PDA

View Full Version : Cha-Cha-Challenge!

Rye
02-26-2008, 09:38 PM
Tell Rye all of the challenges that you're committing yourself to as of late. :bigsmile:

My current two are:

1) Lose 15 pounds in 3-4 months. I'm going to try to work out almost every day for 45 minutes. I'd be delighted to lose 20 or so pounds by August, when I go to college.

2) I want to learn and master a Mozart Soprano Aria called "Ach, ich fühl's" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhYNPKo5f1k) by June. It's one of the toughest things I've ever attempted, it's very exciting. I love learning new opera songs. :bigsmile:

Aerith's Knight
02-26-2008, 09:40 PM
is that concerto for the piano, or do you mean singing..

because i wouldnt mind taking a crack at it.

Balzac
02-26-2008, 09:43 PM
To get a job at Twisted Studio.

Rye
02-26-2008, 09:45 PM

I meant singing, hence the soprano Aria. xD I can't play piano, I sing.

JeonRina14
02-26-2008, 09:47 PM
You don't need to lose any weight! ^^ I think that you're very pretty already =D and you look healthy to me~ ^-^

Um well I have some goals I set for myself haha ^^

Practice harder on the piano without my parents forcing me to everyday haha ^^

Lose weight >.<

and make more friends here in America^^ before I maybe have to go back to korea.

Anddd...hm...oh! make sure I stay sane until I start high school next year ^^ lol

thats all ._.; lol ~

Flying Mullet
02-26-2008, 09:53 PM
My bigger challenges coming up are a <a href="http://www.endorfunsports.com/lonestar/lonestarinternat.html">quarter Ironman (0.6 mile swim, 28 mile bike and 6.5 mile run) triathlon</a> coming up in March and a 100 mile bike ride in August called the <a href="http://www.hh100.org/">Hotter 'N Hell</a>.

Caraliz
02-26-2008, 09:58 PM
Just to finish up this semester without failing.

Aerith's Knight
02-26-2008, 10:00 PM

I meant singing, hence the soprano Aria. xD I can't play piano, I sing.

how about you sing and i do the piano :jokey:

Ultima Shadow
02-26-2008, 10:03 PM
Getting all my homework done. And because of my lazyness, that's one heck of a challenge. >_<

Quindiana Jones
02-26-2008, 10:43 PM
Do extra work and actually pass my AS classes with good grades.

LOL.

rubah
02-26-2008, 11:19 PM
'Get an A in calculus'
'stop being fat'

Freya
02-26-2008, 11:28 PM
Stop drinking pop
Stop eating candy
Lose weight
Work out every other day
Get a slight tan
Pass all my classes
Get all my scholarship apps done
Get a job

I'm just starting the giving up pop and candy and working out. I plan on keeping up with it though.

Rantz
02-26-2008, 11:37 PM
I'm duelling against Hugh Jackman. 6am on Sunday in the Meadow. Flintlocks. No armour allowed.

I Took the Red Pill
02-26-2008, 11:40 PM
1) Lose 15 pounds in 3-4 pounds.Wait what.

Rye
02-26-2008, 11:41 PM
1) Lose 15 pounds in 3-4 pounds.Wait what.

Months. ;;

Quindiana Jones
02-26-2008, 11:46 PM
I'm duelling against Hugh Jackman. 6am on Sunday in the Meadow. Flintlocks. No armour allowed.

YOU FOOL! He can regenerate!

Rantz
02-26-2008, 11:53 PM
Yeah well my gun is loaded with Kryptonite.

LunarWeaver
02-26-2008, 11:57 PM
Mr. Rantzien is always one jump ahead of the bread line.

My challenge is to do more things myself and force myself to talk to people at places :jess:

Quindiana Jones
02-26-2008, 11:59 PM
Egads! Outjoked!

escobert
02-27-2008, 02:07 AM
save money!

Ki Ki
02-27-2008, 03:00 AM
:chef:. Get into business school
:chef:. Internshiiiipppz
:chef:. Eat less (not happening)

Shiny
02-27-2008, 04:55 AM
Try to get a film production done with my friend.

And finishing editing the one I already did.

NeoTifa
02-27-2008, 05:30 AM
lulz

very pretty aria rye. i would like to nail that too, but my voice is soprano already on a speaking tone lol to getting up in the really high register really .... uh .... gets kinda askew. alto is no prob for me though. ^_^

id say, practice the piano a bit, be able to memorize all the scales without cheating with my circle of death/fifths, get more air through my trombone. im mainly working on the last one. my tone quality kinda sucks 90% of the time. lol. im fat. jk. i love my trombone <3

rubah
02-27-2008, 05:40 AM
lulz

very pretty aria rye. i would like to nail that too, but my voice is soprano already on a speaking tone lol to getting up in the really high register really .... uh .... gets kinda askew. alto is no prob for me though. ^_^

id say, practice the piano a bit, be able to memorize all the scales without cheating with my circle of death/fifths, get more air through my trombone. im mainly working on the last one. my tone quality kinda sucks 90% of the time. lol. im fat. jk. i love my trombone <3

You aren't playing hard enough if you can still feel your lips after rehearsal.

