Jess
02-19-2008, 07:14 PM
Are there any movies that make you cry?

I'm a wuss so there are a fair few movies that make me :kaocry:

Armageddon
The Green Mile
Edward Scissorhands
Moulin Rouge

Those are a few of the movies that make me cry. OK GO!

Breine
02-19-2008, 07:26 PM
There are many movies that have made me cry, and I really appreciate that. It just means the movie made an impact on you, and that you're not cold and heartless. Anyway, some of the movies that have made me cry are (on the top of my head):

- My Dog Skip (I've cried to this movie so many times.. like ugly cry)
- Brokeback Mountain
- Big Fish
- Finding Neverland
- Million Dollar Baby
- Babel

.. there are definitely more, but those were the ones I could remember.

Marshall Banana
02-19-2008, 07:26 PM
<ul style="list-style-image: url(http://www.JEREMYTIME/mondatime/strawberry.gif)"><li>The Fox and the Hound</li><li>Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs</li><li>Terminator 2</li></ul>

Jess
02-19-2008, 07:32 PM
The Lion King (when Mufasa dies :kaocry:)

El Bandito
02-19-2008, 07:46 PM
Brian's Song

JKTrix
02-19-2008, 08:01 PM
I cried the first time I saw The Last Samurai. I probably wouldn't again though.

IronOcean
02-19-2008, 09:02 PM
I have only cried at one movie ever and i have never known why. The movie Hardball with keanu reeves (i know) only one ever and everytime i watch it lol

charliepanayi
02-19-2008, 09:07 PM
Nothing's ever really made me cry (not since being a child anyway lol), but I find some stuff really moving. The endings of ET and The Truman Show especially.

Captain Maxx Power
02-19-2008, 09:34 PM
I cried during The Matrix Revolutions, but for all the wrong reasons.

I Am Stoner
02-19-2008, 09:35 PM
Saving Private Ryan
Gladiator
Meet Joe Black (Cant believe I just admited that)
charlotte's web (C'mon man, I was 7 ;__; )

Quindiana Jones
02-19-2008, 10:22 PM
These films don't make me cry, as such, but they do make my throat tighten up a bit:

Saving Private Ryan
Forrest Gump
The Green Mile

I'm quite good at putting myself in other's shoes in certain situations, so I find it easy to imagine what the characters are thinking and feeling.

Tallulah
02-19-2008, 11:12 PM
- Beaches. It even makes my dad cry. :D

- Ghost. At the end when Patrick Swayze says goodbye to Demi Moore/ :cry:

- I cried tghe first time I saw Love Actually. I'd just moved up from London and was feeling homesick, so that was probably why. :P

- Also, what Maxx said about Revolutions! :p

Germ Hamee
02-19-2008, 11:20 PM
I consistently cry during Big Fish and The Fountain, no matter how many times I see either movie. But it's usually during the most unexpected moments.

And I think The Hours is a very moving film.

Cz
02-19-2008, 11:27 PM
"Wiiiiilllsooooooooon!!!" :weep:

Jess
02-19-2008, 11:35 PM
- Ghost. At the end when Patrick Swayze says goodbye to Demi Moore :cry:

"Wiiiiilllsooooooooon!!!" :weep:
:kaocry2:

Aerith's Knight
02-19-2008, 11:36 PM
There is only one thing that made me cry.. and that was a game.

but i will never divulge which one it is..

Momiji
02-20-2008, 02:02 AM

Let me guess. Is it Final Fantasy VII, where Aeris gets stabbed?

Vermachtnis
02-20-2008, 02:22 AM
Didn't really cry, but try going through Grave of the Fireflies and not getting tight throated.

Boney King
02-20-2008, 03:20 AM

Curse you and your crafty riddles!

No crying movies here, although the ending of Requiem For A Dream left me with the ghastliest feeling in my heart and stomach, like they were turning inwards. What a bleak, fantastic climax.

Aerith's Knight
02-20-2008, 05:46 AM

ironically.. no.. did blink away a tear.. but only the first time..

this one is way more emotional.. reported to have full grown bear of men crying like babies.. which is understandable if you played it.

it is however 10 years old.. not 11 like FFVII.. and the main character is posted in anime prettiness thread

Breine
02-20-2008, 08:21 AM
Didn't really cry, but try going through Grave of the Fireflies and not getting tight throated.

Yeah, although I didn't cry it's definitely a very sad and tragic movie.

PeneloRatsbane
02-20-2008, 02:23 PM
Kill Bill, when she Kills bill, dunno it just gets me everytime for some reason.

Shauna
02-20-2008, 05:02 PM

Yes. ;_;

The Green Mile
AI (I was young and it was sad :( )
Grave of the Fireflies
Pan's Labyrinth

There aren't too many more... Oh! *edits*

Araciel
02-20-2008, 05:36 PM
What Dreams May Come.

Quindiana Jones
02-20-2008, 05:40 PM
What Dreams May Come.

The wet ones?

Araciel
02-20-2008, 05:43 PM
What Dreams May Come.

The wet ones?

About you're mom?

Quindiana Jones
02-20-2008, 06:01 PM
Are there any other kind?

