PDA

View Full Version : Lets all bash the moments in these games that should have been left out.

toad626
02-20-2008, 02:50 AM
I was writing in another thread, and thought how about some of the moments that shouldn't ever have been.

My choices go to

1. That laughing scene in X with Tidus and Yuna what the hell was that?
2. IX Zidane teaching Vivi how to take a piss from a cliff. What's next did he give him a reach around?
3. Cloud getting it from a bunch of wrestling dudes. Who's the perve that came up with that one?
4. The whole spaceship scene in #8. Squall you wuss, how do you fail to nail her when you are out all alone in the middle of nowhere?
5. FF Mystic Quest. The whole damn thing.

Your turn.

f f freak
02-20-2008, 03:09 AM
1. Squall and Rinoa's 'Relationship'

That's all I can think of right now.

Disco Potato
02-20-2008, 04:07 AM
I actually like #1-4 in that first post :p. Haven't played Mystic Quest so can't say about #5...

In X-2, in one part Rikku says something like, "Awwww, poopiiiie!" If the game hadn't picked up at the end of the second chapter, that line alone would've both ruined that game and the good memories of X for me :Oo:

Bahamut2000X
02-20-2008, 04:24 AM

Yes.

2. IX Zidane teaching Vivi how to take a piss from a cliff. What's next did he give him a reach around?

3. Cloud getting it from a bunch of wrestling dudes. Who's the perve that came up with that one?

No.

5. FF Mystic Quest. The whole damn thing.

No.

1. Squall and Rinoa's 'Relationship'

God yes. If I wanted to see a bunch of emo and awkward teenagers trying to get it on I'd just turn to the Disney channel or whatever those young people watch now a days.

As for my list. All of X-2. Sorry I say SE should never be allowed to ever play Pretty Princess Dress Up ever again nor ever in the past.

hhr1dluv
02-20-2008, 04:49 AM
I'm just curious...to the many of you who hate FF X-2, what do you think of the FF7 compilation, particularly Dirge of Cerberus? X-2 might have been girly, but I thought the gameplay was fabulously varied and fun. :D

Anyway, unnecessary moments...
1. Erm...I agree that the Cloud in the hot tub scene didn't need to be there, though it was really funny. Why did Square stop putting perverted humor into its games?
2. Leblanc massage scene in X-2.
You know, I can't think of very many. I love pretty much all FF cutscenes, because I hate hate hate HATE crawling through dungeons and fighting through random battles. That might sound ridiculous, I know. But I don't play these games for video game thrills...I play them for stories. :greenking:

Roto13
02-20-2008, 05:00 AM
That tiny moment in Final Fantasy XII where Penelo appears for the first time, puts her hands on her hips, and goes "HMPH!" at Vaan. I think this is her first scene in the game. That moment made me think she'd end up being the token bossy, perky, "energetic" girl character. She ended up being pretty cool, though.

Vermachtnis
02-20-2008, 05:15 AM
I liked that scene in IX where they took a whiz off of some probably important ruins.

And yea I agree the LeBlanc massage should not be in there. I have to mute it everytime. And the opening concert should be taken out.

Monol
02-20-2008, 07:09 AM
When rikku in FFX-2 says "Like *slight blonde pause* what are we going to do?" My heart sank

I cried for weeks. I still dont know why but i just wish that piece of dialouge never existed.

Other then that i cant really think of anything...

Oh im all for banning the laughing scene in FFX or at least redoing it so its not as abnoxious. We could have the hyenas from lion king drunk, high and constipated and it would still sound better IMO.

Roogle
02-20-2008, 04:13 PM
In X-2, in one part Rikku says something like, "Awwww, poopiiiie!" If the game hadn't picked up at the end of the second chapter, that line alone would've both ruined that game and the good memories of X for me :Oo:

Yes. That line is almost like an anachronism. I think that the localization team should have worked harder on making Spira seem like a changing world with parallels to this one rather than making the characters easier to relate to in real world settings.

cloud21zidane16
02-20-2008, 08:06 PM
All of toad626s reasons are some of the funniest/weirdest/and most remembered:p

Aerith's Knight
02-20-2008, 09:12 PM
FFIX - Quina in general.. no addition to the story and i fucking hated levelling that "thing" up.

FFVIII - couldnt they stop giving Zell crack after disc 1?

rubah
02-20-2008, 09:46 PM
any scene ever in which locke and celes are in the same scene together with any sort of hint whatsoever of romance.

