PDA

View Full Version : The Check Mii Out Channel

Evastio
02-26-2008, 11:37 PM
Even though this isn't really on the topic of gaming, I guess this goes here.

So how many of you guys have this channel downloaded on your Wii? Do the Miis you post get high scores? Do you do well in Mii Making Contests? Which Miis that are posted there do you like?

Some of the Miis posted on there I find really creative like this Kirby one where they practically drew Kirby on the Mii's face. There's also a Mii who has Mr. Game & Watch drawn on his face.

Roto13
02-26-2008, 11:46 PM
The Check Mii Out channel is awful. There are about five people on the whole thing who make interesting Miis, and the rest are boring and repetative. And the contests! Ugh! The top 50 always look exactly the same. And the stupid "girl with the bubbly personality" winners all looked like Bubbles from the Power Puff Girls.

Momiji
02-27-2008, 12:17 AM
I used to be interested in it. Then I got sick of all the Family Guy, Naruto, and Simpsons characters.

I made a Mii that looked a lot like Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh, and no one's rated it. I also made a Mii of Chii, but it isn't very good, thanks to the lack of options.

Evastio
02-27-2008, 12:27 AM
I used to be interested in it. Then I got sick of all the Family Guy, Naruto, and Simpsons characters.

I made a Mii that looked a lot like Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh, and no one's rated it. I also made a Mii of Chii, but it isn't very good, thanks to the lack of options.
I don't see that much of those three around. I'm not sure why though. If anything, I encounter a lot of Nintendo character Miis like Mario, Zelda, and even Pikachu.

I'm sorry to hear about that. What's your Mii Artisan username? Mine's T-Rex.

KentaRawr!
02-27-2008, 01:51 AM
I use it for getting Chuck Norris on my Wii. I used to participate in every contest when it was new, but I don't do that anymore.

Momiji
02-27-2008, 01:53 AM

I'm sorry to hear about that. What's your Mii Artisan username? Mine's T-Rex.

Justin. Good luck finding my Miis.

Shoeberto
02-27-2008, 04:29 AM
Some of the Miis on it are really cool and creative. The contests kinda suck though.

Shlup
02-27-2008, 04:43 AM
I use it a bit. I have three stars. The highest level I've gotten entering a contest is 9, I think. One below the highest. I also have an "impressive" eye for the voting.

I have a few Miis I've downloaded too.

Evastio
02-28-2008, 12:19 AM
Wow. I also got 9th Rank (1st being worst and 10th being best for those who don't know) for my best contest as well. That was for the Mii Version of Princess Peach Contest. I got a neat picture of Peach and the T-Rex Mii as a reward for it. :D

What does your Mii Artisan portrait look like?

Jessweeee♪
02-28-2008, 12:24 AM
I have a few interesting Miis posted on there, but most of mine are pretty bland :p

Roto13
02-28-2008, 02:57 AM
There are actual prizes for the contests?

Evastio
02-28-2008, 03:06 AM
Yeah. It's not like that picture was mailed to me by Nintendo themselves though. It's basically just saved on the Wii console and accessible on the calendar.

Roto13
02-28-2008, 03:22 AM
Hey, could you forward it to me? I'm kinda curious. :)

Evastio
02-28-2008, 03:32 AM
Um, how exactly? I guess I could show you a photo of it once I get the chance to.

Roto13
02-28-2008, 03:37 AM
I'm on your Wii friends list, right? When you're looking at the picture, there should be an option to send it to someone. :P

Evastio
02-28-2008, 03:48 AM
Oh, you can do that?! I'll do that once I have the chance to.

Shlup
02-28-2008, 03:51 AM
When I got 9th level I got a picture of Mario in space. I didn't get a Mii though.

Roto13
02-28-2008, 03:54 AM
I want all of the prizes without actually entering contests.

Evastio
02-28-2008, 03:58 AM
When I got 9th level I got a picture of Mario in space. I didn't get a Mii though.
Strange... With the Princess Peach picture you're able to place your Artisan Mii anywhere you wanted in the picture.

I want all of the prizes without actually entering contests.
Ahh... Clever.

Shlup
02-28-2008, 04:00 AM
Oh, I read it wrong--I thought you said you got to download an extra Mii.

Yeah, my Mii is in the picture. It was fun going through the poses. xD

Evastio
03-04-2008, 03:34 AM
I hope this isn't too old to post in.

I've sent it to you Roto.

As for finding Momiji's Miis I wasn't able to since there wasn't a "Search by Author" option. I could've sworn there was though.

Momiji
03-04-2008, 04:52 PM
Wow. I also got 9th Rank (1st being worst and 10th being best for those who don't know) for my best contest as well. That was for the Mii Version of Princess Peach Contest. I got a neat picture of Peach and the T-Rex Mii as a reward for it. :D

What does your Mii Artisan portrait look like?

Like me. :sweat: