PDA

View Full Version : Dynasty Warrior 6

TyphoonThaReapa
02-26-2008, 02:24 PM
So, I brought this game for the PS3 and I don't find it as a waste of money, but it is a disappointment. Here's some Pros and Cons I have about it...

Pros:
Good Graphics
New Level Up System (Which remains me of FFX)
New Character Descriptions (Probably falls under graphics)
Good Environment Descriptions (Again probably falls under graphics)

Cons:
Less Characters
Repetitiveness
Main Character Copy and Paste (Just what's being said. Two different characters would have the same attacks)
Non-Original Story (Which I was expecting. This is Dynasty Warriors you know...)

Well, This is pretty much all I can think of at the moment. Feel free to add to the last. Anyway, overall, this game and probably every game like this since Dynasty Warriors 3, which I never played but assume I'm missing little by this point, is beginning to be very annoying. Personally, I would rather stick to any of the Dynasty Warriors Empire title from now on. On a scale from 1 to 10, I'd give this a 7...

LunarWeaver
02-26-2008, 05:06 PM
I gave up on this series with 4, though I did give 5 a rent so not totally I guess. But I had high hopes for 6! I was really hoping with the new systems they would take a chance and reinvent the series, but instead it's business as usual. They will be making the same game until the day I die.

Madame Adequate
02-26-2008, 05:38 PM
I was also hoping they would take the chance and do something new now, but I guess it's not to be. I'll pic up DW6 sometime, I imagine, but it's no longer the priority it once was.

Dreddz
02-26-2008, 10:19 PM
I remember getting half way into the first DW and feeling frustrated with the sheer amount of repetition. How anybody can have played all six games all the way through is beyond me.

Just let this series die.

Mo-Nercy
03-04-2008, 02:08 AM
I must admit, I own 3,4 and 5 of the series and thoroughly enjoy playing all of them. Although I can't imagine myself getting a next-gen console just for DW6, I think I could see myself buying the game if a PS3 fell off the back of a truck and into my arms.

What I would need most is Chaos mode. DW5's Chaos mode makes the game stupidly hard and much less boring as any hit from any one could potentially end your game.

Markus. D
03-04-2008, 10:10 AM
I was interested with the direction the Sumarai thingy games leveling system was going ^^

It's all to same same for me though.

Spuuky
03-05-2008, 07:36 AM
Did you say "let this series die"? I hate you.

It's hard to call repetitiveness a con of this particular Dynasty Warriors game, since it's a hallmark of the series. As for the clone characters, none of the "main" characters (those with Musou modes) have clones. Obviously the lack of an original story can't be held against it, since it's specifically based on the novel, but okay. If you want an original story for it, then get Warriors Orochi instead. It also has the variants on gameplay that some of you people are looking for. Wikipedia's article can tell you plenty about that, I suspect.

And yeah, the game has Chaos mode, of course, and (like Warriors Orochi) it is much harder as a whole than DW5 and all the games that preceded it. The big issues I have with the game are the lack of Musou modes for all the characters and the somewhat tedious siege tactics. I still absolutely adore it. I was stunned that I managed to lose a level on Normal difficulty; that's innovation enough after DW4-5's level of ease.

Vivisteiner
03-05-2008, 07:54 PM
I own DW4 and it was fun and definitely worth it. But when I look at the improvement in later games, they just seem so insubstantial that I doubt it would be worth my extra money. I mean, DW6 looks very similar to DW4 but with better graphics.

Vyk
03-08-2008, 02:54 PM
I've played 2 and 3 and own 4. They're fun if you like just charging through and mashing things up. Actually the only thing that really ever bothered me was doing the same story over and over and over. They're all the same games. Its like a series of remakes. I think it's time they let THE STORY die. And create something fictional with that system. A stretegic action rpg mash'em'up thing? I never tried Samurai Warriors but I was happy they ventured away from the three kingdoms thing for a moment. I always wanted to try the Kessen games too. But then I heard mention that Dynasty Warriors was going in that direction itself. Didn't they just make a Gundam game based on that system? That's pretty neat too :]