Tabris
02-21-2008, 09:45 AM
The fanservice spa scene in X-2.

blackmage_nuke
02-21-2008, 09:50 AM
That scene in x-2 when theyre in the cockpit of the airship and they do a dance before a mission. And that hot spring scene. And that massage leblanc mission. And the percentage meter. Alot of the game actually.

And near the beginning of X when you see tidus eating on the albhed ship. It sort of looks un natural watching him eat. And the choking afterwards.

NeoCracker
02-21-2008, 11:34 AM
The Entirety of VIII

Laughing Scene in X.

The Entirety of X-2.

The Aerith Dying Scene in VII. Not because I like Aerith, but I feel her death should have been far more brutal, and a pansy no-blood stab isn't enough to satisfy my hate.

Vivisteiner
02-21-2008, 12:05 PM
Final Fantasy X - the laughing scene
Final Fantasy X-2 - the whole game
Final Fantasy VIII - Squall and Rinoa's 'relationship'

Clawsze
02-21-2008, 11:19 PM
I will go through each FF to find something retarded...

I: The lack of challenge in the GBA remake.
II: The levelling system.
III: Scholar class and backstories.
IV: Any dialouge apart from Tellah....."YOU SPOONY BARD!!!" lol, joke, I mean the cliche relationship triangle, or how it was pulled off.
V: meh, can't think.
VI: ^^^^^^^^^
VII: Aeris death scene could of had some gore, i mean, they can't have been that succky at graphics!
VIII: Most of the game.
IX: Quina and the lack of Vivi being uber outside of battle.
X: Laughing scene and Tidus in general.
X-2: Most things.
XI: DAMN MMORPGS!!!
XII: Vaans sexual ambiguity.
XIII: The fact that this thing is making me die of not getting it for ages. And that I'll need to fork out Ł300 t least to get a PS3 for it.

PeneloRatsbane
02-22-2008, 12:24 AM
VI: too many characters
VII: Vincents stupid Lucrecia obsession, i know its what drove him and all but it did make him annoying
VIII: "i love Squall like a brother" cop out from Quistis, weak
IX: Quina
X: Tidus's outfit, its just lame
Khimarhi, just hate that thing
XII: Ashe's "Balllthierrr" seemed out of character and rude, Fran was right there by his side and Ashe didn't give a damn,

Big D
02-22-2008, 10:07 AM
I was writing in another thread, and thought how about some of the moments that shouldn't ever have been.

My choices go to

4. The whole spaceship scene in #8. Squall you wuss, how do you fail to nail her when you are out all alone in the middle of nowhere?

Your turn.That's actually pretty funny. I like most of those scenes, but the urination sensation was both unsettling and wholly expendable.

The Huge Materia sub-plot in FFVII felt a bit surplus to requirements, sort of like it was there to add a bit of extra conflict and action without much relevance to the main story.

Roto13
02-22-2008, 02:34 PM
The entirety of your favourite Final Fantasy.

Sarc the Swordsman
02-23-2008, 12:51 AM
The laughing scene in FFX, the whole of FFX-2, and the character Vincent from FF7.

The laughing scene was just embarassing to watch, I had to turn to volume right down and wait for it to end. Plus, Tidus was whiny and annoying throughout almost all the game.

FFX-2...ugh, decent game I suppose; but it was way too overly feminine and non serious. A poor sequel.

Vincent...I just found him annoying, luckily he was only an optional character in the game.

JeonRina14
02-26-2008, 06:43 PM
I personally just could of done without X-2. I was perfectly content with tidus being 'dead' and wished there was no option for him to come back.

ReloadPsi
02-26-2008, 08:02 PM
Zidane losing his mind and telling his comrades that they're all assholes. He turned this way in less time than it took to read that last sentence, and he turns back in the time it takes to read this one. It's almost as if they thought "Wait, :skull::skull::skull::skull:, this game's too cheerful. Needs moar emo!" No matter how many people explain and "justify" this scene, I still cannot stand it. It's just far, far too random. If I want random I'll go watch GoGo Sentai Boukenger thanks.

Let's see, anything from another game...

Oh yeah, the Ice Cave in FF1. Nearly every enemy has instant death or petrify attacks, before you can acquire Ribbons and Protect Rings. Lovely.

A fair few of the "defense" scenes in FF4. The second time I played through, I wanted to just run straight to the crystal room of each kingdom, grab the damn crystal, toss it at the enemies and yell "Just take it! We'll just come and kick the final boss' ass anyway!"

