PDA

View Full Version : Completed all numbered FF-games?

Tabris
02-21-2008, 10:57 PM
Just out of curiousity... has anyone here played and completed all numbered FF-games? I-XII, X-2, and VII compilation? And has anyone even completed FFT and FFTA in addition?

Clawsze
02-21-2008, 11:05 PM
Just out of curiousity... has anyone here played and completed all numbered FF-games? I-XII, X-2, and VII compilation? And has anyone even completed FFT and FFTA in addition?

just to point out, XI should be disregarded, as it is MMORPG and as such cannot be "completed"

I've finished 1, 2, 3, 7, 10, 10-2 and I'm working on 6 and 12 at the moment.

Tabris
02-21-2008, 11:19 PM
I plan on complete all numbered FFs. All main FFs, that is, not necessarily every game in the VII compilation and such. (Yeah, and I disregarded XI).

I've only completed X, X-2 and XII, and am currently working on I, VII, VIII and IX, so I've got loads left.

Vivisteiner
02-21-2008, 11:24 PM
Ive completed VII, VIII, IX, X and XII.

I'll play VI someday. And probably some of the earlier ones. Maybe one day I'll complete them all.

Rostum
02-21-2008, 11:41 PM
Let's see, I've completed...

FF1, FF3 DS, FF6, FF7, FF7:DoC, FF8, FF9, FF10, FF10-2, FF12, and I played FF11 for around 3 and a half years.

hhr1dluv
02-21-2008, 11:54 PM
I think I'm starting to plan on beating them all...minus the cell phone entries. :P
Read my sig to see which ones I've beaten.
I still need to beat: I, II, III DS, V, DoC, CC, VIII, IX, XII, XII: RW, Tactics, and Tactics Advance...plus all the new stuff coming out. Not to mention the Kingdom Hearts stuff, some Zeldas, and perhaps Lost Odyssey.
TOO MUCH! This is seriously going to take me 8 years to do, given my track record so far.

Bolivar
02-21-2008, 11:57 PM
All except XI, yes. Plus Tactics and I'm workin on FFTA. And apparently FFXI does have an ending, so there definately is a way to complete it. I plan on getting around to it once I finish/complete a few games I've been meaning to get out of the way. As far as the other side games, no.

f f freak
02-22-2008, 01:27 AM
I've completed I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2 and Tactics Advanced.

I'm working on XII, XII:RW and Tactics.

Rostum
02-22-2008, 01:33 AM
All except XI, yes. Plus Tactics and I'm workin on FFTA. And apparently FFXI does have an ending, so there definately is a way to complete it. I plan on getting around to it once I finish/complete a few games I've been meaning to get out of the way. As far as the other side games, no.

Actually, I think you'll find that there isn't an ending yet. They will most likely take awhile to release the final missions for the newest expansion. But good luck on completing the other missions (I only managed to complete the original, ZM and half of CoP and a little bit of ToA in the 3 years I played).

Crossblades
02-22-2008, 01:39 AM
I've completed all the numbered games except XII:RW and XI(XI being an MMORPG it will take a while to complete everything. And I have yet to play VIII and VII: DoC(but I will play them eventually)

Bahamut2000X
02-22-2008, 02:25 AM
I-XII Including XI beating all storylines in it minus rank and CoP.

Beat FF: TA, MQ, many of the remakes either beaten or fairly far along in it.

hhr1dluv
02-22-2008, 02:50 AM
You know, I'm kinda afraid of playing all of them, given that I don't play many other kinds of video games. Even now, after I've only beaten IV, VI, VII, X, and X-2, they're starting to mesh together in my head. They all start to seem VERY similar, and once that happens, they no longer have any emotional impact on me. :(

toad626
02-22-2008, 05:04 AM
I,II,III (in progress), IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, don't play XI and have no interest, if I got into the MMO I'd being going with WOW instead. Own XII but struggling to get through it. So far it has failed to suck me in or given me any desire to complete it or get heavily into it. From what I've seen so far it's 50% story and 50% hunt monsters. Not cool.

But why stop there. Square has made so many other greats without the term Final or Fantasy. I've done all 3 Kingdom Hearts, Both Chrono's, Secret of Mana, Saga Frontier I and II, Bushido Blade I, II. And who could forget Parasite Eve I and II. That was a creepy one.

Tabris
02-22-2008, 08:26 AM
There's also some sort of chocobo game for DS, isn't it?

