PDA

View Full Version : PSP owners must get this

Vivisteiner
02-23-2008, 04:13 PM
This (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9leyM3Zatc) game is going to blow your mind.

To find out more, click here. (http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/psp/godofwar)

Jessweeee♪
02-23-2008, 04:20 PM
I'm not really a God of War fan :p

I AM SAVING EVERY PENNY FOR APOLLO JUSTICE. AND CRISIS CORE. BUT MOSTLY SIR JUSTICE.

Cookie
02-23-2008, 04:23 PM
God of War is overrated.

Vivisteiner
02-23-2008, 04:31 PM
Whats wrong with you people? This forum's messed up!

*sigh*

God of War on the PSP has amazing graphics, amazing gameplay, amazing music and a decent story. What more do you want?

Then again, with names like Cookie and Jessweeee♪, what can I expect? :p

Jessweeee♪
02-23-2008, 04:40 PM
My little brother loves God of War.

His usernames are usually something weird like whitedarkness249832058230958.

Madame Adequate
02-23-2008, 04:43 PM
God of War is overrated.

KoShiatar
02-23-2008, 05:10 PM
I'm tempted. I wish there was a Shadow of the Colossus for PSP, though.

Hazzard
02-23-2008, 05:14 PM
God of War is way too overrated. End it. End it now...

Vivisteiner
02-23-2008, 05:38 PM
Ok, in what way is God of War overrated?

Its better than anything Ico can come up with. Sure, Shadow of the Colossus was amazing, but its not God of War amazing. I just dont get it...what's not to like? The combat is just so damn good. Ehhhh, I mean, can you honestly say you dont enjoy the gameplay?

KentaRawr!
02-23-2008, 05:47 PM
I'm not a big fan of GoW. It's just not my kind of action game. Very impressive for a hand-held system, though! They seem to be really pushing the system. But I think in that aspect, it's still disappointing, simply because this game doesn't seem to take advantage of the PSP's portability, and looks to essentially be a smaller GoW, which is a system of making portable games I've never been too fond of, unless looking for a game with a retro feel to it.

I probably won't get it.

Momiji
02-23-2008, 05:50 PM
*in b4 thread drama lulz*

I won't get it, merely for the fact I don't own a PSP.

Captain Maxx Power
02-23-2008, 05:51 PM
Anyone here who doesn't appreciate God Of War lacks the testosterone necessary to make them a sane human being.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to this quite a bit. There's few really good action games on the PSP that don't involve the letters G T and A (if you want to talk overrated games, GTA is like the pinnacle of such things).

Vivisteiner
02-23-2008, 06:02 PM
Anyone here who doesn't appreciate God Of War lacks the testosterone necessary to make them a sane human being.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to this quite a bit. There's few really good action games on the PSP that don't involve the letters G T and A (if you want to talk overrated games, GTA is like the pinnacle of such things).
QFT

I'm not a big fan of GoW. It's just not my kind of action game. Very impressive for a hand-held system, though! They seem to be really pushing the system. But I think in that aspect, it's still disappointing, simply because this game doesn't seem to take advantage of the PSP's portability, and looks to essentially be a smaller GoW, which is a system of making portable games I've never been too fond of, unless looking for a game with a retro feel to it.

I probably won't get it.
The only thing that makes it 'portable' is the fact that there are loads of savepoints, so I hear. Even though it does lack typical portable stuff, it still would be hella fun to play on the go. I mean, there's no comparison between playing this and playing some random mini-game type thing on the DS. GoW just gives you so much more.

NeoCracker
02-23-2008, 06:06 PM
I thouroughly enjoy God of War.

However, to take such an awesome looking game and condensing it down onto a tiny screen such as that is inhumane.

KentaRawr!
02-23-2008, 06:07 PM
Hey now, the DS has seen some more than just Minigames. But the DS shouldn't really be part of some kind of comparison here, I was just saying that the game basically looks to be a GoW game with bad (but portable) hardware to work with, and with that, there should have been some features that really make it definable as a hand-held game, rather than an early PS2 title.

Vivisteiner
02-23-2008, 06:43 PM
^Yeah, the DS does have some awesome, 'proper' games.

I see where you're coming from, but personally, I think the best type of portable gaming is console gaming in your hands. Most of this interactive stuff doesn't interest me much.

I thouroughly enjoy God of War.

