PDA

View Full Version : Shaving

Breine
02-20-2008, 04:28 PM
Who here besides me dislikes shaving?

I'm just glad that I'm not a girl that also has to shave my legs and arm pits. I literally only shave once a week because I dislike it so.. for some reason I don't like the way my skin feels when I've just shaved - and I have to wait a day or two before I'm comfortable with how I look again (I like the stubbly look).

Sergeant Hartman
02-20-2008, 04:29 PM
shaving screws my skin over :/

XxSephirothxX
02-20-2008, 04:30 PM
Dislike shaving, but like being clean-shaven. So I usually go about three days. Just finished about a minute ago, actually.

Rye
02-20-2008, 04:31 PM
I... actually sort of enjoy shaving. I'm one of those weird girls who abhors any body hair (on me, I don't really mind it on other people so much), so I shave shave shave. I'm not even a hairy girl, despite being half Italian, but still. It'd be a lot easier if I got one of those cool permenant hair removal treatments, on my whole body, except for my head, though.

Quindiana Jones
02-20-2008, 04:43 PM
I shave about every week, too, but I like shaving. I prefer electric because it's fun, and I know that I'll never shave too close and get bluey. Still, there's something satisfying about shaving with a wet razor.

Aerith's Knight
02-20-2008, 04:56 PM
i have to shave every couple of days.. it was fun at first.. but now i hate it.

I dont like to shave, but its a trade off. A growing beard itches like hell, but stubbles are annoying..

in not too long im gonna have to shave every day.. and i dont like that idea :(

SwordFighter_Dago
02-20-2008, 05:05 PM
Actually, the more you shave, the faster the hair grows, or so I've heard. I personally don't mind having to shave, and it actually feels quite good, but it takes away precious computer time. I know, I'm lazy.

Rantz
02-20-2008, 05:18 PM
I've considered the pros and cons of a blowtorch.

Araciel
02-20-2008, 05:20 PM
I have to shave pretty much every day if I want to keep clean-shaven..

It's just one of those things ya gotta do, like showering or eating, you can enjoy it if it's done properly.

Yamaneko
02-20-2008, 05:20 PM
Dislike shaving, but like being clean-shaven. So I usually go about three days.

Behold the Void
02-20-2008, 05:25 PM
There's a constant war going on between my being lazy and my hating having facial hair.

Other factors involve if I'm conducting a more formal interview at any point in the near future.

Araciel
02-20-2008, 05:26 PM
Oh yeah when I had bad bad acne I would never shave...clearly it's the devil.

Seraphic
02-20-2008, 05:30 PM
HATE it.
I allow the stubble to set in for 3 days,but no more then that.
Even that is overstaying its welcome,I believe.
Clean shaven is the way to go.

Madame Adequate
02-20-2008, 05:32 PM
There's a constant war going on between my being lazy and my hating having facial hair.

This.

All over, though. I don't like hair anywhere except my beard, eyebrows, and the top of my head. On the other hand, shaving my legs is a real, real pain, so I don't actually do it very much.

Vermachtnis
02-20-2008, 05:38 PM

Me too. Having a beard is so itchy. But, I've been told I can pull off a beard so it's not too much of a hassel if I don't shave for a few weeks.

escobert
02-20-2008, 06:14 PM
I hate shaving! :skull::skull::skull::skull:s no good! I wish I could grow a beard.

Aerith's Knight
02-20-2008, 06:30 PM
I hate shaving! :skull::skull::skull::skull:s no good! I wish I could grow a beard.

then youd have to shave even more.. like me.. and beard itch.. and look gross

BardTard
02-20-2008, 06:41 PM
I hate shaving but I love having smooth skin. The problem is my leg hair is so rough and thick I'd have to wax it to have really smooth skin. :( Not my thighs though, the hair on my thighs aren't as coarse.

My best friend is a guy and he's really hairy and he shaves his armpits. Our friends think that's kind of weird... of all the places... I remember he shaved his legs once.

Kirobaito
02-20-2008, 06:46 PM
I shave every couple of weeks. I SHOULD shave more, but it always takes too long. So I deal with having thick stubble until I can be arsed enough to do something about it.

