PDA

View Full Version : The best midnight snack EVER!

Avarice-ness
02-24-2008, 09:23 AM
I normally have some kind of snack in the middle of the night, usually it's something of a cold category like ice cream or Popsicles, well.. Tonight I have chips and Salsa con Queso!

And it is awesome~ I do have some Ice Cream in the freezer but tonight I felt like jumping out into something different!

Anyways, do you eat snacks after midnight? Do you think Midnight snacks only count for the midnight hour? I think that midnight snacks go from 12am to about 5am.

So! What's your choice of midnight snacks? Why is it your favorite?!

Necronopticous
02-24-2008, 09:26 AM
I'm eating some Sanritsu chocolate GENJI-PIE cookies right now, and I think a good argument could be made for them.

<CENTER>http://www.koamart.com/images/products/2619_enlarged.jpg</CENTER>

NeoCracker
02-24-2008, 09:26 AM
Basically anything.

Though I am rather fond of Hotpockets a 1 in the morning.

Miriel
02-24-2008, 09:49 AM
Midnight snacks are sooo bad. But sooooo good!

Leftovers are just killer in the middle of the night. BBQ Thai chicken from the night before, cold pizza, boxed up jambalaya from CPK, any form of leftover nuked until it's sizzling is just so freakin' good in the middle of the night.

Avarice-ness
02-24-2008, 09:52 AM
Midnight snacks are sooo bad. But sooooo good!

Leftovers are just killer in the middle of the night. BBQ Thai chicken from the night before, cold pizza, boxed up jambalaya from CPK, any form of leftover nuked until it's sizzling is just so freakin' good in the middle of the night.

xD That's so true. It makes me wonder if things taste better at night because sometimes my leftovers don't appeal to me during the day but once it passes a certain time I'm like "OMG I'M CRAVING IT."

Montoya
02-24-2008, 10:04 AM
Mmmmm, I want some Lemon and Chile Lays chips. Anyone can give me some right now? I'll pay them back.

Sarc the Swordsman
02-24-2008, 10:50 AM
I usually have a midnight snack between 12am and 2am most nights. I'm a night owl, so I stay up late and then sleep in late! As far as the snacks themselves go, usually a piece of fruit, some chocolate, a yoghurt or some cereal.

Momiji
02-24-2008, 05:15 PM
I'm eating some Sanritsu chocolate GENJI-PIE cookies right now, and I think a good argument could be made for them.

<CENTER>http://www.koamart.com/images/products/2619_enlarged.jpg</CENTER>

Those are good! I'm not sure of the brand, but I've had those before.

Normally, I'll just eat a cookie or something. If I'm really hungry, Maruchan Yakisoba/Ramen.

Breine
02-24-2008, 05:17 PM
Food left over from dinner that night, chocolate, any sort of candy/sweets.. If I'm feeling snacky anything goes, really.

Shiny
02-24-2008, 06:27 PM
Not only is Genji-Pie cookies shaped like a butt, but it also has the name Genji in it. I like ice cream cake in the middle of the night.

Cz
02-24-2008, 06:48 PM
Cereal. Cereal can be eaten at any time of day, but it's especially delicious in the early hours of the morning.

Shauna
02-24-2008, 06:50 PM
Cereal. Cereal can be eaten at any time of day, but it's especially delicious in the early hours of the morning.

Yes.

But, when it comes to a midnight snack, I tend to just... eat whatever I find. Which isn't much, usually.

Psychotic
02-24-2008, 06:50 PM
I like bacon, toast, popcorn or sausage rolls (or pigs in blankets as I think you crazy American folk call them) at that time of night.

Shoeberto
02-24-2008, 06:54 PM
I like bacon, toast, popcorn or sausage rolls (or pigs in blankets as I think you crazy American folk call them) at that time of night.
Pigs in a blanket are when you wrap hot dogs in a croissant and bake them. Which seems like it'd be entirely too much effort for a late night snack!

I'm really lazy about snacks in the middle of the night. I don't want anything that requires cleaning. Left over cold pizza is usually absolutely amazing though.

Markus. D
02-24-2008, 07:28 PM
I wanna try a hot pocket one day...

OOoooh, I'm going to buy a new popcorn chicken melt from KFC.. and eat it right away.

Not that any of this is on-topic, I've just never snacked at midnight :(

Shoeberto
02-24-2008, 07:36 PM
You might regret it.

(hint: they're awful)

NeoCracker
02-24-2008, 07:39 PM
You might regret it.

You are obviously a failure at life.

From here on out, all of your opinions are rejected.

Vyk
02-24-2008, 08:45 PM
Hey I got an idea! How 'bout we take a poptart and stuff it with nasty meat :[ /jim gaffigan <3

Chips and salsa sounds heavenly. Just had some the other day. But the bottle of salsa was so small... It didn't last long. I have a bad habit of eating poptarts at night. Though I much rather real food. Lunch meat sandwiches. Frozen pizza things (rolls/bagels/bread)

Zeldy
02-24-2008, 09:04 PM
You might regret it.

They're fit.

I like eating Bourbons at any of the time day, including midnight.

LunarWeaver
02-24-2008, 09:11 PM
I eat pickles because I'm a sick motha.