However, to take such an awesome looking game and condensing it down onto a tiny screen such as that is inhumane.
I think its really cool actually.

Cookie
02-23-2008, 06:57 PM

Its better than anything Ico can come up with. Sure, Shadow of the Colossus was amazing, but its not God of War amazing. I just dont get it...what's not to like? The combat is just so damn good. Ehhhh, I mean, can you honestly say you dont enjoy the gameplay?

I played both Onimusha and Devil May Cry when I was younger, and I think they just do what they do so much better than God of War does, yet everybody and their nan raves about how great it is. I think the graphics are pretty mediocre too (I'm talking PS2 version here) for all the attention they get. I find the game overrated, but the gameplay is enjoyable.

Roto13
02-23-2008, 07:00 PM
I didn't like God of War I. And Jaffe is a prick, so I don't like the idea of my money going anywhere near him.

And I don't have a PSP.

Raebus
02-23-2008, 07:02 PM
Don't have a Psp and not too interested in God of War.

Enjoy it though, the rest of you. :)

Dreddz
02-23-2008, 07:03 PM
Gos of War is awesome. Im getting this for sure.

ljkkjlcm9
02-23-2008, 07:09 PM
God of War is a fun game... once.

It's extremely repetitive, and on the harder difficulties, just monotonous. I've watched my roommate, who is in love with God of War, play the hardest difficulties after beating the lower difficulties like a billion times. The fact that you can sit there fighting a boss, avoiding everything for like an hour, then get hit like 2 times and die... that's hardly my idea of fun.

As I said. It's a fun game, and really cool at times. But playing through the story more than once, I could never do. As for a PSP version of it. They're losing a HUGE audience by doing that. PSP hasn't sold nearly as much as PS2 has. And I can guarantee someone like my roommate, who has been waiting for a new God of War, is not going to buy a PSP to play it, as much as he loves the games.

THE JACKEL

XxSephirothxX
02-23-2008, 07:17 PM
It's like you people hate action games. :confused:

I don't have a PSP, so I don't know if I'll get to play Chains of Olympus. There are rumors it'll be ported to the PS2, which there is precedence for. If that happens, I'll definitely play it.

ljkkjlcm9
02-23-2008, 07:23 PM
It's like you people hate action games. :confused:

I don't have a PSP, so I don't know if I'll get to play Chains of Olympus. There are rumors it'll be ported to the PS2, which there is precedence for. If that happens, I'll definitely play it.

No don't get me wrong, I love action games. And it is fun. I enjoyed playing through both games, but I couldn't play through them again. It's repetitive. It's like, Zelda. I'll be honest with you. I love the games, I really enjoy the first play through... but I CAN'T play through it again. I know everything, I don't have to think about anything, and nothing is a challenge. I could never replay a Fire Emblem game either. They're great, but so frustrating on the harder difficulties. It's often why I start on the hardest difficulty.

There are very few games I can play back through after I beat them. And if i do, it's usually at a much later time.
On top of that, I have never supported buying a system for one game.

THE JACKEL

Vivisteiner
02-23-2008, 07:32 PM
Ive only played GoW once. It was awesome. I havent played GoWII yet.

I have no time and no money. So maybe the love will die during the summer holidays when I play it for 4 jazillion hours in a row.

Vyk
02-23-2008, 07:37 PM

I played both Onimusha and Devil May Cry when I was younger, and I think they just do what they do so much better than God of War does, yet everybody and their nan raves about how great it is. I think the graphics are pretty mediocre too (I'm talking PS2 version here) for all the attention they get. I find the game overrated, but the gameplay is enjoyable.
Funny. I played all those games too. But the only one I enjoyed was GoW. I'm not a big fan of the controls Capcom chooses in their 3D games :[ But ah well. I tried getting into GoW2. Didn't happen. So I doubt I'd get a PSP for this game :} But I'm happy to know if I ever do get interested again. There's some games in the series out there waiting for me

LunarWeaver
02-23-2008, 07:43 PM
This game makes me want a PSP much more than any other. I love this series to death. GoW I and II are my favorite action games :jess: C'mon now! It does great action, puzzles that are actually fun and interesting, huge boss fights, huge environments, and an interesting story while making it look easy. Not to mention lots of violence -- my number one fetish!

