PDA

View Full Version : Who hear pumps iron!!

Hazzard
02-26-2008, 10:38 PM
AND THEN THERE WAS SPARTA!!!!!!!! :cool:

So, I'm wondering which members on EOFF take an interest in bodybuilding and weightlifting, and if it's one of your priorities to keep fit and mobile.

I personally like to keep my body well toned, however I'm trying to develop my chest more and form some bonified pecks. My shoulder frame is quite built, and my muscles are quite big for my age and I've got the six pack nearly covered.

Overall, I want you guys to discuss about what techniques you use when working out, or even if you don't lift weights I want to know if you at least do sit ups and push ups. The basics.

Rantz
02-26-2008, 10:52 PM
I don't do any kind of work out. If I was to "work out" in some way, I'd try to at least make my spent energy useful in some way, like walking to school or carrying old people across the road.

LunarWeaver
02-26-2008, 10:52 PM
I prefer to keep my stickly 10-year-old girl arms.

smittenkitten
02-26-2008, 10:53 PM
I use to do like 100 sits ups almost evweryday, walked everywhere and was built like iron. Now I'm flabby, lazy and I take the bus even if it's only a 5 minute walk. ^__^

Quindiana Jones
02-26-2008, 10:56 PM
You sicken me, Kitten in a Bush. :mad2:

Sergeant Hartman
02-26-2008, 11:02 PM
Yeah, like once a year.

I Took the Red Pill
02-26-2008, 11:02 PM
I have a Bench Press in my room, and I usually work out a lifting schedule based on what I have going on during the week.

Spammerman
02-26-2008, 11:03 PM
Im in my school weightlifting team, its conditioning for football, we just won the first comp about 2 sat ago. I actually competed, and as a freshmen in his 2nd month of lifting, i thought that was pretty good, even outlifted a junior. right now my squat is at 250, but im pretty sure i can go higher than that. we have rotations and we do 2 major lifts with some minor ones on monday, deadlifts, hang cleans, and some other ones on tuesday, and then thursdays we do a heavy lift. at home i use a 40 lb dumbbell in my spare time when i can, and i do about 40 push ups, and im getting a pull up bar sometime

CimminyCricket
02-26-2008, 11:07 PM
I like to keep in shape and it is kinda my job, but I don't lift weights. Pull ups, crunches running and the daily 16 make up my work out schedule.

Fonzie
02-26-2008, 11:10 PM
Every day for Football.

Budd Dwyer
02-26-2008, 11:12 PM
yes
if that is what you call it

JeonRina14
02-26-2008, 11:26 PM
Umm I lift my dads weights sometimes^^ but they're all way too heavy so it's usually my brother lifting them and me pretending to haha ^^

Araciel
02-27-2008, 12:26 AM
PG and I are taking the (pirated download version of the) P90x challenge. We set a start date Mar. 1 but I've been neglecting my workout 'routines' that I used to stick to...I'm all soft and nasty right now.

Captain Maxx Power
02-27-2008, 12:43 AM
I used to, but I simply don't have enough money to keep up payments with a gym. As such I'm slowly deteriorating into fatness. If I start losing my hair I can complete the weirdo lonely loser triumvirate of being short, fat and bald.

Evastio
02-27-2008, 12:52 AM
(sarcasm) Pumping iron is for lazy people. :rolleyes2

Seriously though, I don't since I'm not into exercising. I'm more of a brain person than a physical person.

Aerith's Knight
02-27-2008, 01:05 AM
i play around with a couple 25's every day.. but thats about it.

Jess
02-27-2008, 02:18 PM
I used to be a member at a gym, but I never used the gym - just the swimming pool. I'd go to the gym every other day and do laps continuoisly in the swimming pool for an hour-hour and a half. I wasn't lifting weights, but it toned my muscles. Now, I lift things at work. Boxes with cans and bottles of alcohol in them; the washing crate with all of the dirty/clean glasses in them. (I am a bar maid.) :jess:

I use to do like 100 sits ups almost evweryday
I used to do this too to tone my belly. I'm trying to start doing it again.

Roogle
02-27-2008, 03:58 PM
I do not currently engage in any physical activities for the purpose of bodybuilding. I do, however, have an unnamed hobby which keeps me relatively lean.

I have a question for you, Hazzard. When a person begins to engage in physical exercises like walking, jogging, weightlifting, or something like that, how does he know where to begin? Do you just do whatever comes to mind and hope for the best or are you supposed to do certain exercises in certain increments based off personal research, or...?

Peegee
02-27-2008, 04:29 PM
PG and I are taking the (pirated download version of the) P90x challenge. We set a start date Mar. 1 but I've been neglecting my workout 'routines' that I used to stick to...I'm all soft and nasty right now.

