PDA

View Full Version : Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-21-2008, 04:06 PM
Let's have a new thread which is fresh and clean from the sin of homosensuality. This will be a blank slate slate upon which we'll engrave the ecstasy and pathos of our ordeals as we climb the legal ladder--and fulfill one young man's hopes of claiming the vaunted status known as "an attorney who is ace."

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e200/grokyou/ani-kyouya-airguitar.gif

Now, begin!

JKTrix
02-21-2008, 04:34 PM
To inappropriately paraphrase my other post (http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-gaming-discussion/114237-i-know-whose-milkshake-brings-all-boys-yard.html#post2427061):

Where's Proto?

As for the game, it is Ace!

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-21-2008, 07:09 PM
So far, the best part of starting over with a mostly new cast is the immense sense of calm I feel, knowing that I'll never have to see Wendy Oldbag ever again.

Behold the Void
02-21-2008, 07:16 PM
So far, the best part of starting over with a mostly new cast is the immense sense of calm I feel, knowing that I'll never have to see Wendy Oldbag ever again.

OR WILL YOU?

Vermachtnis
02-22-2008, 12:41 AM
I glad to see the step ladder joke is still there. Am I the only one imagining Nick lecturing Trucy about the differences between step ladders and normal ladders?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-22-2008, 06:49 AM
It sickens me to think of him indoctrinating an innocent youth with his intolerant cultural biases.

Jessweeee♪
02-22-2008, 03:07 PM
Please use spoiler tags so curiosity will not kill this cat :kaocry:

Goldenboko
02-22-2008, 03:21 PM
Please use spoiler tags so curiosity will not kill this cat :kaocry:

QFT

Raebus
02-22-2008, 03:48 PM
No Spoiler tags please.

I like finding out stuff about games.

JKTrix
02-22-2008, 07:33 PM
Wait, are you asking us not to use spoiler tags so you can find out about stuff/get spoiled, or are you asking us not to use spoilers at all to avoid Spoiler Temptation?

Or did you mean to emphasize that people should use spoiler tags?

I vote against to the 'No Spoiler Tags' idea. The purpose of the spoiler is for people to discuss things while shielding the ignorant. Removing them will either endanger the ignorant, or prevent discussion. Use spoiler tags!

Raebus
02-22-2008, 07:37 PM
Funny, i thought I said "Use spoiler tags please".

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-23-2008, 02:56 PM
I won't say which, but the circumstances of one of the cases revolve entirely around a fifteen-year-old girl's panties. So, yeah: best game in the series.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e200/grokyou/ani-takita-bounce.gif

KentaRawr!
02-23-2008, 03:45 PM
Yay for panties. :monster:

Jessweeee♪
02-23-2008, 04:01 PM
Thank you n.n

Vivisteiner
02-23-2008, 05:49 PM
Ignorance is sin. Aid me on my quest for enlightenment. Post the goddamn spoilers.

Jessweeee♪
02-24-2008, 03:13 AM
They're still gonna post them, they're just using tags :p

Momiji
02-24-2008, 04:52 PM
I won't say which, but the circumstances of one of the cases revolve entirely around a fifteen-year-old girl's panties. So, yeah: best game in the series.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e200/grokyou/ani-takita-bounce.gif

I'm suddenly interested in this game. ;)

Ichimonji
02-25-2008, 12:21 PM
I loved it. A lot. Cases 3 and 4 are the most complex cases the series has ever known. Case 4 is also done is a pretty unique way. Nothing has got my heart racing such as this game in a long time. It's definitely my favourite in the series.

Vermachtnis
02-25-2008, 05:15 PM
I think Ema's my new favorite Ace Attorney character. "Quiet! It's snack time. MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH." "Ka-Tonk!"

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k273/AKA_Gluttony/ani-skye-snacks.gif

Jessweeee♪
02-27-2008, 12:48 AM
OHMYGODYOUGUYSIWASATBESTBUYANDTOUCHEDTHECASEBUTCOULDN'TBUYITINEARLYDIED

KentaRawr!
02-27-2008, 01:43 AM
OHMYGODYOUGUYSIWASATBESTBUYANDTOUCHEDTHECASEBUTCOULDN'TBUYITINEARLYDIED

Provide proof for your claims, infidel.

