PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone here heard of a game titled "Zabika"?

KentaRawr!
02-25-2008, 01:14 AM
This question is probably somewhat common in some communities, but has anyone here heard of a game titled "Zabika"? The reason I ask this is because I recently got the chance to play "SNATCHER", a game directed by Hideo Kojima, which seems to be a Graphic Adventure Game. The Attendant, Mika, introduced me to the computer titled "JORDAN", and Story-Wise, it has a database in which you can search for people. Naturally, I tried entering "Kojima", and it showed me some data on him, including that his favorite game is "Zabika", and that his nick-name is "Ojama".

Could anyone help me on this?

JKTrix
02-25-2008, 04:39 PM
Perhaps you could present the question to Kojima himself (or at least someone accessible in his company).

Ryan Payton produces the Kojima Productions Report (http://www.kjp.konami.jp/gs/hideoblog_e/) podcast, and they have a form where you can officially submit questions (http://www.konami.jp/gs/kojima_pro/english/blog_mail.html). You *may* have to actually listen to the podcast to receive your answer, since the form suggests that you do listen.

KentaRawr!
02-25-2008, 08:10 PM
Thanks, JKTrix. I've sent in the question. I really hope it's included in that Podcast!

Vyk
03-08-2008, 03:03 PM
I played Snatcher on SegaCD. It wasn't what I'd call a text adventure o.o

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-08-2008, 05:08 PM
Yeah, it's a graphic adventure game.

"Zabika" could mean Zaviga, a vertical arcade shooter made by Data East in 1984. I...kind of doubt it, though.

Dreddz
03-08-2008, 06:03 PM
Best game on the Sega CD. Great mesh of Blade Runner, Akira and the Terminator.

Im still waiting on that Policenauts translation.

Vyk
03-08-2008, 06:31 PM
That was a PC game wasn't it (among other systems)? You'd think a group of techies would have taken care of that by now...

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-08-2008, 06:41 PM
It was on PC-98 (not an actual PC, despite the name), then 3DO, then PlayStation and Saturn.

Dreddz
03-08-2008, 06:41 PM
That was a PC game wasn't it (among other systems)? You'd think a group of techies would have taken care of that by now...

You would, wouldnt you. Its taken them five years already to make an English translation for the PS1 version. It was supposed to be released last year but got pushed till sometime this year. The whole project is a mystery really, but the people responsible said last month that they're still working on it. So its good that it hasnt been cancelled or anything.

Policenauts was actually announced for Saturn but got cancelled due to synching problems with the English dub and the actions on screen. Lame reason if you ask me.

Vyk
03-08-2008, 06:44 PM
Yeah. I remember I was looking forward to it. That was like ten years ago :/ We lost out on a lot of good games back then though so it wasn't a huge surprise... I miss my Saturn, haha