PDA

View Full Version : Who will win? Memphis or Tennessee

Spawn of Sephiroth
02-22-2008, 12:11 AM
Ok, I know most of you who watch sports knows about Saturday nights showdown in mens basketball between #2 ranked Tennessee Volunteers and the #1 ranked Memphis Tigers. So, who do you guys think will win.

Bloodline666
02-22-2008, 12:30 AM
That's just like asking who will win between Michigan and Ohio State. In that scenario, it's always gonna be Ohio State.

Likewise, in this one, it's always gonna be Tennessee. And besides, I don't put any merit in the national "rankings" of any sport on the college level, be it Football (which is a total joke, if you ask me), or Basketball. Those rankings are decided by the media, anyway.

Spawn of Sephiroth
02-22-2008, 02:27 AM
That's just like asking who will win between Michigan and Ohio State. In that scenario, it's always gonna be Ohio State.

Likewise, in this one, it's always gonna be Tennessee. And besides, I don't put any merit in the national "rankings" of any sport on the college level, be it Football (which is a total joke, if you ask me), or Basketball. Those rankings are decided by the media, anyway.

I most definately agree, but you gotta look at Memphis' record. 26-0. Even though they haven't played but a handful of decent teams, thats still pretty impressive and the FedEx Forum will be rockin. I just hope the Vols can pull it off.