Edit: Hey, wait, that guy in the pink jacket has a Rabite emblem on his jacket...

JKTrix
02-27-2008, 12:45 PM
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/3500/artofgs457hq9.jpg

They're foxes. They do look kinda like a rabite though. Blue Badger cameo ftw

Finally finished the 2nd case last night. The 'Perceive' system is pretty cool, definitely more interesting than Psyche Locks.

Ishin Ookami
02-28-2008, 11:26 AM
Ignorance is sin. Aid me on my quest for enlightenment. Post the goddamn spoilers.

You want spoilers? I give you spoilers

Your first client, accused of murder, is a former attorney turned card shark and single parent. Their name is... Phoenix Wright

Duh duh DUH!

Ichimonji
03-02-2008, 05:08 PM
This game is amazing, btw. Shu Takumi is a genius.

Jessweeee♪
03-02-2008, 09:22 PM
OMG

'kay I have the game now and I've had to look up help twice.

The first time was in the first case. I thought I should present a photo at one point, but the judge didn't agree. I pressed every statement again, then presented absolutely every piece of evidence I had at that one suspicious statement plus the photo twice more, and then I finally gave up and looked up help, and I'm told to present the photo I had presented three times already. So I do it a fourth time and it works. The same thing happens in case two when I'm supposed to present a bullet.

WTF ; ;

DK
03-02-2008, 11:44 PM
Avoided this thread until now 'cause didn't want to chance running into any spoilers, but just completed the game so yay.

Enjoyed it, as expected seeing as it's an Ace Attorney game, but don't think it's the best in the series or anything. Although, the final case is probably the suavest one in the series so far.

I like Ema and all, but she's a poor substitute for Gumshoe. She was hardly even around for most of the game. Hopefully during the next games she'll become more deeply involved, but yeah, never going to attain Gumshoe legendary status.

Also, not really sure how much I like the Klavier Gavin as the prosecutor. I mean, I like him and all, just found something a bit lacking with the animosity not there between defense and prosecution. There's no real sense of rivalry there like there was with Phoenix and basically every prosecutor he went up against. Not necessarily a bad thing, but, I dunno. I guess I can understand the need to differentiate. Was extremely happy in the 4th case to take control of Phoenix and see Gumshoe again.

Anyway, like I said overall I enjoyed it and am looking forward to the rest of the series, but I guess I'm most looking forward to it so we get to learn about what's happened to the older characters in the future. Gumshoe, Edgeworth, Larry, Franziska (<3) and of course Maya and Pearls, all left unattended and so I anticipate they'll get their updates in the next games. Needs more Edgeworth, damn it! And definitely more Franziska.

Ichimonji
03-03-2008, 01:34 AM
Also, not really sure how much I like the Klavier Gavin as the prosecutor. I mean, I like him and all, just found something a bit lacking with the animosity not there between defense and prosecution. There's no real sense of rivalry there like there was with Phoenix and basically every prosecutor he went up against. Not necessarily a bad thing, but, I dunno. I guess I can understand the need to differentiate. Was extremely happy in the 4th case to take control of Phoenix and see Gumshoe again.

Klavier definitely wasn't as detailed or as woven into the storyline as previous prosecutors (see: Godot), but the overall game wasn't meant to be a rivalry against the two attorneys or exploring the secret motives of the prosecutor. It was mostly about Kristoph and the events that happened seven years ago. Klavier's only importance was that he's Kristoph's brother, which in turn strengthens Kristoph's storyline, the true villian. On that note, I think that at the end of the last case has the most intense villiany breakdown ever. I liked the new direction the story took.

However, I do agree with you that Ema was a poor Gumshoe-replacement. She should have had a more important role. The detective and the prosecutor in this one had other professions that they held in higher regard. Oh, well. The game was fantastic anyhow.

