PDA

View Full Version : what was

rubah
02-20-2008, 12:09 AM
the prettiest sunset you ever saw?

Captain Maxx Power
02-20-2008, 12:14 AM
The one when I stared the sun down at 1pm during the height of summer when it was getting in my eyes.

Quindiana Jones
02-20-2008, 12:19 AM
I've probably seen better, but the most memorable one was when I was flying back home from Canada, and the Sun set whilst I was flying. But, due to time zones lark, it stayed at that "just set" phase for two hours before rising again. That was pretty awesome.

Aerith's Knight
02-20-2008, 12:22 AM
On the canarian islands.. on our hotel you could sit on the edge of the building and put your feet on the roof. youd have a view of the sea. I was looking at the sunset over the sea, with my gf back then sitting next to me, leaning on my shoulders.

a nice breeze at 70 F.. it was the best day ever

Jess
02-20-2008, 12:23 AM
I saw a pretty sunset from the top of the Arc de Triomphe, Paris last week. :jess:

Rye
02-20-2008, 12:38 AM
The sunsets I saw at sea when I went on my cruise to the Carribeans.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j44/ryevaca/tr110.jpg

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j44/ryevaca/tr106.jpg

Caraliz
02-20-2008, 12:45 AM
Those are pretty, Rye. :jess:

I haven't really ever seen pretty sunsets. :(

Namelessfengir
02-20-2008, 04:41 AM
i get really good ones during the summer up on the hill

didn't have any pics so ill drop a sunrise

Randgris
02-20-2008, 05:17 AM
The famous Sunset at the Manila Bay, one of the most beautiful sunsets in the world (IMO). I didn't take the picture but it is what I usually see.

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p162/gogoy_e/SunsetManilaBay.jpg

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s191/prettybevs/CIMG0113.jpg

Avarice-ness
02-20-2008, 05:27 AM
I found this picture on Google, but from and looks like nearly all the sunsets you see on a pretty day back in my childhood town of South Padre Island. So the fact it's from the South Padre and I have memories exactly like that means it's good enough even if I don't have any pictures of my own!
I used to live across the street from the beach, so seeing a sunset like this was a normal occurance.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g89/crimsonh2o/1671879791_27ce6be77d.jpg

Strawberry_Mew
02-20-2008, 06:11 AM
I like some of the sunsets this winter. it looked very pretty with the ice and snow

smittenkitten
02-20-2008, 09:06 AM
I've probably seen so many but I think the best ones would of been in Arran or when I was on holiay in the canary islands. The harbour would be glowing orange. :)

Iceglow
02-20-2008, 02:51 PM
I have to say my best was definitely when I was in cornwall a few years back sitting on the cliff top near newquay watching the sun sink to the west, I used to have this huge fascination with sunsets, as I still do when my life gets tough. (though I'll still take pictures of pretty awesome ones everyday if I got a good view then I'll snap away with any camera to hand) The fascination was simply because no matter how tough life was for me at that point if i saw the sun set then I had managed another day, and the next could be better.

Marky Tee
02-20-2008, 02:54 PM
last summer when i was on holiday in ibiza
had pics in my phone but left it in the back of a taxi lol

Rye
02-20-2008, 04:10 PM
Do you think there's really a difference in where you are that makes a sunset nicer, or does it just seem nicer when you're not home, and you're waiting for it? *thoughtful*

Sergeant Hartman
02-20-2008, 04:14 PM
There's no sun in Wales, it's nice to watch the rain though.

rubah
02-20-2008, 06:01 PM
Do you think there's really a difference in where you are that makes a sunset nicer, or does it just seem nicer when you're not home, and you're waiting for it? *thoughtful*

well, I think what you're used to can make a difference. I prefer clear startlingly bright color sunsets, so the blurry summer sunsets in ohio are kinda weird looking (but sometimes pretty cool since they last so late). The summer sunsets at my house leave little to be desired since we can't see them very well (in summer the sun sets behind a bunch of trees and more mountains) but in winter when the air is clearer, the colors are much brighter and we can watch the pulsing globe sink behind further off mountains (no trees then!)