Momiji
02-20-2008, 06:51 PM
I like being clean shaven, so I shave every two to three days.

Roto13
02-20-2008, 07:06 PM
I... hate shaving. This is why I have a beard.

Aerith's Knight
02-20-2008, 07:08 PM
I hate shaving but I love having smooth skin. The problem is my leg hair is so rough and thick I'd have to wax it to have really smooth skin. :( Not my thighs though, the hair on my thighs aren't as coarse.

My best friend is a guy and he's really hairy and he shaves his armpits. Our friends think that's kind of weird... of all the places... I remember he shaved his legs once.

*cough*gay*cough*

Rye
02-20-2008, 07:14 PM

*cough*gay*cough*

Goooshhhh, I hate when people say that. Armpit hair is gross, maybe more guys would shave it off if people wouldn't call them gay. SHAVE IT! :kaocry:

LunarWeaver
02-20-2008, 07:27 PM
I too battle hate for facial hair and my abundant barrel of lazy. I usually suck it up and do it every few days anyway.

Aerith's Knight
02-20-2008, 07:29 PM

*cough*gay*cough*

Goooshhhh, I hate when people say that. Armpit hair is gross, maybe more guys would shave it off if people wouldn't call them gay. SHAVE IT! :kaocry:

although that indeed was very gay, i was more referring to the leg shaving.

Madame Adequate
02-20-2008, 07:40 PM

*cough*gay*cough*

although that indeed was very gay, i was more referring to the leg shaving.

Leg shaving is actually fairly gay, I must admit. I just don't care.

Come to think of it I need to shave my armpits. It's awkward to do so, but they're all D: now.

cloud21zidane16
02-20-2008, 07:45 PM
I dont mind it, i normally shave every 3-4 days, i used to get dry skin though and all spots would come up once ive finished:( glad that dosent happen anymore.

Jess
02-20-2008, 08:00 PM
I... actually sort of enjoy shaving. I'm one of those weird girls who abhors any body hair (on me, I don't really mind it on other people so much), so I shave shave shave. I'm not even a hairy girl, despite being half Italian, but still. It'd be a lot easier if I got one of those cool permenant hair removal treatments, on my whole body, except for my head, though.
I'm with Rye on this one, except I'm not half Italian. :jess:

~*~Celes~*~
02-20-2008, 08:30 PM
I shave legs about every 4 days, armpits every 3. My leg hair isn't that bad, most likely due to my moderate percentage of Native American blood, but it starts to itch after a while and it's hard for me to sleep at night =[ Armpit hair grows faster for some reason.

I LOVE my legs when they're freshly shaven <3

Araciel
02-20-2008, 08:41 PM
Keeping our armpit hair is part of what makes us men, although some men should trim it.

o_O
02-20-2008, 08:44 PM
I hate shaving. It irritates my face a lot and is not comfortable. I like having stubble anyway. :p

Aerith's Knight
02-20-2008, 08:46 PM
Keeping our armpit hair is part of what makes us men, although some men should trim it.

seconded

Blue Harvest
02-20-2008, 08:51 PM
I shave about once a week. I look terrible with thick stubble and it itches like mad so it has to be done.

Shiny
02-20-2008, 09:10 PM
Armpit shaving is not gay. No one should have armpit fluff imo, it's just tacky. I shave armpits, arms, legs and wax anything else.

Peegee
02-20-2008, 09:12 PM
I shave when it's uncomfortable. Typically it's every other day.

Being azn is sweet.

Araciel
02-20-2008, 09:22 PM
Being azn is sweet.

You just made milk spray out of my nose.

Tallulah
02-20-2008, 09:28 PM
I shave (legs, underarms) with soap suds; not foam or anything, purely soap suds.

I'm haardcore, me! :p

Rye
02-20-2008, 09:51 PM

Then it's a good thing I'm with a guy who shaves so much, because if all men want big nasty fluffy armpit hair, I'mma go from bi to ELLEN DEGENERES LESBIAN. :kaoclove:

Quindiana Jones
02-20-2008, 09:56 PM
Rye's bi?