Necronopticous
02-20-2008, 06:08 PM
Atsushi Sanada's "<A href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22fSspZCA-c">Say, Marimo</A>" is a short film of only about eleven minutes, but it's the most tearjerking piece of film I can think of at the moment. I would go so far to say that if you don't cry when you watch this, there's a pretty good chance that you're dead inside.

escobert
02-20-2008, 06:19 PM
Patch Adams made me cry ;_;
Oh and I had to stop myself towards the end of I Am legend.

Aerith's Knight
02-20-2008, 06:28 PM
What Dreams May Come.

The wet ones?

About your mom?

Marshall Banana
02-20-2008, 10:15 PM
Atsushi Sanada's "<A href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22fSspZCA-c">Say, Marimo</A>" is a short film of only about eleven minutes, but it's the most tearjerking piece of film I can think of at the moment. I would go so far to say that if you don't cry when you watch this, there's a pretty good chance that you're dead inside.
Don't watch this; it will kill you inside. =O

Shauna
02-20-2008, 10:24 PM
Don't watch this; it will kill you inside. =O

Too late. :cry:

Gilghamut
02-21-2008, 06:32 AM
For me some are:

The Lord of the Rings
Terminator 2
The Green Mile
American Beauty
Gladiator
V for Vendetta
With Honors
Deep Impact and Armageddon

Araciel
02-21-2008, 06:41 AM
What Dreams May Come.

The wet ones?

About your mom?

YOU RUIN EVERYTHING

Loony BoB
02-21-2008, 01:21 PM
Nope, never cried at a movie. I think the saddest movies I can recall would be I Am Sam, though.

Rianoa
03-02-2008, 07:25 PM
erm this is such a girly thing to say titanic and the robot boy (cant remeber name) made by stephen speilberg wer he wants to be loved by his mum but she doesnt love him *crys loudly*

Aerith's Knight
03-02-2008, 07:31 PM
What Dreams May Come.

The wet ones?

About your mom?

YOU RUIN EVERYTHING!

Jule
03-02-2008, 07:38 PM
Atonement is very upsetting; probably the only movie I could shed a tear over without shame.

scrumpleberry
03-02-2008, 08:12 PM
I never ever ever ever cry at movies or books or games. Some music has made me come prety close, but I do not cry at media. It's weird, I know loads of people who do.

Shoeberto
03-03-2008, 01:14 AM
No crying movies here, although the ending of Requiem For A Dream left me with the ghastliest feeling in my heart and stomach, like they were turning inwards. What a bleak, fantastic climax.
Ugh. Requiem for a Dream killed me on the inside. After I watched it the first time I knew it was a fantastic movie and even went out and bought it, but the DVD went unwatched for about four years because I could never put myself in the mood to sit through it. The part towards the end when Marion and Harry are on the phone? That wrecked me.

When Allie said she wanted to watch it about a few months back, I felt like I committed a crime towards the end because of how much of a wreck she was at the end - she was pretty much literally in a ball crying into my chest for a good while afterwards.

Requiem for a Dream is a sad movie.

I consistently cry during Big Fish and The Fountain, no matter how many times I see either movie. But it's usually during the most unexpected moments.

And I think The Hours is a very moving film.
Big Fish and The Fountain are both ones where I think if I wasn't watching it with someone and being afraid of seeming immasculated I probably would've totally broke down. Big Fish moreso than The Fountain, mostly because I think The Fountain falls apart towards the end. But it still has its moments.

And I'm probably the only guy who will ever own up to this, but... The Notebook. Mostly because the only things I knew about it were misconceptions and I had no idea what they were going for until towards the end when I got all sad.

~*~Celes~*~
03-03-2008, 02:29 AM
-The Notebook. EVERY. SMURFING. TIME.
-Titanic
-Tristan & Isolde
-The Patriot [when Heath Ledger's character dies...ironic :cry:]
-I Am Sam [;-;]

Momiji
03-03-2008, 02:43 AM

ironically.. no.. did blink away a tear.. but only the first time..

this one is way more emotional.. reported to have full grown bear of men crying like babies.. which is understandable if you played it.

it is however 10 years old.. not 11 like FFVII.. and the main character is posted in anime prettiness thread

Is it when Mukki and his gang of men have an orgy on Cloud? I cried then. "OH GOD...OH GOD...MAKE IT END!!!!! :cry: "

Araciel
03-03-2008, 09:30 AM
I just watched Click and it made me cry a litte...not because it sucked either.

Aerith's Knight
03-03-2008, 03:32 PM
Is it when Mukki and his gang of men have an orgy on Cloud? I cried then. "OH GOD...OH GOD...MAKE IT END!!!!! :cry: "

lol there i just closed my eyes and waved my hands to make it go away :p..

I bet cloud was doing the same thing =)

anyway, If you hadnt looked it was a game called Kana:imouto

Vermachtnis
03-03-2008, 03:41 PM
Is that Little Sister Kana? If that's it, I have heard terrible thing about it. I don't mean terrible that it was bad (in fact I heard it was great), but terrible depressing things.

Aerith's Knight
03-03-2008, 03:44 PM
Is that Little Sister Kana? If that's it, I have heard terrible thing about it. I don't mean terrible that it was bad (in fact I heard it was great), but terrible depressing things.

as I said before, It was great, I played it many times, but very sad. you have 6 seperate endings. In 5 of them she dies. In one she lives(you have to do 2 in where she dies first though), but it still makes you feel sad.

Its not really depressing.. maybe a little.. its more like moving. As i said.. first and last time i cried.(btw me crying is blinking away a few tears =P)