Case 3 was the most complex case in the series, imo. And Case 4 was done in a very unique way, as well as answering every relevant question the game threw at you.

Ishin Ookami
03-03-2008, 03:52 AM
Klavier definitely wasn't as detailed or as woven into the storyline as previous prosecutors (see: Godot), but the overall game wasn't meant to be a rivalry against the two attorneys or exploring the secret motives of the prosecutor. It was mostly about Kristoph and the events that happened seven years ago. Klavier's only importance was that he's Kristoph's brother, which in turn strengthens Kristoph's storyline, the true villian. On that note, I think that at the end of the last case has the most intense villiany breakdown ever. I liked the new direction the story took.

However, I do agree with you that Ema was a poor Gumshoe-replacement. She should have had a more important role. The detective and the prosecutor in this one had other professions that they held in higher regard. Oh, well. The game was fantastic anyhow.

Case 3 was the most complex case in the series, imo. And Case 4 was done in a very unique way, as well as answering every relevant question the game threw at you.

Personally, I thought Ema was competent and interesting enough that I didn't mind her replacing Gumshoe, what I minded about her was that in the first game, Edgeworth is more or less broken by the fourth case, and in Justice for all, it's assumed he committed suicide. So the fifth bonus case just offends me to no end that he's back, and in fit enough mental shape to prosecute temporarily before resuming his mental and emotional breakdown, and that Ema was a character created to replace Maya for that fifth case. I considered that case to be, at best, a bit of fan fiction that took place outside of continuity, and at worst, an aberration to the main storyline. and her presence in the game Just certifies that this event somehow happened in the main storyline.

ALSO what I wish the writers had the stones to actually follow through on in Apollo Justice was making Trucy Phoenix's biological daughter. Her being fifteen and him 33 would have placed Trucy's conception around the same time he was dating Dhalia, who was really Iris, who legitimately fell in love with Phoenix. Which would have explained why Maya and Pearls are no longer around, and put in a few more even more interesting plot points into this already quite tangled web.

One Last Thing

And yeah, I do miss the sense of rivalry. Winning a case just isn't as satisfying when the prosecution is actually working with you to find the truth instead of against you to win the case and discredit you.

DK
03-03-2008, 04:00 AM
And yeah, I do miss the sense of rivalry. Winning a case just isn't as satisfying when the prosecution is actually working with you to find the truth instead of against you to win the case and discredit you.

It's not so much that, it's just that it was there right from the start. I personally totally marked out when Edgeworth started working together with Phoenix, because it was awesome 'cause they were FORMER rivals. It felt liked you worked hard to earn his trust and friendship, and even then he still treated Phoenix with contempt, the underlying rivalry was still there. This time it's just handed to you on a platter so it's a bit underwhelming.

One thing I forgot to point out is the music, love the music from this game. A bunch of the tracks stand out for me.

Ichimonji
03-03-2008, 05:17 AM

It's not so much that, it's just that it was there right from the start. I personally totally marked out when Edgeworth started working together with Phoenix, because it was awesome 'cause they were FORMER rivals. It felt liked you worked hard to earn his trust and friendship, and even then he still treated Phoenix with contempt, the underlying rivalry was still there. This time it's just handed to you on a platter so it's a bit underwhelming.

I actually like it as well when the defence and the prosecution work together. It makes the villain seem all the more powerful, and creates a desperate time for both sides. As long as it's in moderation anyway.

Klavier was definietely your rival up until the final parts of the game. And he really had to emotionally break down and realize his brother's faults before he began to help you, which I thought was pretty cool because Klavier is *usually* in grasp with his emotions. I agree that he wasn't as intricate as Edgeworth or Godot, but I don't think that he was a push-over or handed the case over to you.

The music was awesome, yeah. I love the new suspense track they added.

Ashi
03-03-2008, 06:17 AM
Not looking at the rest of this thread - Just recieved my copy Saturday night and haven't had the time to play much. Started case two this morning and... well... curious.

JKTrix
03-05-2008, 07:01 PM
Just started the 4th case, but had a thought. How would you rank the prosecutors of the series?