We get a DS next week, so I'll play XII: RW, then. And we plan on getting III and the other FFs that has been released on DS too.

Mirage
02-22-2008, 09:22 AM
just to point out, XI should be disregarded, as it is MMORPG and as such cannot be "completed"

Disagreed. You could consider FFXI complete when you've done the main story. Or if you want, each of the storylines of the three nations. Then you can complete the expansion pack if you want, by going through the storylines they bring to the game.

Its really only "neverending" if you insist on maxing everything you can, but that's far from necessary in order to complete the storylines, and that's usually what's considered "completing the game" when you talk about offline FFs too.

Actually, I think you'll find that there isn't an ending yet. They will most likely take awhile to release the final missions for the newest expansion. But good luck on completing the other missions (I only managed to complete the original, ZM and half of CoP and a little bit of ToA in the 3 years I played).
I think you should just look at the original FFXI when you talk about completing it. Completing expansion packs is a thing on its own. Just like you can say you completed Half Life 2 without even touching Episode 1 or 2 or whatever.
And completing FFXI's initial storyline is very possible :p, but I'll agree that it takes (quite a bit) longer than completing an offline game.

Roogle
02-22-2008, 02:58 PM

I believe that Final Fantasy XI can be completed. If you play far enough, there are clear, concise endings written: the current storyline you are playing ends completely, there are cutscenes playing for several minutes, there are credits rolling at the end of it. For example, the original Final Fantasy XI ends when your party defeats the Shadow Lord — the game goes on — but the storyline does not until you buy the sequel expansion pack.

I have completed all of the numbered Final Fantasy games except for Final Fantasy II and Final Fantasy III.

KoShiatar
02-22-2008, 03:08 PM
For some reason I'll bet Kishi has played all of those games. *casts "SUMMON KISHI"*
Personally I've beaten 3, 4, 6, 7, 9 and I'm close to beating 1 and 12, but I've also played II, V, VIII, X, Mystic Quest and Tactics Advance. I need to restart my games though, because it's been a while and I don't remember most of the plot or because I've played for ridiculously short times. I hope there's a Final Fantasy II month coming up soon, because that'll give me an excuse to play it regularly and beat it.

Roogle
02-22-2008, 03:51 PM
I plan on starting and playing through Final Fantasy II and Final Fantasy III when I start to travel more often.

I do not remember a lot of the plot in Final Fantasy VIII or Final Fantasy IX. I am not sure what the best method to go about replaying them is because of their use of archaic hardware, so I might just wait until Square Enix releases a port or something.

ReloadPsi
02-22-2008, 07:45 PM
With the exception of XI which I don't consider part of the list (plus I hate MMORPGs far too much), and XII which I'm working on, yes. Not FFT and TA though, and I also don't count the FF7 Compilation as they're not part of the numbered line. Also because Dirge of Cerberus is a shooter, something I can't play on a console without keyboard and mouse and, lacking USB counterparts for them, therefore cannot even control it. Crisis Core is on a portable machine, incentive enough for me to not care (I downloaded an mp3 of "The Summoned"* anyway so I've heard all I need to :p) and Before Crisis still isn't out in the UK. I have sat all the way through Advent Children though.

Oh, and when XIII comes out it'll probably be a real long time before I get to play it as I have 0% intention in ever owning a PS3, Wii or 360 until the price is much, much lower. Actually I'll probably never own any of them until immature console war fanboys finally shut up, but that's not going to happen in this lifetime.

*It's a reinvention of the boss theme

toad626
02-24-2008, 09:38 AM
There's also some sort of chocobo game for DS, isn't it?

We get a DS next week, so I'll play XII: RW, then. And we plan on getting III and the other FFs that has been released on DS too.

The chocobo games are meant for kids. Like 4 year olds. The difficulty is laughable. And I forgot Tactics. I beat that one too. Though I have no idea what it was about. Worst Localization job ever done. Tactics is a really good game. It's hard compared to numbered FF's. DS is cool. I have one. Mario Kart Wi-Fi is awsome. Very fun.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-24-2008, 10:06 AM
For some reason I'll bet Kishi has played all of those games. *casts "SUMMON KISHI"*I've played and completed every game in the main series except FFXI.

Man, you spent 99 MP for that?

Relapse
02-24-2008, 12:41 PM
I have every FF from 1-9, T and TA but I havent completed 3, 5, 8, 9 and T yet :_:

LunarWeaver
02-26-2008, 12:07 AM
I haven't played I-V from a mixture of random encounter frustration and being really fucking bored. I get beat up for it often, don't worry!