Aerith's Knight
02-20-2008, 09:57 PM

Then it's a good thing I'm with a guy who shaves so much, because if all men want big nasty fluffy armpit hair, I'mma go from bi to ELLEN DEGENERES LESBIAN. :kaoclove:

if its that big and nasty you should trim it.. but to shave it is .. weird..

Rianoa
02-20-2008, 09:59 PM
i hate shaving it always hurts no matter how much moisturiser i use its anoyin, but do it otherwise i feel like a tramp

Madame Adequate
02-20-2008, 10:02 PM

if its that big and nasty you should trim it.. but to shave it is .. weird..

I've never proclaimed to be anything other than weird :jess:

Jess
02-20-2008, 10:06 PM
Guys having hair doesn't bother me, like Azar said it's part of what makes them men. I only hate it when a couple of days after shaving facial hair their stubble STABS YOU IN THE FACE WHEN YOU KISS THEM. It's ouchies. :weep:

scrumpleberry
02-20-2008, 10:16 PM
I'm with Rye on this one, except I'm not half Italian. :jess:

Rye
02-20-2008, 10:17 PM
Guys having hair doesn't bother me, like Azar said it's part of what makes them men. I only hate it when a couple of days after shaving facial hair their stubble STABS YOU IN THE FACE WHEN YOU KISS THEM. It's ouchies. :weep:

Well, I love facial hair! Beards are just so cute. :3

That's the one type of non-head hair that I like. xD

Ouch!
02-20-2008, 11:07 PM
I don't mind facial hair, my problem is merely that I cannot manage to actually grow full facial hair. I can't even grow a proper five o'clock shadow; I find myself with gaping holes on my cheeks and the along the sides of my mouth which make almost any facial hair impossible.

Fortunately, my facial hair grows extremely slowly, so I can usually get away with shaving every other or every third day because I'm also in the "too lazy to shave" boat.

Jessweeee♪
02-20-2008, 11:14 PM
I don't like shaving :(

I do shave at least once every week or so, though :P

rubah
02-20-2008, 11:26 PM
Who here besides me dislikes shaving?

I'm just glad that I'm not a girl that also has to shave my legs and arm pits. I literally only shave once a week because I dislike it so.. for some reason I don't like the way my skin feels when I've just shaved - and I have to wait a day or two before I'm comfortable with how I look again (I like the stubbly look).

This post makes me want to go au natural even more :O

Shaving in winter as far as legs go is nonexistant above the knee, and only maybe once a fortnight below.

In summer, my low self-esteem and self-consciousness make shaving a direct relationship to the amount I wear jeans vs. shorts.

The pits I don't really make any concession about. They tend to smell more when they are full of hairs, so I shave them regularly all year.

As for boys and shaving, I don't really see any point unless you're just out to shave that extra slice of wind resistance in running or biking or water resistance in swimming. Maybe I should become a man. A crossdressing man. Hmm.

(Stukisses are nice, stubbly or not. I think I prefer it when he is newly shaven because his aftershave takes me back to those hot ohio nights, but that can't be too often, else the nostalgia is compromised.)

Shauna
02-20-2008, 11:27 PM
Shaving takes up too much time and I hate taking the time to do so, but I like to NOT have hair on my legs/armpits/etc. It's quite a terrible mindset. :(

Jess
02-20-2008, 11:38 PM

Well, I love facial hair! Beards are just so cute. :3

That's the one type of non-head hair that I like. xD
I don't mind beards. It's the 3 days after a shave and the stubble turns into SWORDS and stabs your face off so you get a rash. :(

I love the feel of a guys face after a shave. mmm soft. ^_^

Caraliz
02-21-2008, 12:45 AM
I loathe shaving my legs, so I don't do it often unless I know they're going to be touched. ;p

But armpits is a must must must. I shave them daily. I can't stand armpit hair.