Forsaken Lover
02-26-2008, 08:07 PM
You do realize Garland was also attempting to rip out Zidane's soul and turn him into a mindless drone like the others, right?

That might have helped a bit.

ReloadPsi
02-26-2008, 09:20 PM
You do realize Garland was also attempting to rip out Zidane's soul and turn him into a mindless drone like the others, right?

That might have helped a bit.

For the last mothersmurfing time I understand the entire scene. Doesn't stop ME from THINKING that it's utterly goddamn pointless. You know when Cloud goes through a third of the game having no idea why he handed Sephiroth the Black Materia, or why he attempted to kill Aeris? Terra spending more than half her game feeling demonised? Cecil's misgivings about being a Dark Knight? Whereas Zidane goes doo-lally for about five minutes? The fact that the scene is incredibly short and is then completely discarded and ignored throughout the rest of the game is my biggest beef of all.

Brief synopsis: Zidane, wanting revenge on Garland for all the trouble caused, chases after him. Zidane actually lists every party member, talking about how important they are. Garland decides "Oh okay, I'll rip your soul from your body" and Zidane passes out. Zidane still remembers his friends but doesn't get it because he hasn't got a soul, causing him to express hate towards them (You're all a bunch of babysitting bastards!). Steiner, Dagger and Quina give him a right rollocking and he gets his "soul" back. Zidane is back to the exact same state he was before the scene took place, except since he made a touching friendship speech before it, he obviously doesn't really need to make another one.

Other than showing that Garland seriously sucks at breaking people, what was the point of that scene?

Ah, I guess that was the point. I mean, he sucked out Zidane's soul and all it took was a speech like "You're our friend man, we love you very much" which must happen to be phonetically identical to an ancient incantation that restores souls into their original bodies. Garland, you are so lame!

I revoke my previous two cents, and say Garland from FFIX. Kuja and Brahne took the spotlight for two and a half discs (give or take, Brahne died at the end of disc 2) and then Garland appeared for five minutes, failed to break Zidane and then died when your little group of pwnies ran into him.

Forsaken Lover
02-26-2008, 10:39 PM
For the last mothersmurfing time I understand the entire scene. Doesn't stop ME from THINKING that it's utterly goddamn pointless. You know when Cloud goes through a third of the game having no idea why he handed Sephiroth the Black Materia, or why he attempted to kill Aeris? Terra spending more than half her game feeling demonised? Cecil's misgivings about being a Dark Knight? Whereas Zidane goes doo-lally for about five minutes? The fact that the scene is incredibly short and is then completely discarded and ignored throughout the rest of the game is my biggest beef of all.

Um, Cloud handed Seph the Black Materia and the next time we see him is his little thing with Tifa where he remembers everything...
Plus he never wondered why he tried to kill Aeris. In fact, that whole thing was forgotten in the wake of Seph actually killing her.

And no, it's not discarded. There was nothing more to be said about it...it be like right before the final battle with Jecht, Tidus goes "hey Yuna, remember that time in the spring?" Or before the party fights Ultimecia, Squall goes "hey Rinoa, remember that time I carried you to Esthar?"
The player remembers these and they don't need to be said later on.

Other than showing that Garland seriously sucks at breaking people, what was the point of that scene?

Kinda bovious...the theme song of the title screen is called "A Place I'll Return to Someday" and we get the little story Zidane tells Garnet about the home he went searching for.
He's finally presented with the home he had longed for and he learns his only reason to live is to kill everyone he knos and loves.
That scene is him putting his former dream of a home behind him and settling on he has a home already with all his friends who will stick with him no matter what he is or how he is.

I revoke my previous two cents, and say Garland from FFIX. Kuja and Brahne took the spotlight for two and a half discs (give or take, Brahne died at the end of disc 2) and then Garland appeared for five minutes, failed to break Zidane and then died when your little group of pwnies ran into him.

He also was the one who nearly killed Kuja and the party, destroyed Alexander and Alexandira's Castle and well, was intimidating because he was the guy Kuja ranted about for a good bit of Disc 3. Then we find out what he is and what he's doing.
His role in the game as about as vital as Yunalesca's in FFX.

jammi567
02-26-2008, 11:25 PM
Practicaly all of the compinlation of FFVII (apart from AC, which is the only thing in the series to not recon or contridict something previously mentioned).

