PDA

View Full Version : EoFF Invitation: tGA

Kossage
02-25-2008, 03:18 PM
Yeah, it's that time again. xD

<a href="http://www.thegamersalliance.net/forums">http://www.thegamersalliance.net/forums</a>

The Gamer's Alliance (aka tGA) has been EoFF's unofficial forums-based ORPG for many years. It began as a collection of EzBoards getting together to RP (EoFF and several others, now long dead), and it evolved from there all the way into its current incarnation. tGA has historically drawn most of its membership from EoFF, and well-known EoFFers such as Cid, Dr Unne, Bleys, Raistlin, Loony BoB and Jojo among others have been RPing there.

tGA is a forums-based Online RPG. It's basically a large-scale interactive fanfic with a lot of people set in a Medieval fantasy world, including a map and everything. The idea is to make a character in this world and join in the current plot. You can be anything from a self-righteous paladin bent on eliminating evil to a sneaky thief who interferes with everyone. You can even be an evil black mage set on taking over the world or a wacky pirate who loves drapes. The plot of the RP is not set in stone, so anyone can add new ideas to it. However, admins (Councillors) will be reading and participating in the RP and will watch for "god-moding" (overpowering your characters, doing something ridiculously unrealistic), but we're pretty lenient.

It's quite easy to get involved. Just read through the Rules, FAQ and New State of the World threads, and then make a profile for your RP character in the Profiles thread. Once your character profile is approved, you're free to join in the RP (stickied in the Crossroads forum) at any point.

If you don't feel like RPing in the main forum or if you want to start another RP set in your own world, tGA has a Quest forum where you can start your own original RPs that other members can join. Another notable area, Speak Your Mind, acts as tGA's General Chat where people can introduce themselves and talk with one another. There are other areas as well, but you'll have to go and see them yourself. ;)

Important links:

<a href="http://www.thegamersalliance.net/forums/showthread.php?t=546">The Rules</a>: The rules of the RP. The thread also contains a role-playing guide.
<a href="http://www.thegamersalliance.net/forums/showthread.php?t=545">FAQ</a>: Frequently Asked Questions about tGA.
<a href="http://www.thegamersalliance.net/forums/showthread.php?t=547">Profiles</a>: Where you post your character's profile. Instructions for how to do so in the link.
<a href="http://www.thegamersalliance.net/forums/showthread.php?t=544">New State of the World</a>: the current state of the tGA world.
<a href="http://www.thegamersalliance.net/forums/showthread.php?t=554">The World Map</a>: the map of the tGA world.
<a href="http://www.thegamersalliance.net/forums/showthread.php?t=551">RP thread</a>: where we're currently RPing.

The new RP has recently started, so now it's a good time to meet new people and join the RP. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them in this thread. I'm sure other current members here might have some comments as well.

So, go sign up! :)

P.S. In case someone decides to be an ass, I've asked for permission to post this thread.

Chemical
02-25-2008, 03:32 PM
I think I still have an account there.

Jojee
02-25-2008, 03:33 PM
Oi yeah, I remember about that xD I was gonna do stuffs and then forgot. I'll get around to it!

Aerith's Knight
02-25-2008, 03:38 PM
im gonna join.. as soon as i get off from work :p

Kossage
02-25-2008, 04:21 PM
Chemical and Jojee: It'd be nice to see both of you back. :)

Aerith's Knight: That's good to hear. The more, the merrier. :D

theundeadhero
02-25-2008, 04:24 PM
SPAMBOT! *Bans*

If Chemical and Jojee come back I'll come back.

escobert
02-25-2008, 04:51 PM
I cba to do that nonsense. I remember I did it once but bah to that!

41-Inches-Wide
02-25-2008, 05:44 PM
I hope to participate.

Nic
02-25-2008, 06:38 PM
And we do still have an IRC channel, y'know. ;p

Raistlin
02-25-2008, 07:26 PM
Wow, this is the first invite thread in many many years that I didn't make. *sits back, relaxes*

I didn't even know we still had that IRC channel. Well I guess we can always have it - just not in use much. It was pretty fun and active some odd years ago.