So then, if you live in a place that has hazy sunsets, you might prefer those to sharper looking sunsets. (depending on humidity and how much air pollution is in between you and the sun)

The sunsets here at school are very similar to home, except they occur even earlier since there is a big butt hill right behind my dorm, but the colors are nice and they flow straight into the hallway outside my room (the window at the end is nicely aligned for winter sun), which is how I saw the sunset that inspired this thread 8)

I wish I remembered more of what the sunsets in st. croix were. It was a beach sunset so probably very pretty.

escobert
02-20-2008, 06:05 PM
Those are pretty, Rye. :jess:

I haven't really ever seen pretty sunsets. :(
we're gonna see some good ones ;)

~*~Celes~*~
02-20-2008, 08:52 PM
Sorry if it's blurry but it's a webcam shot...Don't have a digital cam of my own yet =D It's the view from my bedroom window.

Prettiest I've ever seen, though, would be the sunset I saw when on a cruise in New York City, as we went by the Statue of Liberty. Just something about the sunset as I gazed upon perhaps one of the most famous symbols of our nation really...struck something in me, you know? It was...Indescribable.

I'll see if I can find a way to get the pic on here off my mom's cell =]

Sunrises? Prettiest one was at about 5:45 am when I was in Pennsylvania on a tour bus on my way to NYC with my band class. We were driving by an area with a few trees but I could still see the sun, for the most part. At about 5 am, I woke up out of a deep sleep just as dawn was first appearing. I smiled, sat up in my seat, briefly glanced at my best friend who was asleep in the seat next to me to see if she was awake or not, then looked all around and saw that I was, indeed, the only one awake. It was quiet...And I felt...Like I was with my family. (Those of you who are in band know what I mean when I repeat something that I was told my first day of summer practice, freshman year: "The Band is like one big, happy family.") I sat there and just took in the silence, admiring how even though I was far away from my real family, I still had a piece of home with me...in the form of 50 other people.

I took my mom's cell phone out of my pocket at about 5:30 (everyone was still asleep) and decided to text Alan. Forgetting that it was Thursday and that he was in class by this time, I sent him a good morning text. I mentioned I was the only one awake and that I was watching the sunrise, and I could only think about how it'd be absolutely perfect if he were there...and he said 'You look beautiful in the sunlight...*kiss*"

Needless to say, he got caught texting in class xD But that was, by far, my favorite and most memorable sunrise ever, and I can't wait to experience more like that one.

I will post pics of that sunrise when I get mom's cell to connect to the computer =]

Blue Harvest
02-20-2008, 08:55 PM
Probably a few summers back when me and my best friend were on our way to the pub. It wasn't that special but it did make us stop in the middle of the road and stare at it for a few minutes until a few drivers started getting angry :p

Shiny
02-20-2008, 09:04 PM
The sunsets where I live are always a beautiful mixture of purple, pink and orange during the summer. :love:

rubah
02-21-2008, 04:35 AM
picturespam:

College
http://www.snowy-day.net/pictures/nature/sunsetmirror.jpg
Ohio
http://www.snowy-day.net/pictures/summar/ohiosunset.jpg
Home
http://www.snowy-day.net/pictures/nature/rainclouds3.jpg

I want to say the ohio picture is at least three hours after the one I took at home; you can see how the lack of trees and mountains lets the midwest sun shine much longer.

The building at the bottom of the college picture is a basketball arena. Everything looks short from the seventh floorxD

Araciel
02-21-2008, 06:28 AM
I don't let the sun go down on me.

lawl

Yamaneko
02-21-2008, 06:31 AM
Sunsets are for chumps.

fire_of_avalon
02-21-2008, 07:08 AM
rubah's college sunset looks like the sunrises I remember from elementary school where we got off the bus.

Montoya
02-24-2008, 10:07 AM
July 23, 2006.

Momiji
02-24-2008, 05:08 PM
These were all taken from my backyard. I live about 20 minutes from the city, in a more suburban/rural area. Because of the open space, I get to see pretty sunsets like this almost every summer/autumn evening. The fact that the pond's there makes it that much prettier.