As for facial hair, I love facial hair on men. It's so cute. :jess:

CimminyCricket
02-21-2008, 01:34 AM
Shaving is the devil, I hate having to do it everyday, it sucks. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it. Shaving sucks. Seriously.

blackmage_nuke
02-21-2008, 04:47 AM
I dont shave but if i did im pretty sure it would be one of the things i hate to do

fire_of_avalon
02-21-2008, 04:58 AM
I think everyone should have hairless legs and armpits. And if your armhair is crazy thick, it should go away too. And everyone should pluck their eyebrows into pleasing contours on their faces. And also their mustaches and beards. Then everyone should get oily and wrestle.

Arc_Master_14
02-21-2008, 05:06 AM
I dun like shaving to the point I "forget" so i don't have to do it but my face feels nice after i do it so its a love hate thing

rubah
02-21-2008, 05:15 AM
I think everyone should have hairless legs and armpits. And if your armhair is crazy thick, it should go away too. And everyone should pluck their eyebrows into pleasing contours on their faces. And also their mustaches and beards. Then everyone should get oily and wrestle.

Turkish wrestling 8)

Breine
02-21-2008, 11:53 AM

xD

Faded Tears
02-21-2008, 03:51 PM
I love the way my skin feels after I shave.
I'm just lazy about it.
I shave about twice a week, sometimes less.

And I plucked my eyebrows once...and never again.

Araciel
02-21-2008, 06:12 PM

You're sick. :love:

Goldenboko
02-21-2008, 06:18 PM

*cough*gay*cough*

My brother once shaved off his armpit hair thinking it would make him sweat less.

Instead it made his armpits constantly itchy. This is why I've never even considered the idea of it.

ljkkjlcm9
02-21-2008, 06:19 PM
I shave everyday usually. I don't mind it. Back during military training I got used to shaving just using hot water, no shaving cream or anything. It really cut down on the time I needed and allowed me to do more things quickly. Of course, whenever I'm actively doing anything military, I get that wonderful shadow coming in later in the day, and often have to shave again. That's what happens when you wake up and shave at 5 AM. Every 12 hours or so I'd have to shave to be considered... clean shaven.

I don't really mind it though.

THE JACKEL

Breine
02-21-2008, 06:49 PM
I shave everyday usually. I don't mind it. Back during military training I got used to shaving just using hot water, no shaving cream or anything. It really cut down on the time I needed and allowed me to do more things quickly. Of course, whenever I'm actively doing anything military, I get that wonderful shadow coming in later in the day, and often have to shave again. That's what happens when you wake up and shave at 5 AM. Every 12 hours or so I'd have to shave to be considered... clean shaven.

I don't really mind it though.

THE JACKAL

Wow, that sounds like a nightmare to me.. So glad I'm not in the military :bigsmile:

Zeldy
02-21-2008, 07:32 PM
I have to switch from razor to hair-removing cremes under my arms, otherwise they got all sore, I get a horrid rash eww. I shave my legs every time I shower, unless I'm feeling really lazy or wearing jeans and can get away with it.
etc etc.

Rantz
02-21-2008, 07:51 PM
On a side note, I don't mind hairy ladies at all. Let it grow, I say! It's kinda hot :jokey:

Except beards. I would expect the lady of my life, if ever there is one, to shave off her beard every once in a while.

Breine
02-22-2008, 08:43 AM
On a side note, I don't mind hairy ladies at all. Let it grow, I say! It's kinda hot :jokey:

Except beards. I would expect the lady of my life, if ever there is one, to shave off her beard every once in a while.

http://www.humboldt.edu/~circus/graphics/MonkeyBarrelBeardedLady.jpg

She wants you, Rantzien ;)

Tasura
02-22-2008, 09:46 AM
I don't shave, pure and simple. I just trim my beard once or twice a year with nail clippers. It rarely goes beyond 5-6 inches anyway, and when I do shave, I skip stubble, and go from "clean shaven" to half inch beard.

Rantz
02-22-2008, 10:38 AM
She wants you, Rantzien ;)
She looks like Sam Beam so I'll except her from the no beards rule. :jokey:

Hazzard
02-22-2008, 10:41 AM
I shave my haven forest weekly, and even trim it into styles.

EDIT: Never knew you was talking about facial hair, my bad...

Montoya
02-24-2008, 10:15 AM
I like shaving, it gives me an excuse to use my sexy after shave lotion. Plus it feels sepsi. :D