I don't know why people hate X-2 for being cheerful. At least it makes a change from every other god-damn game in the series.

ReloadPsi
02-27-2008, 12:27 AM
Um, Cloud handed Seph the Black Materia and the next time we see him is his little thing with Tifa where he remembers everything...

Right after the Temple of the Ancients is when he first does it, and he acts pretty trippy for a while after that, and then we start to learn more about the guy. What I'm getting at with Zidane is that he receives absolutely no development of any kind in the "You're Not Alone!" scene. Read the Brief Synopsis again; he's giving friendship speeches and happy pep talks before he loses it, does a complete 180 for about five minutes then switches back. The scene is just so random. This happens in a game that I do like, but I am sure that if it happened in a film or game someone didn't like, anyone would use it as ammunition to slag it off, but because people like the game (and because, frankly, the tune is awesome) they have to somehow cling to even the most poor writing. As a 22 year-old Power Rangers fan I know all about bad writing, believe me :p

Elly
02-27-2008, 01:48 PM
the entirety of FF IX... i mean who didn't let out an exasperated groan when Garnet decided to go by "Dagger" essentialy makeing her even more cliche`, hell IX barely qualifies as a game yet people treat it like it's the best thing since sliced bread in the FF line of games... it's ability system is severely limited, clunky and completely unnecessary, and a Trance system that's all but useles since you never get a chance to use it really kills the game, not to mention really horrible characters like Quinna (an insult to Androgynes worldwide) and that rat/chicken hybrid thing that's supposed to be a Dragoon, i like fantasy games as much as the next person but this one was just so bad... i can't see how people can give great games like VIII, X, X-2, and XII so much drek then laude something as horribly concieved as IX...

Roogle
02-27-2008, 04:47 PM
the entirety of FF IX... i mean who didn't let out an exasperated groan when Garnet decided to go by "Dagger" essentialy makeing her even more cliche`, hell IX barely qualifies as a game yet people treat it like it's the best thing since sliced bread in the FF line of games... it's ability system is severely limited, clunky and completely unnecessary, and a Trance system that's all but useles since you never get a chance to use it really kills the game, not to mention really horrible characters like Quinna (an insult to Androgynes worldwide) and that rat/chicken hybrid thing that's supposed to be a Dragoon, i like fantasy games as much as the next person but this one was just so bad... i can't see how people can give great games like VIII, X, X-2, and XII so much drek then laude something as horribly concieved as IX...

I see your point, Elly. I had a problem with the diversity of the cast of Final Fantasy IX, too. I do not like it when animals, robots, or monsters join the party, so imagine my surprise when I found out that there's only a handful of human-looking playable characters! I wanted to play a game with a cast I can relate to, not a zoo!

Wolf Kanno
02-27-2008, 06:05 PM
Things that should be removed...

FFX, well the entire game cause its a damn tech demo but if I can't have that, at least Yuna cause she's damn annoying and doesn't have the personality (or any) to make you seriously believe she could go through the pilgrimage.

FFIX, Garnet cause she's a smurfing pain in the ass thats constantly causing problems (bash her brains in and tie her to Steiner's back so she can't wander off and cause problems) I also would remove the fact that Zidane's story is almost exactly the same as Vivi's!!! (Hi, I'm an artificial being created as a weapon to cause chaos and destruction in Gaia! Hey, so am I!:eek: ) I don't mind when games rip off ideas and story elements from one another but not in the same game people...

VIII, any allusions of there being a love triangle cause none of them went anywhere so what was the bloody point in mentioning the possibility in the first place?!

VII, Tifa withholding the truth from Cloud about what went down in Nibelheim. Her efforts to try and tell him were too few and unsincere for me to buy into the plot twist. I also hate the flashback scene where Cloud overpowers Sephiroth and knocks him into the Lifestream. It just made Seph look like a wuss and made the idea that Cloud couldn't join SOLDIER more unbelievable (at least third class). Though I hate retconning established stories, this was one of the few I didn't mind. It should have gone down like it did in Last Order (imagine my surprise when I learned CC retcons that scene back to the original Ugh...) Also the Compilations cause I hate when people go back to established stories and start adding things. especially when it wrecks havoc on canon. Why do we have Genesis all of a sudden? If it was such a big deal, why was there no mention of it in the main game? (well obviously cause this plot element wasn't written yet at the time of the original). It cheapens the game especially since the prequels and sequels are focusing on that, it makes the events of VII seem like a minor incedent compared to the growing threat of Genesis... If you're going to write sequels and prequels to an older and established story, don't add to it. Just write what already exists within the canon and personal mythology of the story. Especially since VII is pretty damn rich with such elements so adding bull:skull::skull::skull::skull: like Genesis is unecessary... Also the fact that the world design has changed since the Compilations were introduced. In the original it was a steam punk setting with pipes and smoke and coal. It was pretty gritty and cool. In the Compilations, technology looks like something out of VIII and X. Clean cut and much farther along than the original game would suggest was possible in the story. I love steampunk so for the world design to change to clean cut sci-fi bull:skull::skull::skull::skull: was a major disappointment. *end rant*