Kossage
02-25-2008, 08:03 PM
And for those of you who would like to meet us in IRC, here are the necessary details:

Server: irc.eyesonff.com
Port: 6667
Room: #tga

Chemical
02-25-2008, 09:05 PM
I'll go if Obama goes.

Aerith's Knight
02-25-2008, 09:12 PM
nobody wants to go if i goes :whimper:

*goes off to live in a cave*

Ouch!
02-25-2008, 10:06 PM
Apparently I'm already registered there as Zaphier. I've made one post. Go me!

Old Manus
02-25-2008, 10:10 PM
The cool kids go to FG.

Roogle
02-25-2008, 10:12 PM
Thank you for the invitation. I am currently playing a game run on the FFRPG System (http://www.returnergames.com/) by Returner Games. I enjoy roleplaying, but it has to have some sort of battle system for me to be actively interested in it.

Citizen Bleys
02-25-2008, 11:29 PM
I'm working on a Death Arena where we throw lions at people who try to godmode. That's like a battle system.

Yamaneko
02-26-2008, 12:18 AM
I won't even insult your guys' intelligence by suggesting what you know I'm going to suggest.

Raistlin
02-26-2008, 12:54 AM
The cool kids go to FG.

Bwahahahahahahahaha

Good one.

I won't even insult your guys' intelligence by suggesting what you know I'm going to suggest.

That you definitely won't make a profile tomorrow, right? Because we know that's a big fib! :love:

Strawberry_Mew
02-26-2008, 01:01 AM
nobody wants to go if i goes :whimper:

*goes off to live in a cave*

I'll go if u go XD I havent RP in along time so my RP skills will be rusty XD

Kossage
02-26-2008, 01:41 PM
Aerith's Knight: Please come. We've already got new members, so you're not scaring people away. It'd be nice to see you RPing as well. :D

Ouch!: Well, it's not too late to start RPing now. Or if you don't feel like RPing, you can participate in the discussions. ;)

Old Manus: Speaking of which, we had some FG members (e.g. The Man) RPing at tGA as well a few years ago. :p

Roogle: You're welcome. You could join the forums just to have conversations, though, if you don't feel like RPing there. We have different areas for discussions which cover all kinds of subjects. :cool:

Bleys: xD But yeah, you're right. We don't really like to see god-moding around, because it's unfair to other players. That's why Council has various means of making sure that people follow the rules. ;)

Yamaneko: It'd be great to see you back even if you'd only participate in the conversations. I miss your witty replies. There's also a tech-related matter that you might be able to help us with. :D

Strawberry_Mew: Don't worry. We're not expecting people to be top-notch RPers. It's quite easy to get into action once you read the Rules thread, and the RPing itself isn't that difficult. Think of our RP as collaborative creative writing. And if you have any questions, you can always post a thread or you can PM members. :)

NeoCracker
02-26-2008, 01:59 PM
I don't work well with other writers though, they tend to piss me off and do their writing in an odd manner that boggles my mind. :(

Kossage
02-26-2008, 08:58 PM
Well, you could participate in discussions in other areas such as Speak Your Mind, or you could post your own fiction in Creative Talents if you don't want to RP. :)

Aerith's Knight
02-26-2008, 08:59 PM
i totally forgot about it yesterday xD

did Jojo come already?

anyway ill do it tonight.. if i dont forget xD

Jojee
02-26-2008, 09:00 PM
So like they've got a whole thing going on already in one city where like everyone is and I can't be arsed to join it xD Who wants to start something new with me somewhere else far away in the world?

NeoCracker
02-26-2008, 09:03 PM
So like they've got a whole thing going on already in one city where like everyone is and I can't be arsed to join it xD Who wants to start something new with me somewhere else far away in the world?

....Is it just me or does this post sound highly suggestive?

Come one, I can't be the only one who thinks this.

