PDA

View Full Version : Curious!

Rye
02-19-2008, 02:47 PM
Does anyone else here like to highlight lines and passages in novels that they really really like? Something that pops, or just sounds incredible? It's a habit I've been trying to get myself into lately, marking up books, and it seems to finally have caught hold on me while I was reading some more of Pnin, by Vladimir Nabokov.

Tell us something weird you do when you come across something you like, whether it be writing, TV, music, photography, whatever! :jess:

Roto13
02-19-2008, 02:56 PM
Type it up in a text file on my computer full of random quotes.

Aerith's Knight
02-19-2008, 02:59 PM
maybe put it in my msn name.. but i have a great memory.. near photographic.. so i usually just remember it.

Rantz
02-19-2008, 03:19 PM
I try to cram it into every space I can to make others aware of it's excellence.

Breine
02-19-2008, 03:37 PM

Yeah something like that. I'd never ever highlight a piece of text in an actual book.. writing it down is good enough for me :)

rubah
02-19-2008, 05:26 PM
I copied about a million lines of quotes out of anna karenina

escobert
02-19-2008, 06:01 PM
If it's a line I really like I usual memorize it.

smittenkitten
02-19-2008, 06:05 PM
I will always love this passage from Helena in Shakespear's "Midsummer Night's Dream".

"Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind;
And therefore is wing'd Cupid painted blind.
Nor hath love's mind of any judgement taste;
Wings and no eyes figure unheedy haste:
And therefore is love to be said a child,
Because in choice he is so oft beguil'd."

I just love passion in which you can say such a part, I highlight it in my mind. :)

Blue Harvest
02-19-2008, 09:05 PM
If I find a good quote anywhere it goes straight into my msn name. I had a quote there from 8 bit theatre for about a month once xD

Comet
02-19-2008, 09:57 PM
Memorise it and include it in one of my jokes ;)

Quindiana Jones
02-19-2008, 10:14 PM
"But I, being poor, have only my dreams. I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly, because you tread on my dreams.”

I post them in internet forums.

Ouch!
02-19-2008, 10:42 PM
I can't bring myself to take a pen to a book. It's like... sacrilege.

Caraliz
02-20-2008, 12:55 AM
I agree with Ouch! xD

I usually just write it down.

Yamaneko
02-20-2008, 01:21 AM
I don't like writing in books. It seems disrespectful.

Vermachtnis
02-20-2008, 01:23 AM
Make it my sig in GameFAQs.

Shiny
02-20-2008, 02:06 AM
I memorize lines I've liked from movies, shows, books and video games. These lines often find their way into my daily conversations with people. And if I REALLY like a line, I'll repeat it whenver possible or sometimes even at completely random times. Ya dig?

Tavrobel
02-20-2008, 02:08 AM
I memorize it and never bother to use it.

Highlighting or any form of writing in a book destroys the resale value and the integrity and the impeccable necessity of cleanliness I require of my books. I can't stand it. And frankly, I find the act distasteful at best. One can only imagine what I think of people who do write in their books.

Evastio
02-20-2008, 02:17 AM
Come to think of it there's this one really awkward line that I find neat.

Unacceptable. I'd choose my own destruction over that. To live as a passive observer? There must be a game. If there is no game there's nothing for me.
I know it's weird but I find that line awesome.

I don't like writing in books. It seems disrespectful.
Me too. Even if it's mine I'm still against writing in books. Anything that should be written in a book usually is already written in it.

Jess
02-20-2008, 03:17 AM
I don't write in books, but if I want to remember something I'll write it down elsewhere (usually on my phone because I always have it with me). :jess:

Strawberry_Mew
02-20-2008, 06:23 AM
I usually put it in my MSN name or on my Journal Title lol

Madame Adequate
02-20-2008, 01:27 PM
I don't write in regular books, but if I'm using one for research I might.

I tend to memorize lines or simply find a website which has it on.

Peegee
02-20-2008, 09:10 PM

That would be a good idea.

I just hope I remember it. I never do.

scrumpleberry
02-20-2008, 10:27 PM

That would be a good idea.

I just hope I remember it. I never do.

Sometimes, if it's paticularly spectacular, I will remember it.

CONFESHUNS: Me and my buddies wrote in our Bibles (school necessity) at the end, where it goes "TO EDIT WHAT HAS BEEN WRITTED HERE IS SACRELIGIOUSNESS SO DON'T DO IT," just to be contrary. It was the sort of thing children found funny. I've always had a sort of niggling guilt about that DX

So yeah, if I can help it I don't like to mark books, especially if it isn't only lightly in pencil.