PDA

View Full Version : "too shocking" A crazy addiction

Hazzard
02-20-2008, 09:06 PM
This kid has a seriously unhealthy obsession with MySpace, he practically lives and breathes it. The video is quite disturbing to watch (no nude, violence or that sort of conduct) but more like an insight on what addictions do to corrupt society, thus making some children anti-social and so on.

Anyway, here's the vid. Enjoy:

Kid Brother is addicted to Myspace - FileCabi.net (http://www.filecabi.net/video/kyvWzJA4.html)

Also, to cover a main topic for this thread, I'll ask you fellow Eoffers what possible mild or to an extent strong addictions you possess, this can range from craving for peanuts to smoking a spliff quite excessively.

Tallulah
02-20-2008, 09:20 PM
That fucking little :skull::skull::skull::skull: better be glad he's not my brother; talking to his family like that was disgusting. Reminded me of a caller at work I was unfortunate enough to have today, she was shouting and swearing at me just like that kid, about not having a telephone line for one fucking day, about how she had no contact with the hospital (the mental hospital, I suspect)

Anyway, that little c**t ought to be shot with his own :skull::skull::skull::skull:! I would have smashed that laptop over his ugly little head!

With any luck in the world, he he will have grown out of it in a few years. Kinda makes me want to delete my own Myspace; I mean I never use it...

EDIT: I just took this way too seriously... O_o

Roto13
02-20-2008, 09:25 PM
I don't have any strong addictions, if you mean to the extent where they drive me crazy or prevent me from functioning in a society or something. I don't even consider my gaming an addiction, really. Just a hobby I'm really into. :P

Also, I have to wonder about the context of that video. It looks to me like that older brother has a real history of being a :skull::skull::skull::skull: and tormenting his younger brother. He's not concerned for his little brother's mental health at all. He's laughing.

EDIT: I should note that the video isn't loading past the 2 minute mark for me. :P

Rantz
02-20-2008, 09:33 PM
Hi, I'm Rantzien and I'm an Internet addict.

Shiny
02-20-2008, 09:37 PM
Stupid Myspace loving child needs anger management. I have an addiction to technology, but when I don't have access to it I don't lose sleep over it and I don't yell excessively either. That's just dumb.

Rye
02-20-2008, 09:38 PM
Internet addiction, for one.

I get VERY intense over various flavors of the week for me. It doesn't matter what it is, a certain book series, Vienna Boys, Grindledore slash fic, whatever. That's not really an addiction, but I do crave that thing for a while.

Quindiana Jones
02-20-2008, 09:41 PM
<s>That kid needs a punch in the face.</s> That was a bit knee-jerk.

But seriously, the whole bunch of them need to be separated forever, and they should all be banned from entering any civilisation or society anywhere. The MySpace kid needs serious help, and the problems he has are probably due to his family tormenting him. We don't know whether MySpace or the bullying came first, though. So who knows.

That whole family is a wreck.

Aerith's Knight
02-20-2008, 09:42 PM
Hi, I'm Rantzien and I'm an Internet addict.

you have to stand up first.. :greenie:

Cookie
02-20-2008, 09:42 PM
That was fucking hilarious, even though it was really poor quality. I didn't need to see the end, though.

scrumpleberry
02-20-2008, 09:48 PM
The most serious things, I think, are temporary mild addictions to certain games which will last for about 2 or 3 weeks of me putting the game in front of things like work and/or food before I get bored and revert to (relatively) normal behaviour. Sometimes I get it with drawing or reading as well. I do get addicted to good quality things quite easily, but it's never serious.

o_O
02-20-2008, 09:52 PM
I get VERY intense over various flavors of the week for me. It doesn't matter what it is, a certain book series, Vienna Boys, Grindledore slash fic, whatever. That's not really an addiction, but I do crave that thing for a while.

Don't trust the Vienna Boys Rye. They aren't who you think. Or Cracker, for that matter.

Jess
02-20-2008, 09:56 PM
The quality of sound in that video was so poor it hurt my ears to listen. The kid is fucking crazy. :jess:

Rye
02-20-2008, 10:03 PM

Don't trust the Vienna Boys Rye. They aren't who you think. Or Cracker, for that matter.

The Vienna Boys are a legion. Vienna Boys do not forget. Vienna Boys are NeoCracker's nipple.