Ashi
02-27-2008, 06:25 AM
There is this tray of snacks that goes around the offices at random times at work. My goal is to stop snacking off it! It's always the type of junk that makes me feel sick after an hour.

Breine
02-27-2008, 11:43 AM
save money!

Yeah, me too.

Jess
02-27-2008, 01:58 PM
:bowpanties: Pass my driving test in March
:bowpanties: Achieve a flat belly
:bowpanties: Achieve at least a Merit on all of my remaining units at college
:bowpanties: More work for more monies
:bowpanties: Be better at making decisions
:bowpanties: Come to a decision on whether to leave college in summer and start a degree in Psychology with the Open University, or to carry on with my current course and then go to a brick university~

Flying Mullet
02-27-2008, 02:09 PM
But why pink panties? Why not blue?

Jess
02-27-2008, 02:51 PM
Why not pink and blue? http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/1679/pinkblooil4.gif

Madame Adequate
02-27-2008, 03:58 PM
Nothing is a challenge to me.

Peegee
02-27-2008, 06:44 PM
How's this for a challenge:

- lose 10-15 lbs
- gain 5% muscle mass
- lose what seems to be 3-5% body fat

I am of the opinion James' workout program will be key in this goal.

scrumpleberry
02-27-2008, 06:51 PM
Produce better quality work in everything. Start doing backgrounds in my art!!! (also, learn how to colour XD)

Good luck with that aria. I cannot sing, so...

KentaRawr!
02-27-2008, 09:01 PM
15 pounds in 4 months? That sounds like a lot of time. Be sure to take it mathematically, Rye. There are two variables here that your actions control, and those are how much you take in, and how much you burn. So long as B/D (Burnt amount per day) is bigger than F/D (Fat taken in per day), you'll lose that weight. It's as simple as that, no challenge at all. Unless, like, you eat 10 Large Extra Pepperoni Pizzas per day or something. Then you're screwed for losing 15 pounds!

Anyway, a challenge I had for myself before was to beat every game represented by a character in Smash Bros. Brawl before its release, but I've given up on that, even though I only have 4 games left. Right now, I'm just concentrating on getting school done each day, and having fun.

Quindiana Jones
02-27-2008, 09:01 PM
Put half of what I earn into my savings account.
Don't spend my expendable income all at once - try to keep as much as possible.

cloud21zidane16
02-27-2008, 09:21 PM
Gain some more muscle on my chest/stomauch (going well:))

Get to know this girl in one of my classes better than have the courage to ask her out:sweatdrop

Blue Harvest
02-27-2008, 09:27 PM
~Lose weight. My beergut's getting so big it's not funny anymore.
~Get up the confidence to ask out at least one of the girls I like. But given that I only have one more day left with each of them, that's probably not gonna happen T_T

Jojee
02-27-2008, 09:29 PM
- More shopping
- More fun
- More procrastination
- More awesomeness
- win lottery to make some of the above more possible

:monkey:

Rye
02-27-2008, 09:31 PM
15 pounds in 4 months? That sounds like a lot of time. Be sure to take it mathematically, Rye. There are two variables here that your actions control, and those are how much you take in, and how much you burn. So long as B/D (Burnt amount per day) is bigger than F/D (Fat taken in per day), you'll lose that weight. It's as simple as that, no challenge at all. Unless, like, you eat 10 Large Extra Pepperoni Pizzas per day or something. Then you're screwed for losing 15 pounds!

Losing weight is really hard for me, and I think of it as a big challenge. Unlike a lot of people, I don't have a magic metabolism to make me skinny. I don't eat a big amount but I am relatively inactive. So now I'm trying to work out at least 5 or 6 times a week for 45 minutes, burning about 350 calories each session. I'm hoping to lose a pound a week. I hope I can do it... :3

Blue Harvest
02-27-2008, 09:40 PM
I could easily lose weight if I stopped going to KFC for lunch everyday :p

KentaRawr!
02-27-2008, 09:59 PM

Losing weight is really hard for me, and I think of it as a big challenge. Unlike a lot of people, I don't have a magic metabolism to make me skinny. I don't eat a big amount but I am relatively inactive. So now I'm trying to work out at least 5 or 6 times a week for 45 minutes, burning about 350 calories each session. I'm hoping to lose a pound a week. I hope I can do it... :3

Just be sure to always keep math in your head. If you really do lack the magic metabolism, and are inactive, then you must not only alter what you eat, but also your activities. Clearly, you already have an idea on what you'll be doing to help yourself along with activities, but try something that also fits into your life-style that you'll enjoy that ends up burning some calories. Maybe you could rent some games that really require some energy to do, and mind how much and what you are eating.

Zeldy
02-27-2008, 10:17 PM
:jinx: To lose half a stone by doing more exercise and eating and drinking healthily.
:jinx: To get all my coursework in on time.
:jinx: To study for my GCSEs
:jinx: To get drunk on prom night
:jinx: To have sexy time on prom night ;]
:jinx: To go to either Carmel or Winstanley college.