Mine:

1-Edgeworth
2-Franziska
3-Klavier
4-Payne
5-Manfred
6-Godot

Not that I hated Godot, he was just the least liked.

DK
03-05-2008, 08:06 PM
1. Edgeworth
2. Franziska
3. Godot
4. Manfred Von Karma
5. Klavier
6. Payne

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-05-2008, 08:12 PM
1. Edgeworth
2. Godot
3. Franziska
4. Von Karma
5. Klavier
6. Payne

This game is wonderful, by the way. I'd only put AA3 ahead of it.

DK
03-05-2008, 08:17 PM
At this point in time I'd put 1 and 3 in front of this, but it'll take a couple of playthroughs of the series for me to properly clarify it.

Jessweeee♪
03-05-2008, 11:00 PM
Hahah...well so far I've just seen two prosecutors, and as neat as Gavin is, his theme song got annoying fast. I'm in the middle of the third case and it's just playing over and over again, just like the Steel Samurai, except I kinda like the Steel Samurai theme and I've been hearing Gavin's since the second case >.<

EDIT:

Plus I can't see anyone topping Godot. So every prosecutor after Godot will probably be just a little bit of a disappointment no matter how kewl they are.

DK
03-05-2008, 11:11 PM
You mean to tell me you haven't played one or two?! What!

Ichimonji
03-06-2008, 12:46 AM
1) Godot
2) Miles Edgeworth
3) Manfred von Karma
4) Klavier Gavin
5) Winston Payne
6) Franziska von Karma

Jessweeee♪
03-13-2008, 02:03 AM
Finally beat it.

I am going to cry ;_;

I thought that Lamiroir was odd...usually you don't speak with a witness that much inside and outside of court unless they're a potential suspect. Plus there was the brooch.

I loved going back and playing as Phoenix again. It was funny how his old voice clips sounded with the newer ones. Good ol' Gumshoe was there, too! The whole time I was like, I WANNA SEE MAYA ;_; but I guess she was busy being the Master of the Kurain Spirit Channeling Technique after the events of T&T. I suppose she's Pearl's legal guardian, too.
It bothered me a little that information and evidence could travel in time xD

Also I love Kristoph's theme. So kewl *-*

Leen-Leen
03-13-2008, 02:06 AM
Wahh, I played the first case (and kinda the second-ish) in this game, just to see how it was, and it seems so INTERESTING!! But I have to stop playing it, I'm afraid it'll eventually spoil something for me, because I haven't gotten through Trials and Tribulations yet. :kaocry2:

Jessweeee♪
03-13-2008, 02:12 AM
Well...off the top of my head, it doesn't spoil anything from T&T :p

...in fact, it doesn't mention those events at all. You hear of two other characters from T&T besides Phoenix and it doesn't spoil anything.
Though if you play through AJ then go to T&T, then you'll think you were spoiled.

All of the talk about Phoenix's past are events that happen shortly after T&T and are completely unrelated to that game.

So, it should be fine!

...unless I'm forgetting something.

EDIT:

...and I'm very forgetful, so you might want to see what someone else says xD

JKTrix
03-14-2008, 08:57 PM
Just finished it myself. As is the trend, the last case is just amazing. I thought the whole 'mother' thing was kind of unnecessary I think (especially compared to the previous 'mother'), but it was still a nice touch. In that sense, it would have been kind of nice to see the 3 of them together, but perhaps it can be saved for another game.

Apollo Justice does stand alone and doesn't spoil anything from prior games. It's definitely worthwhile to play all the previous games, though you don't really have to postpone playing Apollo Justice to play them. The game itself did well. My 2nd favourite overall game in the series, behind the 3rd one. Though the last case in the 2nd game is still my favourite individual case.

Kristoph! Good god. I was getting 'Light Yagami' of Death Note type vibes from him from the first case, but seeing everything come together was something else. THE DEVIL indeed.

I kinda wanted to do another 'character ranking' thing for who your favourite Ace Attorney Girl was, but I don't think I'd be able to compile my own numbered list. 'Lamiroir' would be pretty high though.