These are all I can think about off the top of my head I'm afraid. I'll add more later...

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-27-2008, 06:10 PM
I see your point, Elly. I had a problem with the diversity of the cast of Final Fantasy IX, too. I do not like it when animals, robots, or monsters join the party, so imagine my surprise when I found out that there's only a handful of human-looking playable characters! I wanted to play a game with a cast I can relate to, not a zoo!It's a fantasy setting.

Roogle
02-27-2008, 06:24 PM
It's a fantasy setting.

I am aware of its fantastic nature and I wish that it did not bother me, but I do not like it when animals, robots, or monsters join the party. It is more of a problem with aesthetics rather than the storyline, as I doubt I would have as much of a problem with it in a novelization of the game or something.

Forsaken Lover
02-27-2008, 08:49 PM
You must have really hated FFVII. It was the one with animals and robots in the party. FFIX had two "animals" i guess but no robots or monsters.
Plus things like Red XIII are more out of place in the rrealistic world of FFVII.

Vivisteiner
02-27-2008, 10:22 PM
Whoa, is it me or are we playing Final Fantasy.

And to say that just because someone looks different you cant relate to him sounds border line prejudice. Imagine saying that about a black or brown character....

"I dont like foreign looking people in the party. I want a white cast which I can relate to, not a load of foreign looking people."

Im not accusing you of anything, I just find the comparison interesting.

I mean, its not as if the characters in FFIX had completely alien emotions in comparison to humanity.

Anyway, as Im sure you know, I think Final Fantasy IX is amazing. And that criticising it because its cliched is unfair, because, unlike other games there was a point to the cliche and it was entertaining. FFVIII, FFX, FFX-2 had horrible cliches of their own which I assume were pretty obvious for most people.

Final Fantasy IX I also think has the greatest depth out of all the Final Fantasys. What at first sight appears to be a simple, typical fantasy tale turns out to be deeper and more developed than any other video game I have played in terms of the concepts it explores. Sure, the plot isn't convoluted or difficult to grasp but I think that enhances the story more than detracting from it. It doesn't feel dumbed down at all, it just feels perfectly finished.

But its not completely typical and I think the ending highlights that. At first, you think the ending is all happy and cliched with a normal 'happily ever after ending.' But I find there is much more depth to it than that and while the story for the main two characters is very resolved, the story for the other characters is less developed and speculative. It provides a nice balance. I especially enjoyed Vivi's role in the end.

As a final point, I'd like to bring up Steiner who is, I think, the most fascinating character of all. What appears to be a one dimensional yet endearing character at the beginning becomes a multi faceted and confused one. Its interesting because I dont think his original personality is his true personality at all. I think during Final Fantasy IX he sort of goes on his quest for enlightenment and I dont think he quite finishes it in the end. But he gets close. He gets close enough without pulling himself away from that deep seated almost spiritual need to be a faithful knight. And yet he still retains his humour throughout.

I think Steiner is sharper than he is taken for.

Elly
02-27-2008, 10:48 PM
i loved Red XIII, and couldn't stand Cait Sith (a robot by the way) for the same reason i can't get into FF IX, game mechanics, i mentioned earlier the mechanics i don't like about IX, seveely limiting Ability System and a completely useless Trance System, which i think sucks on par with Cait Sith's ability to kill the entire party with 1 missed slot in his limit break...

Skyblade
02-27-2008, 10:49 PM
FFX: Seymour. Worst villain in the series, bar none. He had practically no personality, gave boring monologues every time you saw him, and somehow expected everyone to fall in love with him even though he had "villain" written all over him. Oh, and none of his story really made sense.

