PDA

View Full Version : SHIVA BE EVIL

Aerith's Knight
02-20-2008, 05:39 AM
i cant seem to beat shiva xD

I am lvl 24 and 25 on all characters(way more then the 21 i was when i first tried)

i have stupidly bought 2 types of swords together with the ice shields.. the two swords being flareoron and lothorien or something like those names.. I have 1400-1900 hp each.. and only one quickening..

furthermore i do about 250-500 damage.

most characters know curaga and cura.. but the only have around 100 mp

sword strikes against the blizzard guys seems to be immune..

any help would be great

Avarice-ness
02-20-2008, 06:23 AM
I stopped playing FFXII, but I had a quickening on everyone except for fran with levels ranging from 14-20. So quickening raping bosses was awesome. <3

I would say just keep leveling up if anything, just for more quickenings, I realized they're alot more helpful in bulk than in single.

qwertysaur
02-20-2008, 06:26 AM
Do you mean Mateus? That was a hard battle for me as well. The ice shields will help, but try to get quickenings on a few more characters. Then open up the battle with a quickening, and hopefully the ice azers will be killed. Mateus likes to use slow a lot, so use haste on any slowed character. His Blizzaja attack also can cause Sap status, so cast Regen on anybody inflicted to negate that.

If you get more quickenings for your characters you get more MP.

Clawsze
02-20-2008, 07:59 AM
Thundara=Win.
If it has Reflect on, put Reflect on all your characters, then cast on them, it will reflect onto Mateus, problem is, you'll have to heal by potions or reflecting spells off Mateus...which is very risky.

Renmiri
02-20-2008, 02:36 PM
use Belias too

Namelessfengir
02-20-2008, 03:14 PM
have you been item grabbing? the whole way through? if so you should have some stuff that would cause a nice bang

Roogle
02-20-2008, 04:33 PM
most characters know curaga and cura.. but the only have around 100 mp

Playable characters will effectively double and triple their magic points upon learning their second and third Quickenings, respectively. You can win the battle without having to resort to Quickenings if you have the means of lasting longer and enduring the damage rate of the opposition.

Aerith's Knight
02-20-2008, 05:50 PM
*sigh* I guess I'll level up then.. but its so boring -_-

I tried the stratagy of equipping the dawn shard and casting decoy on that person, so that all the little fuzzballs do 0 damage on that guy.. but i still die when she has 1/10th of her life left

Renmiri
02-21-2008, 03:08 AM
Heh, in FFXII you just HAVE TO level up, there's no way around it... Each mission requires 5-6 levels above the last.

Clawsze
03-01-2008, 10:18 PM
Heh, in FFXII you just HAVE TO level up, there's no way around it... Each mission requires 5-6 levels above the last.

AND levellin takes a lot longer in FFXII

Vivisteiner
03-01-2008, 10:24 PM
If you're skillful enough you can win without levelling much at all.

What I did was use a quickening on Mateus + inferno. This left all the surrounding ice azes with a tiny amount of HP. By killing them with your sword and with the correct MP bonus on the liscens board, you then get loads of MP back. Then Mateus on his own shouldnt be too much trouble. Ice shields help but I didnt use them. The thunder spear thing helps as well, but I didnt have that either. Just pound away and heal when necessary. You really shouldnt be dying when its just you vs Mateus. He doesnt pack too much punch.

Aerith's Knight
03-03-2008, 06:27 AM
im lvl 26/27 now and I finally beat her!

stupid shiva put up protego in the very beginning so all my attacks did half damage -_-

i still won by the skin of my teeth :p

vaan with 50 hp and sap, everyone else dead, his last attack. Id already given up. He strikes 4 times with protego worked out, so 4 times 550 damage. 2200 damage and she died ^^

omg how sick was it that she does 1300 damage in the last stages of her life >:[

anyway im glad i made it ^^

ive already played through until that forest with the bomb boss..

but now i only have flame sabers ;__;

ill still have to freaking loot till i can buy 5 ice swords

Clawsze
03-03-2008, 07:44 AM

stupid shiva put up protego in the very beginning so all my attacks did half damage -_-

vaan with 50 hp and sap, everyone else dead, his last attack. Id already given up. He strikes 4 times with protego worked out, so 4 times 550 damage. 2200 damage and she died ^^

omg how sick was it that she does 1300 damage in the last stages of her life >:[

Have you done the Ring Wyrm hunt? The rewards include a Ice Sabre

Aerith's Knight
03-03-2008, 03:29 PM
no.. i never did any quests :p.. id better go look it up.

Devil Shroom
03-03-2008, 04:41 PM

For God's sake it's name is Mateus not Shiva get it right.

Sorry that was annoying me :p.

Aerith's Knight
03-03-2008, 04:45 PM

oh come on. Its shiva for 11 final fantasy's and suddenly its mateus?

same goes for ifrit-belius(or belias)

dont be picky or ill cut your knackers off xD

Mo-Nercy
03-04-2008, 02:14 AM
Mateus is a dude too. xD

This battle was VERY easy for me because I had two Demonsbanes at this point =]

IF you beat the FIRST Demon Wall, you can access a secret section of the tomb which possibly leads to a chest (soft reset if you don't see it) and this chest potentially contains a Demonsbane (59 ATK if I'm not mistaken) which gets you dealing about 500 dmg at this point in the game (which is pretty whoa). The chances as I remember are about 1 in 6, and the chest respawns (which is why I had three) so it's not even that annoying. But beating the first Demon Wall means getting very lucky with Quickenings.

Aerith's Knight
03-04-2008, 03:36 AM
im already doing 500-700 damage by now

Mo-Nercy
03-06-2008, 03:44 AM
Then you'll do even more with a Demonsbane. Unless all your weapons are 59-ish ATK

~Death~Stalker~910
03-21-2008, 06:17 PM
ur jus weak i dont even hav the dust shard yet an im on lvl 20...train man

The Summoner of Leviathan
03-21-2008, 07:01 PM

oh come on. Its shiva for 11 final fantasy's and suddenly its mateus?

same goes for ifrit-belius(or belias)

dont be picky or ill cut your knackers off xD

There is also the fact that in FFXII, if memory serves me correctly, Shiva is the name of an airship of Arcades.

Skyblade
03-21-2008, 11:02 PM
Also, Shiva is an Esper in FFXII:RW. Shiva and Mateus are not the same creature, just as Belias is not Ifrit and Addramallech is neither Ramuh nor Quetzacoatl.

Sword
04-20-2008, 05:35 PM
I believe Shiva would be the female attached to Mateus' body...