PDA

View Full Version : Via Infinito Finished

Skyblade
02-22-2008, 02:18 AM
Yeah, I know the game's been out forever, and I'm only just getting around to beating the optional dungeon, but still, I completed the Via Infinito for the first time. It was a royal pain once you get to the last 20 chambers, and the last 10 were so annoying I decided to just go ahead and use Catnip, Mounted Assault/Highroad Winds, and my Gunner, and the battle against Paragon at the end was sweet.

Trema was annoying. Not very hard, with three mastered Mascots working on it (Yuna and Rikku healing while Payne just kept plugging away with Cactling Gun for 25000 or so damage each hit). Ran through a lot of items, but I got him done, and got the really neato Iron Duke.

Now I just have to finish up my Oversoul Bestiary. I didn't see Georapella, the Precepts Guard, or the Guardian Beast in the Via Infinito though. Where do I get their Oversouled Forms?

Renmiri
02-22-2008, 02:30 AM
OMG, congrats! That thing is endless!!!!

Yeah, Trema is a disappointment after beating all the floors and Paragon

rubah
02-22-2008, 03:02 AM
Precepts Guard is one of those monsters in Bevelle proper; you can fight them over and over again depending on what chain you go down (it's the area before the Gaol), I forget which is which, but I'm assuming the other monster is the one that isn't precepts guard.

(i failed at getting to the gaol so getting them oversouled was completely easy and happened like every sixth battle :()

Skyblade
02-22-2008, 03:07 AM
Precepts Guard is one of those monsters in Bevelle proper; you can fight them over and over again depending on what chain you go down (it's the area before the Gaol), I forget which is which, but I'm assuming the other monster is the one that isn't precepts guard.

(i failed at getting to the gaol so getting them oversouled was completely easy and happened like every sixth battle :()

Thanks, I didn't realize you could just reset the Gaol steps as many times as you wanted. I'll be able to get Georapella and the Precepts Guard. That leaves only the Guardian Beast. Any ideas?

PuPu
02-22-2008, 03:44 AM
I think Guardian Beast and Azi Dahaka can only be oversouled through New Game+.

By the way, since you completed Via Infinito, have you ever tried going down to the 100th floor again...?

I won't say what will happen if you do. Just see it for yourself. ;)

Jessweeee♪
02-22-2008, 04:05 AM
I've never done this before! I keep meaning too, but then I stop playing FFX-2 for awhile and just start a new game :p

Skyblade
02-22-2008, 04:36 AM
I think Guardian Beast and Azi Dahaka can only be oversouled through New Game+.

By the way, since you completed Via Infinito, have you ever tried going down to the 100th floor again...?

I won't say what will happen if you do. Just see it for yourself. ;)

All the way from the top, or just warping in? I had to go back in to get Paragon's Oversoul.

BTW, does anyone know what percentage I should have before I go into the portal from the Farplane Abyss? I saw all the scenes in the Celsius, but I'm only at 95%, and I think I should be at 96... :(

Edit: Nevermind, I found the missing points. I forgot to watch one of the spheres. Odd, even though I haven't made a 100% run through before, I did collect all the spheres in my first play through, and I thought I saw them all, but I don't remember this one. I wonder how I missed it. The one where Baralai meets Seymour.

Markus. D
02-22-2008, 05:05 AM
Grats!

Don't like how you caved in the end :P

still, congrats ^^

Skyblade
02-22-2008, 05:11 AM
Grats!

Don't like how you caved in the end :P

still, congrats ^^

The last 10 floors are the same mobs as the previous 10, just two per battle (3 for the lizards). I'd already gotten them and their oversouls out of the way, and it was getting to be too annoying.

Markus. D
02-22-2008, 05:34 AM
Fair enough :3

Roogle
02-22-2008, 03:41 PM
Congratulations on completing a very long optional dungeon. How long did it take you to play through in hours? How did you like the backstory of the optional dungeon?

Skyblade
02-22-2008, 10:54 PM
The backstory was nice. Nothing tremendous, but not too bad. The dungeon itself was just sad though. I've always had a dislike for huge multi-floor combat only dungeons, and this one was no better than any other. It was nice to be able to complete the Bestiary/Oversoul Bestiary (which I did, Yay!), but other than that, it just seemed like a cheap way to extend gameplay. I'd have preferred either solo optional bosses, like the WEAPONs from VII, or actually full dungeons instead of bottomless pits of fighting.

BG-57
02-23-2008, 01:42 PM
Have you tried out The End GG yet?

CelestialStarDust
02-23-2008, 04:43 PM
i believe thats the one that lets you break hp and damage limits right?

BG-57
02-23-2008, 05:05 PM
Yes, although Higher Power also has them. But The End is a lot easier to use.