PDA

View Full Version : Image issues

NeoCracker
02-24-2008, 08:54 AM
Okay, I am having some serious issues here.

I post a link from my Photobucket, and I can't see the image.

If I quote that post, I can see the tags and link, but the actual post I see no image.

Other people can see my pics though, which is wierd.

I think it might be why I couldn't view a link to photobucket someone else sent me, and I clicked the link, but it didnt' load up the picture.

Since others can see it, it's not just photo bucket, and I can see all the images other people have been posting.

(I don't know if it's related, but I also haven't been able to view various online videos I can normally see, but now some Youtube videos wont' even load up for me.)

I scanned with my AVG and found no Virus's.

Any Idea what the hells going on?

Edit: Okay, Things aren't showing up from that snowwy-day site of Rubah's Either.

Renmiri
02-24-2008, 10:18 AM
Err... Clear cache ?

Use Ctrl-F5 to truly clear it

NeoCracker
02-24-2008, 10:49 AM
Nope, nothing.

IT's weird, it's like my comp is picking and choosing what I can and cannot see or listen to on youtube.

I can listen to, say, Good Charlotte - Dance Floor Anthem and Notorious B.I.G. - Hypnotize, but no Billy Joel or Kamelot.

And thats just on Youtube.

A friend said it happened to them too, and after a week it just started working fine again. But thats not excatly a very safe stratagy to use.

Nominus Experse
02-25-2008, 05:39 AM
Try using a different web browser and see if you get the same result. If you don't, then either the previous web browser simply cannot display the things you wish to see, or is having some strange fit that it hasn't reconciled yet (somehow the program went haywire and needs to be re-installed).

That's about all I can offer.

NeoCracker
02-27-2008, 01:46 AM
Nope, still nothing.

Thanks though Nominus.

JKTrix
02-27-2008, 01:21 PM
Are you and your friend in China? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_censorship_in_the_People's_Republic_of_China)

Kind of weird for that to be happening. Censorship is the only thing I can really think of being the case, short of just having a wonky internet connection.

o_O
02-27-2008, 07:27 PM
I doubt it's anything less localised than a fault of the computer you're using. It could be a DNS problem but I doubt that, since you're able to view some Youtube videos.

Try this anyway: Press Window+R.
Run "ncpa.cpl".
Right click Local Area Connection (or Wireless Network Connection if you're using wireless) and go to properties.
Double click Internet Protocol TCP/IP. If you're on Vista you need to select the ipv4 one.
Make sure the dot is in "Use the following DNS servers" or whatever it says. The bottom bit. :p
Put these IP addresses in for primary and secondary, respectively: <b>208.67.222.222</b> and <b>208.67.220.220</b>.
Press ok until you're out of all of the dialogs.
Try to view some Photobucket pictures.
???
Profit.

Can you try another computer on the same internet connection?

rubah
02-28-2008, 02:22 AM
psh, pressing opendns on unwitting people, mike!

o_O
02-28-2008, 03:55 AM
psh, pressing opendns on unwitting people, mike!

Hey, I wish someone pressed OpenDNS on me! :p

NeoCracker
02-28-2008, 06:42 AM
No need to do any of that, local connection crashed, reset the router when it came back up, and now it works perfect.

No Idea how, but no problems now.

o_O
02-28-2008, 07:38 AM
Did you try resetting your router before? :p

NeoCracker
02-28-2008, 08:27 AM
Actually no.

But would that really have helped? I mean it's only select things I couldn't see or watch.

Renmiri
02-28-2008, 03:19 PM
It does seem like a cache got cleared and your PC has redownloaded the problem files.

crono_logical
02-28-2008, 07:01 PM
maybe weird cache/memory problem in the router :p You do realise youtube is not one server but lots, so saying some things work but others don't on youtube doesn't necessarily mean filtering :p

NeoCracker
02-28-2008, 10:44 PM
I didn't even know what I was sayihng meant you dufus, thats why I needed help!
*Smacks clout with a stick*

Though I didn't know the router had a cache. Learn something new evertime I decide to pay attention I guess.

Thanks for the help though guys.