PDA

View Full Version : the ending?

Vincent Valentine 007
02-22-2008, 05:56 PM
Can anyone explain the ending of the game properly to me? I still don’t fully understand it, espically the 500 years later bit

Sephitachi7
02-22-2008, 07:12 PM
Umm, can you be more specific as to what you want explained? The 500 years later just means that Red XIII did find a mate like Bugenhagen said he would, that's why you see Him with offspring at the end.

Bolivar
02-22-2008, 09:32 PM
Well, all of it is there. The party just barely makes it out of the crater on the highwind, in time to see Midgar starting to be torn apart from Meteor, then Holy comes, but it has the opposite effect and it seems to be destroying things along with Meteor/making Meteor even more powerful.

When it seems like this is it, the strands of the lifestream start gathering and coming out of the ground to prevent it, and they effectively stop Meteor. It proves Sephiroth's theory correct - that if there was an impending danger large enough to threaten the very life of the planet, the planet would gather a large amount of energy enough to repel it/heal the wound. Except for some reason, the place that this occured was Midgar, not the Northern Crater. This fact seems to raise a few questions.

Also, because it shows Aeris' face at the end, I think her becoming one with the planet/lifestream was how she intended to stop it, as she said before she ran off that she's the only one who can. I think this is why she let herself be killed by Sephiroth, she knew that she had to enter the lifestream/become one with the planet in order to stop Meteor, which she expected that Sephiroth would summon any day now.

Sarc the Swordsman
02-23-2008, 10:21 AM
As for Red XII, he assumed he was the last of his species...but was proven wrong by eventually finding another of his kind. As for being 500 years later, Bugenhagen stated in the game that Red's kind were incredibly longlived.

Personally, I think Meteor was summoned above Midgar because effectively, Midgar itself was one of the bigger threats to the planet. (All the reactors/Shinra for example).

Vincent Valentine 007
02-23-2008, 12:54 PM
Well, all of it is there. The party just barely makes it out of the crater on the highwind, in time to see Midgar starting to be torn apart from Meteor, then Holy comes, but it has the opposite effect and it seems to be destroying things along with Meteor/making Meteor even more powerful.

When it seems like this is it, the strands of the lifestream start gathering and coming out of the ground to prevent it, and they effectively stop Meteor. It proves Sephiroth's theory correct - that if there was an impending danger large enough to threaten the very life of the planet, the planet would gather a large amount of energy enough to repel it/heal the wound. Except for some reason, the place that this occured was Midgar, not the Northern Crater. This fact seems to raise a few questions.

Also, because it shows Aeris' face at the end, I think her becoming one with the planet/lifestream was how she intended to stop it, as she said before she ran off that she's the only one who can. I think this is why she let herself be killed by Sephiroth, she knew that she had to enter the lifestream/become one with the planet in order to stop Meteor, which she expected that Sephiroth would summon any day now.

thats what i was looking for thanks! but when it says 500 years later is that ment to be the promised land? because everything is green and plush

BG-57
02-23-2008, 01:35 PM
I thought it was because Midgar was abandoned for 500 years. Remember that the reactors were sucking the life out of the ground and the surrounding area was a wasteland. Without mako reactors, the life could return to that part of the Planet.

Reminds me of those Mayan cities swallowed by jungle.

cloud21zidane16
02-23-2008, 01:45 PM
Yeah i also presumed where Midgar wasnt being used it was just nature taking its course and things start going moudly eventually until the whole place is green like the rest of the world.