PDA

View Full Version : too talkative?

BardTard
02-19-2008, 04:41 AM
So today was my third day in college (hardly, I'm only taking one class two days a week) and I was just babbling for 15 minutes straight to the entire class before the teacher came in. It made me think, I talk ALOOOOOOOOTTTTTT. At work I talk alot too. I think Janet may have quit because I annoyed her so much. When I start talking it can be pretty hard to make me shut up unless I run out of things to talk about.

I don't know why I talk so much. I used to be really anti-social and quiet, worse than... well, on a Squall level really. But that's not important. It just confuses me that I don't know why I'm like this.

So, are you a very talkative person? Are you more outgoing online or offline? I think I'm the same online and offline. Also, do you get annoyed by people who babble alot? My classmates didn't seem to find me annoying like the girl who quit working with me did, lol (but she was an older lady and kinda cranky)

Aerith's Knight
02-19-2008, 04:57 AM
when im slightly drunk, im a very talkative person.. otherwise, im just a goodnatured talker.

I can get quiet though.. but people then always ask me what wrong.. so i try to always say something now and then.. people expect it of me.

in truth.. i could live in silence most of the time

BardTard
02-19-2008, 05:03 AM
I don't drink... I've never been drunk so I can only imagine. It would probably be impossible to shut me up if I started drinking.

I hate it when my mom asks me what's wrong. She does it so often. I don't even have to really be quiet. What could POSSIBLY be wrong with ME :D lol

blackmage_nuke
02-19-2008, 05:19 AM
I think the only time you can be too talkative is when people stop listening.

Vermachtnis
02-19-2008, 05:22 AM
I'm pretty quiet, until I start talking. I have that problem where when I get too quiet, people ask me "What's wrong?" and after five minutes of pure idiocy they wish they didn't ask. Sometimes I can have a conversation and keep in the realm of sanity too. But, that's boring. And more people will come to you if talk stupid stuff.

If you want to shut me up, disagree with me or start an arguement. I'd rather be quiet than argue.

Aerith's Knight
02-19-2008, 05:26 AM

hmm, what? did you say something?

escobert
02-19-2008, 05:31 AM
Depends on who it is and how well I know you. If I like you and know you well then yes, I'm talkative. Otherwise no. :p

BardTard
02-19-2008, 05:31 AM
If you want to shut me up, disagree with me or start an arguement. I'd rather be quiet than argue.

I'm just the opposite, I can't let people win. I'm a debater. Debator? Whatever, however that's spelled. I'm a female so it's in my nature. Unless somebody (usually, my mom) just says something completely stupid and I know that no matter what I say, they won't make any sense and won't understand anything I say, so arguing back would be completely pointless. Then I'll just be quiet.

Randgris
02-19-2008, 05:33 AM
I'm only talkative to friends, to other people I don't really know and trust, they need to initiate conversation first. I'd just smile to them and nod my head.

Absconditus_Oraculum
02-19-2008, 05:35 AM
If there is nothing important to say I hardly say anything, on or offline. My little brother, however, talks continuously. Unless he is sleeping you can not go for more then 15 at a time without hearing him talk. And thats at the most, with him telling each person the same thing seprately even if two of them were right next to each other.

KH-Cloudy
02-19-2008, 05:55 AM
I'm generally a very quiet person. I often get asked,"Why are you so quiet today?"

So, yea. I'd like to keep quiet instead of saying something quite stupid.

Strawberry_Mew
02-19-2008, 06:03 AM
I use to be somewhat quite but kinda talk alot now XD

LunarWeaver
02-19-2008, 06:21 AM
I barely speak at all offline. And I pray nobody talks to me. It's not a mean thing, just a shy thing. I prefer to swoop in and out of places without drawing any attention. You know, like an uncool ninja with no coordination.

Rostum
02-19-2008, 06:28 AM
I used to be an introvert in my teenage years, but now I am a lot more talkative towards everyone. It is mentally draining some times, but that's why you have alone time.

Rantz
02-19-2008, 07:30 AM
I usually don't talk unless I have to. I never try to fill up awkward silences with nonsense.

Blue Harvest
02-19-2008, 07:34 AM
Depends who 'm talking to really. Some people I'm really quiet around and only speak when I have something constructive to say, with others I can't stop talking.

blackmage_nuke
02-19-2008, 08:03 AM

hmm, what? did you say something?

It would be more ironic if everyone just ignored me

Polaris
02-19-2008, 11:28 AM
Oh God once I start speak I can't shut up! xD When I talk on msn I can be a day talking to the same person :) Specially with Sir Edeon and my bf! :D But this is a thing my dad also has, we both talk a lot! ^^

I Am Stoner
02-19-2008, 11:49 AM
I am quite a talkative person. I like making jokes and trying to cheer people up. I am quite talkative when im talking to my girlfriend Allie aswell. So much to say such little time. lol. Anyway, if its a person I dont know it might take me a while to get to know them first before I can be talkative with them.

Rye
02-19-2008, 01:16 PM
It depends on the people and their mood. If I think that someone doesn't like me, I won't say a word, but with people like my close friends and my boyfriend, it's really hard to shut me up.

Loony BoB
02-19-2008, 01:23 PM
When there's nothing to do but talk, I'll talk - so long as it's not all day. But when I can do something that doesn't require as much effort, I'll probably opt for that.

I'm fairly introverted overall, not too outgoing. If I had more friends I'd probably hang out with them more, but I do like time to myself. Danielle talks a lot, which after some time can be a bit tiring... However, if I'm home alone all day with nobody to talk to then I find myself a bit lonely... so I guess it's all swings and roundabouts!

I'm basically your typical male, I suppose.

Jess
02-19-2008, 01:47 PM
It depends. If I'm around people that I don't know I generally wait for them to start a conversation, because I'm quite shy around new people. If I'm with friends I'm outgoing and talk a lot but I'm not great at starting conversations - but if they make a topic of conversation then I usually have a lot to say. If I'm drunk I will talk to anybody about anything and usually don't make a lot of sense. :jess:

Breine
02-19-2008, 03:41 PM
Not really. Me, my dad and big brother tend to not really make that much small talk, which bothers my mother and little sister a lot.. but they also talk a lot about not much.

EDIT: But yeah, as Jess said it also depends. I actually tend to be quite out going around new people and talk quite a bit when I first meet them. But, y'know, with really close friends I don't really need to talk a lot all the time about nothing at all.. your best friends are the ones that you can also be silent around without it being awkward.

Caraliz
02-20-2008, 01:04 AM
I usually don't talk unless I have to. I never try to fill up awkward silences with nonsense.
I'm the complete opposite. I hate awkward silence. ;_; But if I have nothing to say then I'll just feel dumb the whole time.

But I usually don't talk much if I don't know the person.

Yamaneko
02-20-2008, 01:16 AM
The thing about good friends and family is that you don't feel compelled to yammer on about pointless stuff. Sometimes nothing needs to be said and that understanding exists between you and whoever else. Talking for the sake of talking is far more annoying than silence.

Shiny
02-20-2008, 01:29 AM
I'm not much of a talking person. I like listening to others talk more unless they keep going on about stupid stuff. There are days when I do talk a lot so long as the other person chimes in every now and again.

Namelessfengir
02-20-2008, 02:05 AM
depends on what im talking about usually i have nothing worth expressing vocally but have tons of stuff happening up in my mind