PDA

View Full Version : Cheering for the Aurochs

Skyblade
02-25-2008, 10:36 PM
Ok, every time I've played the championship game against the Goers, I've forced myself to win it. However, in my latest playthrough, I did better than I ever have before, reaching an unprecedented 3-0 in the first minute of the second half. And something rather unexpected happened: Bobba made an announcement. It was a speech box while the score was going up that said "The crowd is cheering for the Aurochs! Isn't this exciting?" It made me wonder if any of you had seen this message before or knew about it, because it's a first for me. I love these kind of cheery little easter eggs tossed in by the writers.

Namelessfengir
02-25-2008, 11:07 PM
ive gotten that i figured it was natural this is the best they've been doing in seventeen years

Skyblade
02-25-2008, 11:11 PM
ive gotten that i figured it was natural this is the best they've been doing in seventeen years

Actually, if you check by the pub after your victory, you're told you ended a 23 year losing streak. Yeah, it's been a while, and it's natural for the fans to cheer, I was just surprised the programmers put it in.

Renmiri
02-25-2008, 11:58 PM
I got that too. Can't remember the score though

Namelessfengir
02-26-2008, 12:02 AM

Actually, if you check by the pub after your victory, you're told you ended a 23 year losing streak. Yeah, it's been a while, and it's natural for the fans to cheer, I was just surprised the programmers put it in.

right, wakka had the 17 year losing streak... right
(i really should play through again, get the script down)

Skyblade
02-26-2008, 12:20 AM

right, wakka had the 17 year losing streak... right
(i really should play through again, get the script down)

Wakka had a 10 year losing streak.

Namelessfengir
02-26-2008, 12:27 AM
why the hell am i thinking 17

Jessweeee♪
02-26-2008, 12:35 AM
Only when I cheated :bigsmile:

Tavrobel
02-26-2008, 12:41 AM
Yeah, I did get that once when I got a 2-0 in the first few minutes. The Goers wound up scoring 1 afterwards in the second half, and I made up for it by Jecht Shotting one with Tidus, and a score with Wakka.

I thought people would have known about it by now. There's a whole cavalcade of videos of perfect FFX completions.

ReloadPsi
02-26-2008, 12:53 AM
I saw the title and instantly thought of how "well" the crowd are animated. Absolutely hilarious, that.

And a 23 year losing streak? XD

Tavrobel
02-26-2008, 01:19 AM

That's not that long. Wassup Chicago? Hi Boston. So, Philly, where's those Super Bowl rings?

Ouch!
02-26-2008, 02:40 AM

That's not that long. Wassup Chicago? Hi Boston. So, Philly, where's those Super Bowl rings?
Yeah, but at least they don't lose every game. Just important ones.

cally777
02-26-2008, 06:12 AM

Yeah, but at least they don't lose every game. Just important ones.

Absolutely! Losing every game sucked. The Aurochs should have been banned/relegated from the league for that kind of performance. Or had a system like American football where they got the first picks of new players.

Cheer for the Goers instead. Those guys were professionals.

:choc::choc::choc: