PDA

View Full Version : Kitchen utensils of doom

Rantz
02-23-2008, 01:06 PM
I don't get hurt very often. I tend to keep out of danger, because I'm a filthy coward. Of those times I do get hurt, however, about 93.4% happen in the kitchen.

Today, I cut myself with a cheese slicer while, you know, slicing cheese. This time, however, wasn't as bad as the time when I actually cut off a piece of my thumb (i.e. not just skin) with the same utensil. I did not know my thumb had so much blood in it!

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/4468/thumbne2.png
Ill. 1: How my thumb looked for three months

Yesterday, I cut my other thumb while cooking pork chops. A month or two ago, I managed to lift a saucepan in a way that it burned my arm. I still have the mark from that. A while before that, I burned my right thumb and index finger heavily while trying to lift something which should not have been lifted. I got one big blister on each finger and could hardly use them for half a month. And the list goes on.

Do you get hurt often? Are there any special areas or items that tend to hurt you more often than others?

KoShiatar
02-23-2008, 01:58 PM
I regularly burn myself while putting stuff in the heated oven or pulling it out. Once I burnt my right hand in a way that made it look like it had been grilled D: and I wondered for a while if the scar would go away!

Quindiana Jones
02-23-2008, 02:02 PM
I rule in the kitchen.

I don't think I've got any serious injuries. A quick slash from a knife whilst cutting something is most likely.

Jess
02-23-2008, 02:10 PM
I am a very clumsy person, so I'm always hurting myself in one way or another. I bump into objects constantly. I always have bruises! However, I rarely injure myself in the kitchen; I used to. I've got a little scar on both of my arms from where once of burnt both of my arms on the oven. Ouchies. :jess:

Randgris
02-23-2008, 06:31 PM
I hate cutting things. The blade, somehow, magically cuts my thumb (I don't know how, all I remember is a hot, tingling sensation on my skin). At one time I accidentally peeled my finger (I forgot which). Nothing major just the skin. My mom, however, got burnt by very hot cooking oil on her arm. It turned balloony for a few days. Now she has the scars to remind her.

P.S. She is an excellent cook.

Caraliz
02-23-2008, 07:21 PM
I get a lot of bruises on my legs. Gosh knows from what, but it's tough cookies for my legs. Always black 'n' blue. ;p

Sarc the Swordsman
02-23-2008, 11:06 PM
I think the worst accident in the kitchen I ever had was when my idiotic dad stacked a bunch of plates, mugs and bowls in the top cupboard - very unevenly.

So, when I went to open the cupboard...the entire lot came crashing down on top of, and around me. Had cuts and bruises from it.

I also cut my hand on a knife.

Montoya
02-24-2008, 10:50 AM
I always get paper cuts at work. It sucks because it doesn't bother me until later.

blackmage_nuke
02-24-2008, 10:55 AM
I suck at peeling stuff so i usually just eat stuff unpealed

Deborah
02-25-2008, 03:56 AM
The last bad kitchen injury I had was when I was cooking pancakes and the spatula handle melted next to the flame and I didn't see, So I ended up burning myself with the melted plastic handle. I cried.:(

Vermachtnis
02-25-2008, 04:05 AM
I poured really, really hot water on my foot. That's the last time I try to cook Oodles of Noodles.

Namelessfengir
02-25-2008, 04:17 AM
the middle knuckle on three fingers is kinda sunburn color after dipping my hand in the deep fryer i usually get my self while peeling/cutting potatoes

had a really close call while bring in hot soup ( we had just moped the floors i almost went flat on my ass while holding a crockpot worth of soup)

Little Al
02-25-2008, 05:22 AM
One of my injuries is marked on my right thumb joint, another on my left index finger. Both of them are cuts. (the cut on my right thumb involved a knife, and a slip-up while trying to open a bottle of barbeque sauce.) I also burned myself a couple of times as well. (Can't remember how those happened however)