PDA

View Full Version : STUPID MATHILDA B1T$4

.:kerrod:.
02-18-2008, 09:52 AM
argh, she's my summoner who im TRYING to get to learn Zodiark, but even though i have Mana Shield, it keeps hitting her HP and killing her:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: why is this?! im about to stab her myself

p.s. MP is full, dont ask

Jowy
02-18-2008, 11:19 AM
Keep hitting the boss who uses it with Mind Break every turn until he uses it. Then it'll feel like less of a truck hitting you and more like a kitten.

02-18-2008, 12:00 PM
speaking of which, i just found a kitten, but it has a collar and wont leave my back verandah, it's so cute, but we cant feed it cos it belongs to somebody else and it will never leave if we do :( :p

anyway, back on topic, although that is a good strategy, i'd really like to know why this isnt working

Roogle
02-18-2008, 05:55 PM
The following is an excerpt from the Battle Mechanics Guide by Aerostar:

[MP Switch] - 400 JP, Time Mage
If you receive HP damage and your CurMP > 0, the damage will
instead be dealt to your MP Br% of the time. This works on
almost _any_ source of damage, including Poison, falling damage,
and self-inflicted damage. It does not, however, work on damage
incurred by other reaction abilities like Hamedo, Counter, and
Meatbone Slash.

I would attribute this anomaly to a relatively low Brave or bad luck.

02-20-2008, 08:06 AM
ah yes, low brave, she was my 'Treasure Hunter' for the other Midlight's Deep stages, and i used 'chicken'/'trepidation' on her to lower it for the good items...it's ok, i got Zodiark and killed that mother xD, the problem never was killing it, but ah well :p i didnt do 'Deep Dungeon' on the PSX game, i did the first 3 levels or something but then got bored and moved on...so this is the first time i've had Zodiark..not too impressed, but you get that...