Old Manus
02-20-2008, 10:13 PM
That video is about as genuine as a Labour Party manifesto. Use your brains, guys.

I'm addicted to love. I'm gonna have to face it.

LunarWeaver
02-20-2008, 10:17 PM
I'm addicted to your mom jokes. I even said one in a dream I had a few nights ago.

Coffee is huge too!

But really nothing that gets in the way of my life or endangers our Democracy or something.

Jessweeee♪
02-20-2008, 11:08 PM
Hmm...

Ouch!
02-21-2008, 12:03 AM
I'm addicted to love spuds. I'm gonna have to face it.
The internet and video games. I don't prioritize them over other things, but I spend too much time with both. Still, I don't ever find myself saying, "No, I'd rather sit here in my room surfing the web than going out to dinner."

Strawberry_Mew
02-21-2008, 07:21 AM
That video is nutz man O____O; I like Myspace but not like that....I really don't have any crazy addictions...

Montoya
02-21-2008, 07:29 AM
That kid needs counseling. I like myspace, but damn that's scary.

blackmage_nuke
02-21-2008, 09:44 AM
a) that kid probably would still be an ass without myspace
b) his brother being an ass probably contributes some
c) isnt the last few dozen seconds like child sexual harrasment or something?

Somehow i dont think myspace is entirely the problem.

Anyway i cant think of any addictions off the top of my head.

I dont like myspace either but come on it's his business.

o_O
02-21-2008, 11:03 AM
Well actually having watched the video now, I can honestly say it was the funniest thing I've seen all week. I don't care any more about the social future of our children than I did before though. If it means we get more videos like that, I'm all for MySpace! :p

I'm still not getting one. :p

Tasura
02-21-2008, 11:18 AM
Silly Face. I mostly agree too.

On that note though, I probably have some addictions, but my memory is bad enough that I forget I'm addicted to them, so it all works out in the end.

Edit: On second thought, I probably have a mild addiction to anime, I skip class/sleep to watch anime, though I also skip class/sleep to game, and skip class to sleep. So if anything I've got a negative addiction to class.

Hazzard
02-21-2008, 01:18 PM
Glad to make a few people smile...

Elly
02-21-2008, 02:04 PM
wow, i knew MySpace ppl were crazy but wow... as far as addictions go i do often play games to the point that i sometimes forget to eat, and i drink far more caffeinated beverages than i should...

The Ceej
02-21-2008, 03:29 PM
What? No nudity? No violence? If by "no," you mean "plenty of," I might have to agree with you.

If that boy were my child, it wouldn't have gotten this far. At some point, I'd have taken his computer and put him in his room. If I caught him with a MySpace profile, I would have deleted it. Simple as that. Judging by his behavior and the way his brother interacts with him, I have to blame the parents. Speaking of which, where were the parents?

Hazzard
02-21-2008, 03:31 PM
What? No nudity? No violence? If by "no," you mean "plenty of," I might have to agree with you.

It was mild, at least there was no bloodshed or explicit clips...

Faded Tears
02-21-2008, 04:05 PM
I thought the whole nipple part at the end was more disturbing than the actual video.

Rianoa
02-21-2008, 05:14 PM
erm
1.internet
2.diet coke a 2 litre bottle a day

Faded Tears
02-21-2008, 05:51 PM
I'm addicted to Chap Stick.

Quindiana Jones
02-21-2008, 07:41 PM
I'm totally addicted to bass, waaowahow.

Peegee
02-25-2008, 02:27 PM
I was very addicted to World of Warcraft a long time ago (a year is an incredibly long time for me, and I'm talking about OVER a year. What??? OVer A YeaR????). I think I played it incessantly in my spare time, stopped exercising, and eventually lost typical motor functions. Don't get me started what was left of my social skills.

When I dropped dinner on the kitchen floor because I couldn't carry a pan of food 10 feet I knew I had to stop cold turkey. And I did for some 7-8 months.

I still play today, but I've made sure that the game is much lower in my priorities. I play it every day, but if something, anything came up, the game gets turned off.

Zeldy
02-25-2008, 06:26 PM
Chocolate and Dr Pepper. I have a scary addiction to chocolate, my favourites are bourbon creams and triple chocolate icecream, mmm.

Kathryn
02-26-2008, 01:20 AM
I have an addiction to my computer! but thats not the point school made it like that since everything went didgital