Aerith's Knight
02-26-2008, 09:03 PM

me! me! :D

....Is it just me or does this post sound highly suggestive?

Come one, I can't be the only one who thinks this.

:shifty:

Jojee
02-26-2008, 09:04 PM
Get your head out of the gutter, Mikey! :p

Anyway, so besides me and AK, anyone else onboard?

NeoCracker
02-26-2008, 09:05 PM

My heads always in the gutter. :p

And maybe.

Aerith's Knight
02-26-2008, 09:07 PM

My heads always in the gutter. :p

And maybe.

when has it ever not been? xD

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-26-2008, 09:09 PM
The best part of TGA was watching this one guy write pages at a time about his ninja character training by himself in a forest somewhere, completely divorced from what anyone else was doing. Nevermind the collaborative aspect of role-playing; he really just wanted to express to the world how Slashbite Fangsword had six shurikens but then he used one to kill a badger and then he had five shurikens.

NeoCracker
02-26-2008, 09:11 PM
The best part of TGA was watching this one guy write pages at a time about his ninja character training by himself in a forest somewhere, completely divorced from what anyone else was doing. Nevermind the collaborative aspect of role-playing; he really just wanted to express to the world how Slashbite Fangsword had six shurikens but then he used one to kill a badger and then he had five shurikens.

Epic.

Jojee
02-26-2008, 09:13 PM
Scarface <3 He was my favorite guy ever! And he toasted rabbits ^_^

Aerith's Knight
02-26-2008, 09:20 PM
omg that is so sad xD

Kossage
02-26-2008, 09:47 PM
Yeah, Scarface was funny. However, no one can beat Bashkar. :p

Jojo: If you're going to start elsewhere than Ravensworth, you could start around Folsworth Woods where a few characters currently are, or then you could be hunting demons with Lynx in Yamato. :)

Aerith's Knight
02-26-2008, 09:51 PM
i wanna build the town.. can i make the map and such xD

Aerith's Knight
02-27-2008, 02:28 AM
ive joined ^__^

Citizen Bleys
02-27-2008, 06:18 AM
I'm considering starting a subplot in Maar Sul as well, for anyone who wants a change of environment. The downside is that you might wind up in Scundia.

escobert
02-27-2008, 06:21 AM
I liked it better when I thought bleys was dead ;_;

Nic
02-27-2008, 06:24 AM
We've also got some stuff going on in Folsworth Woods, and I'd planned on starting something in either Yamato or Aison when I get the chance to figure it out. ;o

Speaking of uh, questionable RPers...Deshtwat's Harry Potter stuff is starting to grow on me. Is that a bad sign?

Kossage
02-27-2008, 01:41 PM
Hey, good to see you around there as well, Aerith's Knight. :D

And yeah, there are a bunch of places where people can go to in the RP world instead of sticking to just one location. :)

theundeadhero
02-27-2008, 08:32 PM
I rejoined today and pretty much jumped right into the main story as easy as if I had been around the whole time. My character is named Sam and she has a new pet piggy.

Aerith's Knight
02-27-2008, 08:33 PM
i joined too. ^^

i wrote 2 pages already xD

Raistlin
02-28-2008, 02:27 PM

Scar was hilarious.

Kossage
02-28-2008, 10:40 PM
Scar was hilarious.

Surely not as hilarious as Bashkar? :p

Raistlin
03-01-2008, 03:35 AM
Different kind of hilarious. Bashkar was written to be an amusing character; Scar was unintentional hilarity at its finest. Both were great in their own way.

Kossage
03-03-2008, 06:32 PM
Now that's more like it. :p

Anyways, it's still not too late to join the RP or the forums in general. :)

theundeadhero
03-03-2008, 06:45 PM
I'll be making a post today.

Kossage
03-06-2008, 05:29 PM
And speaking of which, it is alright to post humorous posts too. After all, we once had a funny pirate who loved drapes. :D

Raistlin
03-06-2008, 07:36 PM
And I just made a fundie who thinks every other character is going to burn in hell.