It's almost ridiculous how you have to maintain your exercise routine like it's a lifestyle. Your body just wants to revert back to flab, it seems.

I have a weight bench at home and a barbell, and some free weights. As James said, I am taking the P90x challenge starting march.

Oh dear God it's this Saturday. I will be in Oshawa if plans go through. Noooooo

:P

escobert
02-27-2008, 04:50 PM
I used to do some sit ups and push ups every morning but I cba.

Strawberry_Mew
02-27-2008, 06:26 PM
I go on walks at nite when the weather is nice <3

Roogle
02-27-2008, 06:29 PM
I have a weight bench at home and a barbell, and some free weights. As James said, I am taking the P90x challenge starting march.

What is the P90x Challenge?

Hazzard
02-27-2008, 06:37 PM
(sarcasm) Pumping iron is for lazy people. :rolleyes2

Seriously though, I don't since I'm not into exercising. I'm more of a brain person than a physical person.

Why not be both? You can be multi-talented.

EDIT: To answer Roogle's question, I would advise to start it slow and go at a steady pace when first beginning to exercise. Do not overexert yourself or push yourself past physical limits, because it will result in said person pulling a muscle or straining it too much. Also, it depends if you want to get toned and built, or just loose weight and burn off some calories; doing daily jogs and sprints can aid you with losing that horrible flab, and sit ups will make the process quicker (don't count the amount of sit ups you do, just keep it continuous until your stomach begins to ache, and when your exasperated with no energy left in the tank). You'll find you're make speedy progress, but then again it revolves around your digestive intake as well - eat healthily if you want to become slim, have a balanced diet with plenty of vitamins and minerals to help you on the way.

If becoming bulky, solid and generally built is on your agenda, then I would recommend joining a gym so you can be taught, or monitored by the professionals. Also, the equipment will be more officiant than just a pair of dumbbells and other home used equipment.

I don't know much about weightlifting and bodybuilding, so read guides on the internet if you want more knowledge on how to keep fit.

Peegee
02-27-2008, 06:50 PM

What is the P90x Challenge?

1. Go on the P90x program for 90 days
2. ????
3. epics!

scrumpleberry
02-27-2008, 07:02 PM
Um, I'm a bit squishy now...not fat, but a little squishier than I'd like to be.

I'm better than I was last year, though. Do a bit of stuff now and again. Have weights...must use more often.

LanceOfTime
02-27-2008, 07:19 PM
i don't lift weights, but i make up for it by being able to spell here

Roogle
02-27-2008, 07:40 PM
1. Go on the P90x program for 90 days
2. ????
3. epics!

What is the P90x program.

LunarWeaver
02-27-2008, 07:54 PM
P90X is a revolutionary system of 12 sweat-inducing, muscle-pumping workouts, designed to transform your body from regular to ripped in just 90 days. You'll also receive a comprehensive 3-phase nutrition plan, specially designed supplement options, a detailed fitness guide, a calendar to track your progress, online peer support, and much more. Your personal trainer, Tony Horton, will keep you engaged every step of the way, and you won't believe your results!

The secret behind the P90X system is an advanced training technique called "Muscle Confusion," which accelerates the results process by constantly introducing new moves and routines so your body never plateaus, and you never get bored! Whether you want to get lean, bulk up, or just plain get ripped, there's an endless variety of ways to mix and match the routines to keep you motivated the full 90 days and beyond!

Araciel
02-27-2008, 08:18 PM
P90X is a revolutionary system of 12 sweat-inducing, muscle-pumping workouts, designed to transform your body from regular to ripped in just 90 days. You'll also receive a comprehensive 3-phase nutrition plan, specially designed supplement options, a detailed fitness guide, a calendar to track your progress, online peer support, and much more. Your personal trainer, Tony Horton, will keep you engaged every step of the way, and you won't believe your results!

The secret behind the P90X system is an advanced training technique called "Muscle Confusion," which accelerates the results process by constantly introducing new moves and routines so your body never plateaus, and you never get bored! Whether you want to get lean, bulk up, or just plain get ripped, there's an endless variety of ways to mix and match the routines to keep you motivated the full 90 days and beyond!

lolol

P90X&#174; Extreme Home Fitness (http://www.p90x.com)

Roto13
02-27-2008, 08:21 PM

Too bad you can't punctuate or capitalize.

LanceOfTime
02-27-2008, 08:24 PM

Too bad you can't punctuate or capitalize.

lol, you got me, i never think about those kinds of things when i'm talking to people on the internet

loinharte
02-27-2008, 08:30 PM
i currently lift weights here are my maxs

Squat 300:D very proud cause i only wiegh 145

Bench 175

Dead lift 305

Military 165

Power clean 155

demondude
02-27-2008, 08:32 PM
I exercise and play sports but I can't be bothered to weight lift.