PDA

View Full Version : *Sigh* Senioritis >:(

~*~Celes~*~
02-22-2008, 09:31 PM
I've recently had a BAD case of senioritis. For those of you who don't know what this is, it's basically when you get to your last year of high school and you lack motivation to do anything. You want to do your work because you want to be able to graduate but you're just so damn lazy that you can't bring yourself to open that textbook -.o

Anyone know how to battle this disease before it takes over and I end up taking exams? (if we have a B average in any class at the end of the year, we don't have to take finals.)

Tallulah
02-22-2008, 09:44 PM
I think that the knowledge that you don't have to take exams if you get over a certain mark would be enough motivation for me! Keep that happy thought in mind! :D

Try not to get bogged down to much with your college work, and if you need any help, don't be afraid to ask the teachers; that's what they're there for! (apparently! :p )

Above all, good luck! :)

Renmiri
02-23-2008, 12:11 AM
Just think that taking exams might make your parents mad and they might block you seeing your sweetie in June ;) I bet you will study hard :D

Ouch!
02-23-2008, 06:52 AM
I had senioritis the moment I stepped into my first class as a high school freshman.

Namelessfengir
02-23-2008, 07:07 AM
ive had that since i was a senior at grade school

Momiji
02-23-2008, 06:16 PM
I had senioritis the moment I stepped into my first class as a high school freshman.

Small world. I have as well, and I have only one week of school left. Five days. And I'm out of there.

And I STILL don't want to do my homework. :choc2:

Arc_Master_14
02-23-2008, 06:57 PM

Small world. I have as well, and I have only one week of school left. Five days. And I'm out of there.

Same here Yet i still have the best grades of my friends

Momiji
02-23-2008, 09:41 PM

Same here Yet i still have the best grades of my friends

I COULD have the best grades if I tried--I have the potential, but not the desire or motivation--unless it's classes like English, where I get straight A's without even trying while half of the class is failing. ;)

Shiny
02-23-2008, 11:25 PM
I've had senioritis since 5th grade. It turns off and on fortunately so that I can get work done from time to time. In turn, that enables me to get good grades and not be complete phale. You just gotta make procrastination work for you because odds are it will never go away once you get used to it.

Namelessfengir
02-24-2008, 03:02 AM
I COULD have the best grades if I tried--I have the potential, but not the desire or motivation--unless it's classes like English, where I get straight A's without even trying while half of the class is failing. ;)

me too i could have been valedictorian if i just cared.... oh well the girl who got it skipped a grade so guess she earned it

MKusanagi
02-26-2008, 05:29 AM
I've been battling this disease two years after I graduated. Good luck!

Mirage
02-26-2008, 05:33 AM
I always knew there was something wrong with me, now I know what it's called.

Akaria
02-26-2008, 10:21 AM
I got hardcore senioritis my last year in high school, and it still hasn't gone away in my second semester of college. Don't let it take over, because it's REALLY hard to get out of!:kaodizzy:

nozkits
03-03-2008, 04:31 AM

Same here. I was so lazy, but did graduate 3rd in my class of 800.

Anyway the best thing for him to do is embrace it, and score really low, like a C or B average.

High school is waaay too easy to even study for in my opinion, but as soon as I entered university a few years ago. I felt motivated to study, but mostly because its things that I mostly enjoy.

Woodinator
03-03-2008, 04:52 AM
Meh senioritis is unavoidable...

I remember I got it the last few months after I got accepted into college and got scholarships... i didn't feel like doing any more lab write-ups in ap chem and ended up getting a C in the class XD

rubah
03-03-2008, 05:36 AM
The best thing for senioritis is going outside. Playing kickball with the freshmen, painting the landscapes for art, discussing the finer points of poetry in ap lit, practicing music for band, reviewing your spanish vocab in a circle sitting indian style.

~*~Celes~*~
03-03-2008, 11:01 PM
Anyway the best thing for him to do is embrace it, and score really low, like a C or B average.

I'm a girl :(

I'm somehow managing to battle it o.o Thanks for the tips, guys ^^

Rye
03-04-2008, 02:31 AM
I've had senioritis since the middle of junior year. Not that it made much of a difference, because I never study or anything, but I still make straight A's in everything but Math, since my brain just doesn't understand it. xD

Now that I know where I'm going to college, I'm even MORE lazy.

Maybe motivation to get into your TOP CHOICE of college could help? It did for me.

Quindiana Jones
03-04-2008, 09:15 PM
Hah. I have that for my A levels. I have my French Oral exam in about 5 weeks, and I have yet to even have a complete presentation. :(

Momiji
03-05-2008, 01:25 AM
I have my French Oral exam in about 5 weeks

Sounds sexy. :jokey:

Oh, it feels so nice to not have to worry about school work! <3

hhr1dluv
03-05-2008, 04:58 AM
I never really had senioritis because I always had something to protect and/or work toward. In HS I had to work my buns off the whole way through to maintain my rank (stinky salutatorian would just NOT relax), and in college...well, I suppose I get junioritis sometimes. :p

Shlup
03-05-2008, 06:40 AM
Not having to take finals sounds like a good motivator. There was nothing like that at my school so I just rolled with the senioritis. So much so, in fact, that I graduated two months late. I think it was worth it though, for all the fun I had.

College is much better.