But, yeah, it probably will get ported to the Ps2 eventually. I'll have to wait and see~

Nifleheim7
02-23-2008, 07:59 PM
Its better than anything Ico can come up with.

Oh,please don't do that...They are totally different games and it's unfair to compare them.There's a million miles of difference between Ready at Dawn Studios and Team Ico.

I played God of War 1 and didn't like it.And it's not that i don't like the genre because Onimusha and Devil May Cry are two of my favourite series.Personally i found the character designs and story unimaginative,the music wasn't something memorable either,and the gameplay didn't offered anything new to longtime fans of the genre.
Also things like THAT (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=451414&in_page_id=1770&ct=5/) didn't improve my opinion about the game.

Raebus
02-23-2008, 08:02 PM
Ha, I like where this thread is going.

I hope it stays this entertaining.

Vivisteiner
02-23-2008, 08:11 PM
^Oh shaddap.

God of War is amazing. You guys who think otherwise are all morons. Anyone who disagrees will have to fight Kratos himself. And he's got motherfucking chain blades attached to his arms.

http://games.kikizo.com/media/godofwar_jul05/01c.jpg

And if you get him angry, then he transforms into the vicious, brutal, indestructible....

http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/resources/2007/03/cod01.jpg

Nifleheim7
02-23-2008, 08:24 PM
^Oh shaddap.

God of War is amazing. You guys who think otherwise are all morons. Anyone who disagrees will have to fight Kratos himself. And he's got mothersmurfing chain blades attached to his arms.

http://games.kikizo.com/media/godofwar_jul05/01c.jpg

And if you get him angry, then he transforms into the vicious, brutal, indestructible....

http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/resources/2007/03/cod01.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a235/polonoid/stuff/scared.jpg

KentaRawr!
02-23-2008, 08:25 PM
Holy shiznittlebiscuits! He must have absorbed the soul of the God of the Seas!!

Montoya
02-23-2008, 09:34 PM
I own and played God of War I. While it was a good game, I couldn't help but feel it was overrated when I played it.
The graphics weren't amazing and it was way too repetitive.
I should give it another try though.

Necronopticous
02-23-2008, 10:04 PM
God of War, more like God of Bore.

Vivisteiner
02-23-2008, 10:21 PM
^OMG, God of War is God of Bore!? I cant take this anymore!

This is ridiculous. How? What? When? Where?

I just dont get it. Its not possible. This isnt happening.

O NOES!!! AYE CARAMBA! My head is going to explooooooooode.

...why do I still visit these foroomz?

KentaRawr!
02-23-2008, 10:22 PM
God of War, more like God of Bore.

Chlorophyll? More like "Bore"ophyll!

Captain Maxx Power
02-23-2008, 10:42 PM
Every Zelda game since 1993 is totally unoriginal!

Metal Gear Solid is a bunch of sub-Steven Seagal claptrap!

GTA is a stupid glorification of gangster lifestyle and frustrating gameplay!

Super Smash Brothers is overrated!

Now choke on that you space-wasting heathens!

KentaRawr!
02-23-2008, 10:51 PM
Every Zelda game since 1993 is totally unoriginal!

Metal Gear Solid is a bunch of sub-Steven Seagal claptrap!

GTA is a stupid glorification of gangster lifestyle and frustrating gameplay!

Super Smash Brothers is overrated!

Now choke on that you space-wasting heathens!

Your avatar is from a game that's overrated for being underrated. :monster:

Roto13
02-23-2008, 10:54 PM
Your mom is overrated. She's not that great in the sack.

Vivisteiner
02-23-2008, 10:56 PM
^Your face is overrated.

Well, at least the guy in your avatar who is pretending to be your face is.

Madame Adequate
02-23-2008, 11:23 PM
FYI, overrated does not mean bad. Y'all need to realize that. I like GoW. I should play it more, honestly. It's fun. But it's not, to me, what people make it out to be.

Montoya
02-24-2008, 11:50 AM
FYI, overrated does not mean bad. Y'all need to realize that. I like GoW. I should play it more, honestly. It's fun. But it's not, to me, what people make it out to be.

