PDA

View Full Version : "D-O-Y-O-U...."

Jessweeee♪
02-21-2008, 02:47 AM
When you type do you think every letter in your head as you type it? Or do you think the words as you type them?

I've always thought the words, and it never occurred to me that people do otherwise until I was in my US History class :p

She told us we'd remember our notes better if we copied them down, and when someone asked about typing, she was lyke,

NO DON'T TYPE THAT DOESN'T WORK BECAUSE YOU DON'T THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU'RE TYPING, YOU JUST THINK ONE LETTER AT A TIME LIKE YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO I KNOW BECAUSE I TAUGHT PEOPLE TO TYPE FOR TWENTY-THREE YEARS.

LunarWeaver
02-21-2008, 02:54 AM
I think and it simply happens. For me typing is like talking. I type 120 words per minute and cannot be fussed with letters.

Jess
02-21-2008, 02:55 AM
I think words when I type them. I don't look at the keyboard, so I think it'd be harder to think of what I'm typing letter by letter. :jess:

Vermachtnis
02-21-2008, 03:02 AM
I start with words, but if I keep going I stop thinking and just go.

rubah
02-21-2008, 03:02 AM
definitely type in words. Letters is too slow, and you can't really make any typos.

I only type in letters when I don't know how to spell something, and then it's really excruciating. (when I went to spelling bees, I should have tried to type the words in my head)

Namelessfengir
02-21-2008, 03:04 AM
depend on how often i use the word

like game cheats some of them i type like four times faster the a usually type

Jessweeee♪
02-21-2008, 03:04 AM
I think and it simply happens. For me typing is like talking. I type 120 words per minute and cannot be fussed with letters.

The funny thing is my teacher says she types 140 :p

Roto13
02-21-2008, 03:06 AM
Your teacher is a pretty bad liar.

I type in words. Typing kinda feels like another language to me now. :P

rubah
02-21-2008, 03:10 AM
depend on how often i use the word

like game cheats some of them i type like four times faster the a usually type

haha, back in the day I'm sure I could've almost entered the game genie codes for infinite lives and skywalker blindfolded for smb3 xD

Tavrobel
02-21-2008, 03:25 AM
I type in thoughts. Typing without thinking about what you're going to say is just confusing, at best. Words and letters are a part of that scheme. Gaming is a whole different story, entirely; typing out a long, well thought out plan is about the same as rushing all your units into the enemy base without attacking.

Momiji
02-21-2008, 03:36 AM
I don't even realize that my fingers are actually doing anything other than hitting buttons when I type. I don't even think of where the letters are. I guess it just comes naturally, like riding a bike or something. I don't know what my bpm is, but I'm sure it's around 100-110 normally, and around 130 when I'm actually forcing myself to type faster.

rubah
02-21-2008, 03:48 AM
bpm in typing eh? I take it you mainly use fruityloops then? 8)

fire_of_avalon
02-21-2008, 03:54 AM
Yeah, I type in words, not in letters. I also write in words, not letters. Haha, out of context this post looks really stupid.

Dolentrean
02-21-2008, 04:31 AM
words, it would take forever to type everything if it was in letters.

Aerith's Knight
02-21-2008, 04:31 AM
Yeah, I type in words, not in letters. I also write in words, not letters. Haha, out of context this post looks really stupid.

yes.. yes it does

Araciel
02-21-2008, 05:34 AM
Keys.

I don't think about what I'm doing, it's muscle memory. Like playing a video game, I don't think about pushing up, left, right...I just move my thumb.

It's like lifting your arm...you don't think 'I'm going to lift my arm', you just do it.

BardTard
02-21-2008, 05:59 AM
Let me think about what I'm typing.... I'm just thinking about typing. I type fairly fast so I think more about next location of my fingertips. Yeah I don't really think about each letter, more about the words but I think more about just where I'm placing my fingertips.

escobert
02-21-2008, 06:16 AM
Words!

blackmage_nuke
02-21-2008, 09:52 AM
I guess if im copying something I might think letters but otherwise i think words, or whole phrases.

Breine
02-21-2008, 11:59 AM
I just think about the words. Thinking about every single letter seems very confusing to me..

Quindiana Jones
02-21-2008, 07:49 PM
Give your history teacher this message from me: "*slap* Silly bitch."

I think of the whole word, and about 10 words ahead if it's a long sentence. If it's a short sentence, I usually just think of the whole thing.

Tallulah
02-21-2008, 11:54 PM
When I write with good old pen and paper, I have the words inside my head beforehand and then just write the words down. Same with typing; I just type the words as I would write.

I used to type up all my notes in college so I could actually read them (my handwriting in college was awful). I learnt a lot that way, so I don't really agree with what your teacher said. Though different things work for different people.

Faded Tears
02-22-2008, 06:25 PM
words I think.

Does it really matter? Oh yeah words.

Montoya
02-24-2008, 10:22 AM
I type stuff and if it doesn't look right I keep backspacing it until it looks right. Sure I mess up a lot, but yeah.