Vivisteiner
02-27-2008, 11:03 PM
i loved Red XIII, and couldn't stand Cait Sith (a robot by the way) for the same reason i can't get into FF IX, game mechanics, i mentioned earlier the mechanics i don't like about IX, seveely limiting Ability System and a completely useless Trance System, which i think sucks on par with Cait Sith's ability to kill the entire party with 1 missed slot in his limit break...
Strange as this sounds, in the earlier Final Fantasys I didnt care much about gameplay. It was pretty much the story for me.

I didnt like Trance much but I prefered FFIX's battle system to most. Mainly because I enjoy having specific character classes whereas it seems you prefer greater levels of customization where every character starts off initially as the same. I like each character having his own special abilities.

I liked Cait Sith. He was pretty cool and funny. Red XIII was cooler though.

About Seymour, I liked some of his lines a lot. But he really pissed me off when he kept coming back over and over again, lol. My least favourite villain was Ultimecia though, not because she was 'bad' per se but because she didnt evoke much emotion in me.

In FFVII, I didnt like the fact that the story wasnt made compulsory. Key details were easily missed which left the game feeling occasionally like a confused mess.

This topic is so negative. :(

KoShiatar
02-28-2008, 10:07 AM
I found most of FF XII's cutscenes boring. Politic intrigues are really not for me.

Kashaba55
03-19-2008, 09:16 PM
Most of XII story, I mean it was good but too much damn politics if I wanted that I would just watch CNN

Shattered Dreamer
03-20-2008, 12:14 AM
The scene in Final Fantasy X just before you fight Braska's Final Aeon and Tidus says I hate you to Jecht and cries a little. God pull it together you are supposed to be saving the world.

The way all the characters in Final Fantasy IX are made on a smaller scale than in FF VII and VIII. The visuals of scaled down people annoyed me. Characters should be regular size.

The ending in FFXII, I spend 70 hours and get jipped with a poor ending.

Also in FFXII how some of the hunts late on in the game wipe out level 80+ characters so annoying.

Final Boss in FFX-2, after fighting that thing in the Bikaniel desert I expected more from Vegnagun I really did.

Marky Tee
03-21-2008, 11:40 AM
the laughing and whistlein scenes from x
spherebreak and blitzball,could never get into them

running around the sewers at the end of disc one on ff8 your highley trained mercerneries for fucks sake jump the 2 foot gap!!!

cant think of anymore right now

Raebus
03-21-2008, 11:47 AM
The entirety of Final Fantasy 7.

Marky Tee
03-22-2008, 10:28 AM
the very long loading times in ff6
ruined that game for me

Captain Maxx Power
03-22-2008, 12:16 PM
The entirety of Final Fantasy 12.

Fixed for clarity.

Big D
03-22-2008, 01:11 PM
The entirety of whatever game I begrudge for some trivial reason

Fixed for clarity.Fixed for genericality

Raebus
03-22-2008, 01:26 PM
Oh dear, my post has been changed two times.

jammi567
03-23-2008, 12:15 AM
Yeah, quote pyramids are always fun, aren't they. :rolleyes2

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-23-2008, 12:37 AM
The offending posts have been deleted. This thread already has enough off-topic crap (Hint: "This whole game should have been left out!" is missing the point.) without bringing straight-up spam into the equation.

Bakamut
03-23-2008, 02:17 PM
The laughing scenes in FFX. I mean, what the fuck was going on in whoever came up with it's mind?!

leader of mortals
03-23-2008, 02:45 PM
The laughing scenes in FFX. I mean, what the smurf was going on in whoever came up with it's mind?!

I think more than one person there was stoned out of their minds.

Elly
03-23-2008, 04:01 PM
nope even the stoners get emberrased and hope no one else sees them when that scene plays... though the laughing is not supposed to be real, they're obviousely faking it to break the tension since they laugh for real afterwards when the rest of the party is giving them "WTF!" looks...

Captain Maxx Power
03-23-2008, 06:06 PM
The entirety of whatever game I begrudge for some trivial reason

Fixed for clarity.Fixed for genericality

I bloody well beg to differ (external, adult viewpoints of why my opinion is NOT trivial). (http://gamesrants.blogspot.com/2008/02/ten-reasons-why-final-fantasy-12-is-bad.html)

Roto13
03-23-2008, 06:35 PM
(Hint: "This whole game should have been left out!" is missing the point.)

Plus, I can't take any list seriously that actually thinks Final Fantasy XII is badly written, especially next to Final Fantasy IV or VII or Tactics.