Vyk
02-24-2008, 03:02 PM
Though it is usually used as an insult. Probably because the people using it are trying to find a way to express some kind of disappointment. Though I suppose it could be categorized right there with the FF7 "hate the hype" trend. Funny thing is most of what Maxx sarcastically bashed, I'd have to agree with. All nintendo games to me are horribly repetitive, childish, boring, and way overrated. But that's just me. Not to say I hate them or think anyone shouldn't buy them. Its more like I wish I knew why other people enjoyed it so much and wish I could share that. But I don't see it happening. GoW managed to find its way past all that for me. But I wouldn't really glorify it for that. But if we were talking Beyond Good and Evil or something....

KentaRawr!
02-24-2008, 03:23 PM
I still don't get why everyone feels like Nintendo is relevant to this thread. :p

Vivisteiner
02-24-2008, 03:35 PM
^Because Nintendo smurfing suck.

There, I said it. Prepare the funeral.

Raebus
02-24-2008, 03:36 PM
I'll just think your joking around and don't mean that and continue to take notice of your opinion instead of blanking you out.

/kidding

Vivisteiner
02-24-2008, 04:27 PM
The only good thing to come out of Nintendo was Pokemon.

Momiji
02-24-2008, 04:46 PM
^Because Nintendo smurfing suck.

There, I said it. Prepare the funeral.

And this was the drama I expected.

Grow the hell up and shut the fuck up.

Croyles
02-24-2008, 05:22 PM
You may not like it and thats fine, but plenty of people do so I dont see how it is overrated. I dont get why so many people like these DS games, which I have tried myself, but seems plenty of other people like them so fair enough.
And to Roto13, I dont know why anyone should care about Jaffe's character or personal life, he makes GoW and Twisted Metal, nuff said.
Maybe its as Vyk said, 'hate the hype'?.

Vivisteiner
02-24-2008, 05:39 PM
@Momiji: Lol, calm down, its only a commercial.

Anyway, Jaffe wasnt involved in making Chains of Olympus and he's left now anyway. They producer of the PSP title is a legend called Ru Weerasuriya. I liked what he said about video game violence:

The Angry Gamer Network - Ready at Dawn's Ru Weerasuriya talks about violence in media (http://www.angrygamernet.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=27347&Itemid=12)

KentaRawr!
02-24-2008, 06:02 PM
I just don't get it. A thread was made about a PSP game, and the first thing on everyone's mind when someone dislikes said PSP game is a comparison to Nintendo. It doesn't make any sense! >=/

I have the slight feeling that this thread may be closed. Or that the title will be changed to "Nintendo: Sucky or not?"

Roto13
02-24-2008, 06:03 PM
And to Roto13, I dont know why anyone should care about Jaffe's character or personal life, he makes GoW and Twisted Metal, nuff said.

It's not his personal life (I don't know anything about that) it's the bull:skull::skull::skull::skull: he spouts whenever anyone gives him the opportunity to talk about video games. He's a dumbass and I don't want my money going to him.

He's like the video game industry's equivalent to Bill O'Reily.

Del Murder
02-25-2008, 06:04 AM
Let's behave ourselves in this thread please. Keep to the original topic.

JKTrix
02-25-2008, 12:37 PM
I thought this thread was about Patapon (http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-gaming-discussion/114803-patapon.html). It should be about Patapon (http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-gaming-discussion/114803-patapon.html), a game "PSP owners must get".

Patapon (http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-gaming-discussion/114803-patapon.html).

God of War will almost definitely be coming to PS2.

Rostum
02-25-2008, 09:52 PM
God of War is awesome. I love the gameplay and I love the environments and exploration as well as the puzzles. The gore is alright, some things are pretty cool -- it is just so epic in every aspect.

By the way, I doubt this God of War is coming to PS2. It was a project developed for the PSP and they are working on God of War 3 for the PS3.

Big D
02-25-2008, 10:04 PM
I'll probably pick up the GoW titles for the PS2 if I ever find them cheap enough... I've played a demo, and watched others playing further stages at parties, so the full game might be worth a go.

Dreddz
02-26-2008, 12:16 AM
Why is everyone quick to assume that this game will come out on PS2? Not all high profile PSP games go to the PS2. Actually, hardly any of them do.

And whats with the hate towards David Jaffe. I think hes great. He doesnt talk like some jackass PR spokesman who cant give a straight answer to anything. Plus hes the mind behind some great franchises so he is some what of a professional. I saw him one time straight up trash Uwe Boll to his face when he was asked if he wanted Uwe Boll to make a God of War movie. Now thats awesome.

