PDA

View Full Version : RPG maker games lagging

Bahamut2000X
02-24-2008, 02:19 AM
Yeah I'm shocked that such a small game engine and it could lag on me. But all of a sudden when I play my games lag every couple of seconds. It's quite hard to enjoy a game with these annoyances. So I'm not much of a technical type of person so I'm not sure what could be causing such a thing as everything else on my computer runs fine, I even run much more process killing games perfectly fine. I have yet to try a reinstall of the RTP, though I'm skeptical that that could be the issue.

So anyone with a bit more computer knowledge that could help would be awesome.

EDIT: Hmm so I tested out a few more games and it's only a few games, some lag and some won't so this puzzles me further.

Nominus Experse
02-24-2008, 04:19 AM
Is this RPG Maker XP?

If so, the lag may be because of either of the following (and could be a combination of any):

When there are a high number of events on a single map, the engine will lag.

One script that solves this ccan be found here"
RPG RPG Revolution: Zeriab's Anti Event Lag System (http://www.rpgrevolution.com/script/1/)

Sometimes the engine will experience halting speed when you are traveling on a rather large map (300+ x 300+). Alas, there is no script to truly help this if it happens to be an issue.

Your system just sucks and your copy of RMXP is from the black bile of hell.

*By the way, if you are playing games created by people using RMXP and they didn't incorporate an anti-lag script, then they are fucking moronic and need to fix their games.

Baloki
02-24-2008, 10:32 AM
Some music files and animations will also cause lag issues.

Bahamut2000X
02-24-2008, 04:25 PM
I should of specified. I'm playing 2k/2003 games. I just downloaded a new 2003 and thought maybe the lag was just in the intro area, but it continued when I went into a new map. And it even lags on the main start menu.

I played some older games to see if they had lag and I found at least one 2k game that suddenly began to lag which I've never had problems with in the past. It leads me to think it's my computer somehow but I just don't see that being the case, I wasn't even using double digits on processing power when I checked my task manager and had the games running.

It's kind of a strange error to really be getting.

Nominus Experse
02-24-2008, 09:55 PM
I know some pirated versions of the 2k and 2k3 RPG Maker series were rather buggy, so you may have downloaded one such buggy pirated versions.

It could be some problem with the installation or how the events are being handled within the games.

If you're running Vista, that could be an issue as well, since Vista sucks ass and isn't compatible with fucking anything because they expect everyone to cater to their software, rather than make an operable OS for the god damned public...

Fynn
02-24-2008, 11:07 PM
I had that too. It can't be that it's about Vista, because I was running it on my good old Windows 98... Anyway, I think it's probably the version that's sucky...

Bahamut2000X
02-25-2008, 03:39 AM
I run on windows 2k. As for the version of RPG maker I got it shouldn't be that. I mean I've had it installed on my system for well over 3 years, so unless it drastically changed I'm at a loss as to what would cause such a huge increase in lag. It might just be the events but other people have played the game and they haven't had huge issues playing it. So I dunno.

Nominus Experse
02-25-2008, 05:33 AM
The only thing left that could possibly be an issue would be your graphics card, but truly, RM2K is so "light" in terms of its graphic demand, that I don't understand how it could be that (unless there was some inexplicable driver or graphics card-to-program issue).

Still very strange, though.

o_O
02-25-2008, 06:58 AM
My immediate guess would be that your CPU isn't powerful enough. That typically would cause lagging and lockups. Bear in mind that I've never used any version of this software, so I don't know about known bugs or anything. :p

Baloki
02-25-2008, 10:29 AM
My immediate guess would be that your CPU isn't powerful enough. That typically would cause lagging and lockups. Bear in mind that I've never used any version of this software, so I don't know about known bugs or anything. :p

RM2k3 is designed to run on a low spec P2 chip or higher :)