PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy X/X-2 Vocal Collections

Jessweeee♪
02-24-2008, 02:37 AM
So what's your opinion of it?

There's a few that I like, there's some that I REALLY DON'T LIKE. My favorite is the Feel remix, and the Real Emotion remix n.n

Feel especially!

Marshall Banana
02-24-2008, 04:20 AM
I've always liked Morning Glow. =O

Roogle
02-25-2008, 10:09 PM
I like the vocalized character themes from the Final Fantasy X-2 Vocal Collections.

It is unfortunate that the North American localization does not adapt these titles. I would have been interesting to see if Tara Strong (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0152839/) could rap, but, at the same time, I think that song concepts sound less corny when they are in another language.

Jessweeee♪
02-26-2008, 12:14 AM
Yeah :(

Some of these were awful, and some of these I really like but would really not like if I heard them in a language I'm fluent in x.x

Roogle
02-26-2008, 03:37 PM
I think that the problem with many of the songs is that the lyrics are extremely sappy when spoken under English. This is the rap part of Hadashi no Kiseki:

You're worrying over your reason for running off
That's a bad habit of yours
Before asking "why?" or "what for?"
Let's take off, still barefoot
And fly to the ends of the map
Let's both you and I score a goal
Just a little further now
Just a lot further now
Let's go right to the world's edge
Before someone catches up to us
It's okay if you stumble!
I'm right here by your side
And I'll be backing you up
Till you're in high spirits again
"Why am I doing this?", you ask?
Well, that's pretty obvious!

I would feel pretty awkward if I heard Tara Strong rapping similar lines in her childish Rikku voice; I would, however, be interested in seeing if she could actually do it or not —

I liked the vocalization of Paine's Theme. I thought it was weird that she even sang, though, and if it was an important part of her character to the point that it was included on the album, then maybe she should have had a little sing and dance scene in the game, too. I mean, they could all use that Songstress sphere, right?

crono_logical
02-26-2008, 06:45 PM
Hadashi no Kiseki's a great song :p

Character songs for video games/anime are pretty popular in Japan, and even done for characters regardless of whether you'd think their personality would allow them to sing or not :p Extra stream of revenue :D

rubah
02-27-2008, 04:42 AM
they annoy me mostly xD

Go Dream makes me laugh though xD