Cyric
02-26-2008, 05:06 AM
With the exception of XI which I don't consider part of the list (plus I hate MMORPGs far too much)

Have you tried EVE-Online?

Here's my list:
FFI = countless times
FFII = got bored/sidetracked before I really got into it...it'll happen though
FFIII = haven't really played into it
FFIV = haven't even tried
FFV = haven't played
FFVI = haven't played
FFVII = played it for the first time after FFX, the down-graded graphics chased me away, my PSX emulator renders it in DirectX so I'll eventually get to this one.
FFVIII = quite a few times
FFIX = got bored too quickly
FFX = once (working on the 2nd)
FFX-2 = once (2nd time when I finish X)
FFXI = Square Enix had a brainfart, never played, never will.
FFXII = This is the stink that follows the brainfart, boring story, boring characters, crappy battle-system (wth is so fun about doing nothing during battle?). I'm about 33% of the way through, and it's just not my cup of tea.
FFXIII & Versus = damn straight I'll play it, and well, at least one of these HAS to be good, and I'm getting the feeling it will be.

hhr1dluv
02-26-2008, 06:43 AM
Ooh, I like the list idea...

FFI- I really don't have interest in this one.
FFII-Same as above.
FFIII-Will probably get, once I get my DS. Which will probably lead to my purchasing V, and then getting I and II just to complete my collection. :P
FFIV-Beaten. 8.0/10 for me.
FFV-No real interest, though I will probably play if it's released on DS.
FFVI-Beaten. 9.3/10
FFVII-Beaten. 9.8/10
-Crisis Core- Will get.
-Dirge of Cerberus-errr...I don't know if I want to play this.
FFVIII-Got to somewhere on the second disc, and then returned to school, and was promptly sidetracked. Will try again.
FFIX-Got to Burmecia, I think. Will try again.
FFX- Beaten. 9.9/10, though mostly for nostalgia.
-FFX-2-Beaten. 9.6/10
FFXI- no interest whatsoever, ever. I will never own this.
FFXII-Got to...I don't remember where. I was 20 hours in. Currently playing again.
-Revenant Wings-Will get.
FFT-Will get for PSP.
FFTA-Getting sent in mail as we speak!

Basically, the ones I own, I will beat someday. Ask me again when I'm 35.

Necronopticous
02-26-2008, 08:41 AM
I've played and completed every numerical installment in the series, including XI (excluding the expansions).

Tabris
03-03-2008, 02:33 PM
The list-thing was a good idea. Here's mine:

FFI - about halfway through
FFII - have it, but haven't played it yet
FFIII - ordered the DS-game
FFIV - haven't played it
FFV - haven't played it
FFVI - haven't played it
FFVII - have played a few hours and been a faq-reader throughout most of the game
FFVIII - Am currently at disc three
FFIX - played a few hours
FFX - played three-four times
- X-2 - playing it for the second time
FFXI - haven't played it and probably won't
FFXII - playing it now for the second time
- Revenant Wings: playing it now
FFXIII - will play

Momiji
03-03-2008, 04:32 PM
FFI - Completed
FFII - I'm at the end, but I never finished it
FFIII - A little past 3/4 through
FFIV - Completed
FFV - A little over halfway through, I stopped playing due to slow PS1 loading times.
FFVI - I stopped playing this one due to apathy and slow PS1 loading times.
FFVII - Completed
FFVIII - Completed
FFIX - Completed
FFX - Completed
- X-2 - Extended suspended play, just not interested.
FFXI - I would play in a heartbeat if it wasn't for the monthly fee
FFXII - Currently playing
- Revenant Wings: Currently Playing
FFXIII - I don't have a PS3, but I may play it if I get one
FFT: Completed
FFTA: Completed
Kingdom Hearts: Completed
KH:CoM: Completed
KHII: Completed
FF:CC: I stopped playing due to sheer lameness.
FFMQ: I played this on a ROM, but quit after getting bored with it.

Evastio
03-03-2008, 10:28 PM
I've played all the ones I can access. (FFI-FFVII including Mystic Quest) And I don't think there's anything anyone can do to make me play any of the others past VIII.

Unless they tell me where I can get them easily and cheaply...

*casts "SUMMON KISHI"*
Man, you spent 99 MP for that?
You're worth the MP cost.

Zeromus_X
03-04-2008, 02:38 AM
I've played them all except FFXI. I don't think I ever completed TA, though.