Madame Adequate
02-24-2008, 09:21 PM
I do most of my eating between 12am and 5am, so you could say I need midnight snacks or I will die.

Sammiches, toast, cereal, microwave pizza, Pot Noodles, sausage rolls, whatever I can find, really. It's all good.

Caraliz
02-25-2008, 01:05 AM
Hot Pockets are the nastiest things on this earth. :jess:

I eat a lot at night. And anytime. My favorite midnight snack though is an onion bagel with butter, turkey breast, tomato and salt. :bigsmile:

Little Al
02-25-2008, 01:13 AM
I usually pop some Ellio's into the microwave, and then enjoy some of that cheesy and tomatoey goodness. I also might use a one of those "boil 'n serve" packets of ramen to prepare a bowl of ramen. It usually depends on what I'm in the mood for. Of course there is the occasional takeout from some restaurants (fast-food or regular. The most likely one is fast-food). Chicken and burgers being on the top of my list of things that are ordered via takeout.

qwertysaur
02-25-2008, 01:17 AM
Ramen is a great midnight snack. :tongue:

Necronopticous
02-25-2008, 01:29 AM
I wanna try a hot pocket one day...I'd <A href="http://www.cockeyed.com/science/hotpocket/hotpok1.html">steer clear</A>.

<CENTER>http://www.cockeyed.com/science/hotpocket/hotpok7.jpg</CENTER>

Arc_Master_14
02-25-2008, 01:34 AM
Its usually what ever i see first that looks good which 90% of the time its either ramen or ice cream and out of that 90%, 90% is Ramen

hhr1dluv
02-25-2008, 01:38 AM
I have three favorite midnight snacks, depending on my location and my situation. If I'm at home, my favorite midnight snack is oreos and milk. If I'm at school, a 24-hour place called Gourmet Heaven has an amazing sandwich made with turkey, apple slices, brie, and honey mustard. If my BAC is somewhat higher than usual, I loff me some Wenzel (buffalo chicken hero).

Ace14
02-25-2008, 01:58 AM
I love midnight snacks! Mine usually consist of sandwichs, pizza, cookies, or chocolate. Normally it's just a sandwich because it's really easy to make and its really good! My midnight sandwichs are always best though, they include mayo mustard turkey cheese ranch more turkey all on a french bread roll. Mmmmm :D

Heath
02-25-2008, 02:03 AM
If I'm hungry of an evening I usually tend to either get some crisps or fruit or have some toast or cereal. I would say that I don't eat breakfast but I suppose I do, I just seem to have it at about ten or eleven at night. I also sometimes have a tin of mackerel in sunflower oil because it's relatively low calorie and I don't tend to eat much fish otherwise so it's a good way to get some into my diet.

Deborah
02-25-2008, 03:53 AM
I usually just drink tea at night, although if I was super hungry I would probably have some cereal. :p

Strawberry_Mew
02-25-2008, 06:14 AM
O man so many to choose from lol I love anything with Chocolate and some food that my Asain Best friend likes lol Like Rollercoasters and Clovers and YanYan XD

Woodinator
02-25-2008, 06:28 AM
I basically eat anything that's in our dorm room...usually pretzels or chips...maybe cookies (those swedish fish are looking good right now)

I'm too lazy to actually make something

Randgris
02-25-2008, 09:05 AM
Anything I can grab from our fridge, mostly left-overs. I think the best would be chocolate porridge.

Aerith's Knight
02-25-2008, 03:31 PM
something fried.. that i can put on a sandwhich.. hmmm *gurgles*

Jess
02-25-2008, 05:15 PM
I depends. I tend to go through phases where I crave things, and I'll keep craving them until I eat them. I guess the best midnight snack would be whatever I'm craving at the time!

Things that are always good at night though are; toast, bread and sour cream and chive dip, strawberries/apples, yoghurts or raspberry ripple ice cream. :jess:

escobert
02-25-2008, 05:42 PM
Hot Pockets are the nastiest things on this earth. :jess:

I eat a lot at night. And anytime. My favorite midnight snack though is an onion bagel with butter, turkey breast, tomato and salt. :bigsmile:

you and your sammiches :P

cookies! YUM :D

Araciel
02-25-2008, 08:27 PM
Peanut butter toast fools.

Namelessfengir
02-25-2008, 11:48 PM
toast, crackers, pepperoni, sweets dont last long enough to eat them at midnight

Ashi
02-27-2008, 08:10 AM
I once innocently poured a whole mini bag of the blue skittles in my mouth past midnight, not even giving a second look to the flavour - my mouth was sour for a week or two. The next snack I resorted to was flamin' hot cheetos.

Though I don't really like late night snacks anymore since I try not to be awake then.

Balzac
02-27-2008, 08:23 AM
I tend to eat copious amounts of these:

http://www.fluffysphere.com/images/recipes/ccs_2.jpg

Ashi
02-27-2008, 09:49 AM
Balzac: What is that? Where would one find that? The picture is making my mouth water...

Big D
02-27-2008, 10:07 AM
That looks like a mighty thick caramel slice...

It's nearly midnight, and I'm eating a couple of purple plums. Tasty, but not quite ripe enough to take off the sour edge.

Balzac
02-27-2008, 10:16 AM
They are indeed caramel slices :D!