it's only guaranteed for first years, to those of you Americans who do not understand. From then on you usually have to look to the "private sector") but I've been back here for the past 18 months because I'm a cheap bastard.

Quindiana Jones
02-18-2008, 05:23 PM
One house in Taunton, and then three where I am now.

Tallulah
02-18-2008, 05:32 PM
Lived in the same house for 21 years until I moved up to university. Lived with friends for the first year, then moved further into town in the second year, then into the house I am in now.

My parents moved out of the house I'd lived at for over 21 years just last November. The flat is tiny but it's a really nice area of London (Greenwich), right by the river. :p

Rantz
02-18-2008, 05:36 PM
My first 15 years were spent with my family in a large house on the countryside. It's a farm of sorts, although only self providing. My 16th year I lived in a big flat with a friend, after which I moved to the one-bedroom flat I live in now; a nice, quite cheap place with room enough for me to live in.

Breine
02-18-2008, 05:39 PM
I've only moved once, and it was just across the street..

Shauna
02-18-2008, 05:48 PM
I lived in East Kilbride for 9 years. Then I moved to the OTHER side of East Kilbride, and have lived here the past 8 years. :p

Jings
02-18-2008, 05:50 PM
I lived in my parents house for my first 18 years. Then I lived in student accommodation for my first year of University. The constant partying had a horrible effect on my grades so I moved back home and have been stuck here for the past year and a half.

Marshall Banana
02-18-2008, 06:30 PM
I've always lived in Lily, Kentucky, but one day I'll live in California. :onnanoko:

Yamaneko
02-18-2008, 06:48 PM
Was born in Hollywood, moved to Mexico City, then to a small town in Oregon, then to Portland and finally back down to L.A. I don't see myself leaving any time soon. The reasons for moving when I was young were personal and financial ones, I guess.

Brennan
02-18-2008, 06:58 PM
1995 - 2003- My house in Louisiana
2004 - Present - The computer

Miriel
02-18-2008, 07:30 PM
I was born in Los Angeles. The USC Hospital to be exact. I lived in the Koreatown area for about a year. Then my family moved to the suburbs 20 miles outside of Los Angeles. Those suburbs are the ones I consider to be "home". Tiny little town. Only a few miles big. Grew up there, went to school there, etc. Then I got accepted into USC and lived on Campus dorms in LA for a year. Moved on to living in apartments a few blocks from school.

I sometimes regret not leaving to go to school further away. And sometimes I really really hate LA. Other times, I loooove LA and can't imagine living anywhere else in the world. I haven't traveled a ton, but every time I do travel, I'm always grateful and happy to be back in SoCal. I can't think of a better place to live in the world.

Once I graduate college, I'll probably be moving up to NorCal. A lovely place to live, but pretty distinct to SoCal. It'll take a little while to get used to.

I wouldn't mind living all over the world, actually. A year in Spain, a year in Italy, etc. I think that'd be super fun.

Montoya
02-18-2008, 07:43 PM
Milan, New York, and Japan. XD

Southern California.:eep:

Cz
02-18-2008, 08:09 PM
East London For Life. :cool:

Actually, I'm in Bristol right now. But University doesn't really count, I think. It's not home unless you can break the windows.