KentaRawr!
02-26-2008, 12:19 AM
Poor Mr. Boll.

Jessweeee♪
02-26-2008, 01:08 AM
Oh, my o:

Little Al
02-26-2008, 01:36 AM
I thought this thread was about Patapon (http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-gaming-discussion/114803-patapon.html).I thought this thread was about Crisis Core. Or some other RPG like Riveria: The Promised Land.

Rostum
02-26-2008, 04:25 AM
I'll probably pick up the GoW titles for the PS2 if I ever find them cheap enough... I've played a demo, and watched others playing further stages at parties, so the full game might be worth a go.

I'm not sure about New Zealand, but they are quite cheap here in Australia now. I picked up both games for around $40AUD. I'd say it's worth it, they aren't really long games or anything.

JKTrix
02-26-2008, 01:05 PM
Why is everyone quick to assume that this game will come out on PS2? Not all high profile PSP games go to the PS2. Actually, hardly any of them do.

It's less of an assumption than an inevitability methinks. (http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3165866) While true that not all high profile games get transferred, the fact that this is a 1st party game from a massive franchise gives it that much more chance of being brought over. It probably won't happen for a good long while, because they obviously want to sell it on PSP first.

Based on prior trends--Syphon Filter DM, Ratchet & Clank SM, Twisted Metal HO (all Sony games)--we can assume that it'll take a year or more to come out. People who really want to play the game will get it for PSP. By time the PS2 version rolls around, the people who had it on PSP prior probably won't care about the exclusivity since it's a year-old game. Unless they add more stuff to it like they did with Twisted Metal, then they'll probably buy it again.

And I'm sure the GoW3 team (who I'd imagine has little to do with this game) would enjoy the extra monetary boost from a PS2 version down the line.

Games like Silent Hill and GTA, while also having PS2 ports, are not Sony games. Also, some games like Yu Gi Oh forego the whole facade and just release it on both at the same time (though Yu Gi Oh does something special (http://www.pspfanboy.com/2008/01/24/finally-ps2-and-psp-owners-can-go-head-to-head/) with it)

sage: Of course, everyone can be wrong (http://www.readyatdawn.com/news.php?offset=0&news_toc=0&pr_toc=0).

Captain Maxx Power
03-09-2008, 01:45 AM
This topic's like three weeks old, seriously. O well, if we're being encouraged to Necropost...

Considering the limitations of the system compared to the PS2, it's a massive technological achievement. It's probably the best-looking and smoothest PSP game I've ever played. Plus it's always fun to indulge in a bit of mindless Kratos-style violence.

Rostum
03-09-2008, 03:40 AM
Right I forgot about this thread.

Markus. D
03-09-2008, 07:35 AM
I HATE how folk mindlessly compare this masher to the beauty that is DMC Gameplay.

KentaRawr!
03-09-2008, 01:13 PM
I HATE how folk mindlessly compare this masher to the beauty that is DMC Gameplay.

Well, of course they're to be compared, as they're in the same genre. However, saying the two are alike is foolishness. It would be like saying Gunstar Heroes is just like Mega Man X 3. :p

Dreddz
03-09-2008, 10:49 PM
Copy arrived yesterday and, as I expected, it only took me a day to beat. That said, what they crammed in that five hours was incredible. The game is ultimately a stripped down version of the console titles, and I hear alot of criticism about that. But honestly, how can you fault a game when you've moved it to a portable system.

My criticisms were the controls. They have done they're best with the limitations of the PSP but dodging still felt clumsy and I hardly ever went the exact direction I wanted to go. This made the game alot harder than it should of been in my opinion. Although on the whole the game was a breeze, more so than the console games. Kinda disappointing. Also the nub on the PSP was awful when it came to quick time events. They say you get used to it but I never did.

The combat was still great though, so that rides over all of the faults the game had. The game was still as crazy and epic as you'd expect a God of War game to be. With Silent Hill Origins being the first portable game that was scary, and Chains of Olympus being the first true epic title on the go, I think the PSP has come along way in the last few months. Just a shame that after Crisis Core the system wont have much going on.

Vivisteiner
03-12-2008, 04:39 PM
^What about Dissidia?

Anyway, it arrived today and I finished the first level and a bit. Its fun! But I dont have a memory stick atm, so I stopped playing.